Sign in to follow this  
Han_Sh0t_First

Z-44 - Are you kidding me?! (Do NOT buy!)

24 comments in this topic

Players
37 posts
4,261 battles

Right - I knew the stats, I read the reviews and I was well aware what I was heading into, but I bit the bullet as I have some weird fetisch for an 'underdog' and apparently have some serious self-loathing I have to deal with. 

And boy oh boy did the Z-44 deliver in spades - Trips back to port that is. 

For 60€ / 228.000 Coal you get the pleasure of sailing the seven seas in what I can only describe as hell on earth. 

Sure (!), her torpedo reload is super duper - And I can live with the non-existent alfa-strike on the torpedos (I own the Halland). But thats it, that is ALL she is - She might aswell NOT be equipped with guns, because the ones she have are..... Well, let us just say you stand precisely a snowballs chance in hell to survive an encounter with ANYTHING. 

Whomever tested this must have been high on crack cocain when he/she checked it off as 'Ready for release' and appraised it as 60€ / 228.000 coal. 

WG, at least give her Hydro - I mean, really, read LWM review - See Notser and Toptier review on Youtube. This boat cannot be recommended, at all. For anyone thinking about it, just forget about the Z-44 (In it's current state at least) and save your cash / coal. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,265 posts
31,161 battles

Fully agree. I got it too, as I am DD main - luckily for coal. 

It is meh at the best. I can not see the reason why would you choose Z-44 over Yugumo. Yugumo beats it in every department, better torps, better guns, better concealment...

Oh well, just another port queen - good for snowflakes

• Cool 3

Players
2,588 posts
4 hours ago, Han_Sh0t_First said:

(...)

For 60€ / 228.000 Coal you get the pleasure of sailing the seven seas in what I can only describe as hell on earth

(...)

Hell on earth? Really? Then I guess it makes Z-23, what? Inferno in Hell?

Just asking.

For a friend.

Obviously.

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
37 posts
4,261 battles
8 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Hell on earth? Really? Then I guess it makes Z-23, what? Inferno in Hell?

Just asking.

For a friend.

Obviously.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Ha ha 🙂🙃

In all honestly, I cannot even fathom why they would ever release a ship like this, it makes other meh-boats look like OP god-tier super-boats. 

It sends a shiver down my spine that they actually BUFFED the concealment right before release (To 6.1....lol?) - Could you imagine sailing around in a designated torpedo DD, without hydro, with the old concealment? *Face palm* 

6.1 is already bad enough. 

What scares me the most is that SOMEONE was apparently testing it before release and thought 'Yah, we better lower concealment just a tad and she will be perfect' - I am bewildered. 

Grab yourself a cup of your favorite beverage, go look up Notser or Toptier review of the Z-44, and be prepared to loose all faith.

60€ / 228.000 coal ..... Really Wargaming, really?! 

Hopefully this post will turn at least 1 person off buying it, saving them their cash / coal. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,588 posts
2 hours ago, Han_Sh0t_First said:

(...)

It is German. It is supposed to be bad. Same with IJN boats.

Faith? Never had any. It is WG game.

• Cool 5

[-RNR-]
Players
1,560 posts

I watched Aeroons video on it basically  a 2020 meh Boat, A candidate for next years Satan Crates then :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3

Players
37 posts
4,261 battles
25 minutes ago, Maris_Piper said:

I watched Aeroons video on it basically  a 2020 meh Boat, A candidate for next years Satan Crates then :Smile_facepalm:

Yah - Everyone, from CC to Youtubers and your Average Joe, that had the.... Erhm.. 'Pleasure' of sailing this Meh-boat agrees. 

Hopefully word spreads quick enough that a few sorry souls won't part with their coal, or god forbid, cash. 

Just want to emphasize - Do NOT buy this boat unless you are a hardcore collecter. She WILL be a port queen before you done a dozen matches and given up on her. 

Want a 'free' torpedo spammer? Get the Halland and it's god-tier AA. 

Want a 'free' German DD? Get the sister-ship Z-46, you might not be spamming at the same rate, but everything else is better + Hydro. 

Or just roll with any other Tier IX DD which beats the Z-44 in all possible ways - And save yourself the cash and coal. 

• Cool 2

Players
498 posts
8,094 battles
On 12/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, Han_Sh0t_First said:

Right - I knew the stats, I read the reviews and I was well aware what I was heading into, but I bit the bullet as I have some weird fetisch for an 'underdog' and apparently have some serious self-loathing I have to deal with. 

And boy oh boy did the Z-44 deliver in spades - Trips back to port that is. 

For 60€ / 228.000 Coal you get the pleasure of sailing the seven seas in what I can only describe as hell on earth. 

Sure (!), her torpedo reload is super duper - And I can live with the non-existent alfa-strike on the torpedos (I own the Halland). But thats it, that is ALL she is - She might aswell NOT be equipped with guns, because the ones she have are..... Well, let us just say you stand precisely a snowballs chance in hell to survive an encounter with ANYTHING. 

Whomever tested this must have been high on crack cocain when he/she checked it off as 'Ready for release' and appraised it as 60€ / 228.000 coal. 

WG, at least give her Hydro - I mean, really, read LWM review - See Notser and Toptier review on Youtube. This boat cannot be recommended, at all. For anyone thinking about it, just forget about the Z-44 (In it's current state at least) and save your cash / coal. 

Crikey I heard from some players it was bad but wow really? Dang

• Cool 2

[-WWG-]
Players
13 posts
10,794 battles

From all comments above , thank you for warning guys. However I was wondering if to spend so much coal on Neustrashimy or Z-44. Obviously Z-44 you convinced me already.

Any comments about Russian ex-steel dd.

I have collected enough coal, however I really don't like that WG cheated , this is so crazy amount of coal, but still tempting to purchase.

Anyone comments on Neustrashimy?

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
4,261 battles
40 minutes ago, Matros_ said:

From all comments above , thank you for warning guys. However I was wondering if to spend so much coal on Neustrashimy or Z-44. Obviously Z-44 you convinced me already.

Any comments about Russian ex-steel dd.

I have collected enough coal, however I really don't like that WG cheated , this is so crazy amount of coal, but still tempting to purchase.

Anyone comments on Neustrashimy?

I would take Neustrashimy in a heartbeat over any other Tier IX DD there is. 

The Specialized Repair team alone is worth it. 

Then you add in  AMAZING concealment + 10Km torps (On a russian!) and her railgun Guns.... 

The ONLY con is her insane coal price, if you have that coal I would not think twice about buying her.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
[CHEFT]
Players
1,458 posts
28,247 battles

Guys, just don't rush buying newly released premium ships.... So much hype for nothing...

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Tester
318 posts
10,216 battles

You knew it was bad, yet you bought it. So explain to me why exactly WG needs to make better German premiums when bad German premiums sell well too?

• Cool 2

Players
1,040 posts
6,026 battles

you spend more on an ingame item than the cost of a new game.

you did this after seeing reviews it was difficult to use.

you did this knowing the state of play at high tier.

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
4,261 battles
3 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

you spend more on an ingame item than the cost of a new game.

you did this after seeing reviews it was difficult to use.

you did this knowing the state of play at high tier.

Woah hold your horses. 

Like you say yourself, I did it well knowing - I am merely warning other people about purchasing it. 

I am luckily in a situation where I have a good income, so have no problems blowing off some cash for a ship. 

Yes, there are numerous Youtube reviews of the ship, but if anyone would come to the forums there were not really anything said about it. 

Just warning anyone against using hard earned coal or real money, and expecting a Benham 2.0 - They will be sorely disappointed. 

• Cool 2

Players
526 posts
25,599 battles

Thanks for the thread @Han_Sh0t_First, but I had already made my mind up on this ship.

I just don't get how WG thought this would be a good ship to add.

Ho hum.......shame you spent your money though, but as you say you have some spare which is a fair point.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,359 posts
6,764 battles

Tbh, just get a T-61 instead. Or a Z-35 if you really want a high tier German DD.

• Cool 1

Players
1,040 posts
6,026 battles
6 hours ago, Han_Sh0t_First said:

Just warning anyone against using hard earned coal or real money, and expecting a Benham 2.0 - They will be sorely disappointed. 

fair enough. 

its just hard to expand on these topics when they happen so often.

my own logic is "dont buy a thing that will see t10".

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
822 posts
On 12/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, Han_Sh0t_First said:

Agree, not the first time that some ship are released in a terrible state. Unless ... the testing phase was shrtened for some reason.

:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Alfa_Tau
  • Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,105 posts
15,168 battles

It's sort of comparable to Benham except that where Z-44 gets 32mm HE pen, 5k more HP, double the AA and 2km more torpedo range Benham compensates by having twice as many torps, making it an actual good torpedo boat. Z-44 ends up being a very average torpedo boat by still having some sort of hybrid identity that really does not leave it with many usable strengths.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this