You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

PSA: Santa Containers

616 comments in this topic

[SITH-]
Players
182 posts
4,801 battles

They should have offered a partial refund and SC at a reasonable ratio to containers bought. I feel sorry for people having to endure the 'rollback' option .. that is a really poor option.

I suspect people are going to start complaining to regulators and WG may find themselves in the same situation as EA where their loot boxes get investigated.

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
15,245 battles

You don't need 107 ships for Santa Containers.
4-7 tier delete.
And tier 9 ships would have to fly with more rain. If it costs 62 euro, that package.
Why you have to be so shrinking.
Let everyone have the ship they want.
I wanted Missouri and Musashi.
But it just remains a dream 

[FAF]
Players
1 post
6,678 battles
7 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

Are you actually trying to tell us that you did not mislead players on purpose? Was this "excessive" description removed to save couple lines of space or to mislead players?
This "already detailed" description doesn't tell us anything about the odds of getting certain ships with MUCH higher probability...
What about new players before 2018 who have never seen this original description???

This is not just scummy, this is illegal and should be handled accordingly.

There are already evidence and research done by players that this kind of false marketing is actually against FTC (Federal Trading Commission) and European Union Law (quick google search will give you more information about the subject)
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32006L0114
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/advertising-marketing-internet-rules-road

• Cool 4

Players
100 posts
12,754 battles

>>>

Ahoy Commander Kuan_Yin.

Thank you for writing back to us.

First of all, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Upon checking, we can confirm that you already used the item received on the Containers which prevents us to process a refund. However, we can offer a Rollback before the purchase was made (December 03, 2020) for us to proceed with a refund. Please be advised that proceeding with a rollback will erase any progress made after December 03.

Let us know your decision regarding this matter.

Best regards,

<<<

I used some Cameos... So i had to use Rollback option (though i had some cameos prior)  - only thing that bugs me all the items unrelated will be gone too... (Supercontainer with 50000 free xp, stuff from the armory....)

So they rollback but also give a finger to your in game development without any compensation...

not a nice way to mea culpa and incentivize me to ever use the cashshop again....

too all you legalese hunters - the EU has a law regarding games in beta and micro-transactions - i will let you google it yourself.

• Funny 2

[BLUMR]
[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
165 posts
6,745 battles
28 minutes ago, Kuan_Yin said:

erase any progress made after December 03.

Same here. So I am refunding one of 3 santa bundles, the last one I purchased on the morning of the 5th the previous 2 the night before. Now they will refund that one jusst fine, but it will roll back my account to the 3rd. Sooooo I lose the other 40 containers then? They can't seem to wrap their heads around why that would be a problem  :fish_palm:

Players
100 posts
12,754 battles

15 minutes ago, Dirpitz said:

Same here. So I am refunding one of 3 santa bundles, the last one I purchased on the morning of the 5th the previous 2 the night before. Now they will refund that one jusst fine, but it will roll back my account to the 3rd. Sooooo I lose the other 40 containers then? They can't seem to wrap their heads around why that would be a problem  :fish_palm:

well - probably alot of people now are giving them the finger - and its easier to rollback to a certain date in the database than figuring out what was there before and what has been used... but they don't give a crap about compensating....

so i chose the rollback, the lesser of two piles of crap - and when my premium runs out i will have stopped p(l)aying anyways...

every week i send in racism or harrasment screens from chat - and to be honest - i am tired of it - the vitriol in these games sometimes....

Someone said already here: it's kinda a niche game.... even though - it's a multimillion €/$ game p.a.

BUT: on peak days: 25000 players - and every other game someone black in game because he/she/it is in my blacklist already... THAT tells you a metric ton about this game...!!!

[BLUMR]
[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
165 posts
6,745 battles
28 minutes ago, Kuan_Yin said:

BUT: on peak days: 25000 players - and every other game someone black in game because he/she/it is in my blacklist already... THAT tells you a metric ton about this game...!!!

Yeah not gonna lie the difference between the playerbase in closed beta to after was instantly noticeable and there was suddenly toxicity. Though I did mostly play on the US server back then so could be a US vs EU community thing on toxicity. 

[FAM]
Players
541 posts
15,637 battles
9 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

You can try to lie again to us, but the truth is that the advertise was not clear with a obvious intention to cheat us. In addition this text is saying: "ok, players, you are not smart enough because we did fantastic Santa containers"....pfffffff

Players
100 posts
12,754 battles
2 minutes ago, Dirpitz said:

Yeah not gonna lie the difference between the playerbase in closed beta to after was instantly noticeable and there was suddenly toxicity. Though I did mostly play on the US server back then so could be a US vs EU community thing on toxicity. 

tbh - i thought US player-base was nicer than the cesspool of the EU - but as with most international games - the player-base that shares a language is likely to be more courteous than the eu ones....

I played rappelz a long time on US servers (though there we crapcakes as well) and i was top20 there and a whale...

I hope cyberpunk will be the next skyrim and the next elder scrolls will have as much playability as skyrim.... mmo's piss me off lately....

Players
45 posts
12,226 battles

they will need to roll back my account cauze i used the doublons the question is...if i keep playing now the xp money and stats i earned will roll backed too? i mean do you reccomend me to wait for the refund or i can keep playing?

• Cool 1

Players
100 posts
12,754 battles
Just now, Cpt_ZombZan_GR said:

they will need to roll back my account cauze i used the doublons the question is...if i keep playing now the xp money and stats i earned will roll backed too? i mean do you reccomend me to wait for the refund or i can keep playing?

wait after rollback - since EVERYTHING will be rolled back! they will literaly get a backup from dateX and restore that and tell you about it - and everything in between WILL BE LOST! (tehre is no incremental rollback in this Database....)

• Funny 1

Players
45 posts
12,226 battles
1 minute ago, Kuan_Yin said:

wait after rollback - since EVERYTHING will be rolled back! they will literaly get a backup from dateX and restore that and tell you about it - and everything in between WILL BE LOST! (tehre is no incremental rollback in this Database....)

yeah that is what i thought..thanks :)

[BEUN]
Weekend Tester
29 posts
7,897 battles
6 hours ago, Kuan_Yin said:

too all you legalese hunters - the EU has a law regarding games in beta and micro-transactions - i will let you google it yourself.

You tell me where it says the game is still in Beta. Nowhere on the download page, launcher, in game version, EULA, and patch/release notes this is mentioned. 

And just sticking a 0 in front of your version number does not make it Beta. Version numbers are just that, numbers.

[LION]
Players
83 posts
6,544 battles
8 saat önce, Bellegar dedi:

Because it's their f*cking screw up! They f*cked up, they should fix it in a way that does not harm their customers (i.e. scam victims) even further. 

They are the ones scamming people. And when people demand to be refunded for the scam, even the refund is another scam. 

Means;

''Sorry,we got caught while trying to f*** you but maybe next time:Smile_trollface:'''

Players
15 posts
11,726 battles

It seems to me that the reason people are understandably upset by this situation,  is the fact that the ship containers are rigged. So the way I see it if you received a ship from a container, then said ship should be removed and a total random ship container should be issued. If you didnt receive a ship then honestly you have no cause for complaint . It worries me that people will use this situation to receive a second chance , and when that fails will continue to complain , because as I understand it WG hasn't "fixed" the issue and the crates are still available to purchase. 

Beta Tester
8 posts
12,446 battles

They have been testing it hardcore becouse its a huge income for them and ofc they knew it but someone said no one will notice it...but crap happends...the even bigger mess is comming when they rolback account and when people figure something is missing and it wasnt supposed...

I also think they did it in 2018 and then make 1 year pause hoping no1 notice it....then yeeea lets go again.

I figured 4 friends deleted the game as they feel they have been scammed probably hardcore for last years...

Im expecting some penalty for wargamming in future from authorities

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
5 posts
3,446 battles

Refund booked and company reported to Norway's Consumer Protection Agency.

Merry Christmas!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[KORO]
Weekend Tester
2 posts
10,684 battles

I'm in beta and have invested a lot in the game. There are now around 150 ships in the port, including many that have been bought. Now I've got 20 of the most expensive containers again and just pulled a 5 AmiDD and a 5 Russian cruiser. I perceive this as a slap in the face from the WG to me so that I will never buy anything from them again ... I would have expected such an 8 series .... Giving it back is too tedious and stupid for me, now my investments are normal WG go (premium now and then n container) to Chirs Roberts Star Citizen .... BYE WG !!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
3,108 posts
16,596 battles
4 hours ago, Cpt_ZombZan_GR said:

i mean do you reccomend me to wait for the refund or i can keep playing?

Play for fun mate what means just go to A1 and spam I need intelligence data! and Well done! every time when a teammate dies.Even if you will become pink or orange they will rollback it :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2