You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
YabbaCoe

PSA: Santa Containers

616 comments in this topic

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
513 posts
18,063 battles
YabbaCoe said:

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

@YabbaCoe is this post suddenly appearing is says it have been written January 1 1970 ??

• Cool 2
  • Funny 17

[CATCH]
Beta Tester
308 posts
9,379 battles
YabbaCoe said:

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

So what you are saying is that no matter what premium ships I may or may not have in port, I have a chance to get any of the listed premium ships when purchasing these crates, and that the allegation of what has been referred to as a 'short list' of ships that you get one of first if you don't happen to have any of them in port is false? Then why have only certain ships been observed dropping from the actual crates?

• Cool 7

[ODIUM]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,420 battles

So I can buy 20 santa gifts now and if I got Makarov and California I can request full refund? :D

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[-MMI-]
Players
30 posts
12,355 battles
Just now, pudelosha said:

So I can buy 20 santa gifts now and if I got Makarov and California I can request full refund? :D

I would like to know this as well

Alpha Tester
1,359 posts
1,002 battles
Just now, pudelosha said:

And then you can buy more santa gifts and still you will get Makarov and California xD

• Funny 6

Beta Tester
4 posts
6,486 battles
2 minutes ago, pudelosha said:

1 minute ago, TomsonPRD said:

If you do you aint better then WG :)  Cheers!

• Cool 2

[CATCH]
Beta Tester
308 posts
9,379 battles
1 minute ago, TomsonPRD said:

As it is written, yes. But keep in mind that you only get a refund once, no repeating the process if you're unhappy with your ships, and since the system is designed so that it is far more likely that you recieve the shortlisted ships, your second crate is likely to be just as 'bad'. 

[-AP-]
Players
2,788 posts
6,724 battles

@YabbaCoe

Are we eligable for refunds of crates that are bought after this announcement? ie can a player buy crates on the 12th of december and then refund before the 13th?

• Cool 1

[SHEN]
Players
161 posts
16,095 battles
Just now, InfiniteBeer said:

In other words "We don't give a **** ;)". 

That's not true, thzy offer us a refund, it could have been worse knowing WG

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
147 posts
7,494 battles
2 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Because I hid it and scheduled it to be published in certain time... maybe that's why...

So you posted it in 1970 , hid it and sheduled the publishing for today  ?   

Let's talk real here ...you invented time travel didn't you ? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BATES]
Players
939 posts
12,253 battles
9 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

@YabbaCoe is this post suddenly appearing is says i have been written January 1 1970 ??

1/1/1970 is the standard Unix time. Nothing suspect, probably as Yabbacoe wrote the post was scheduled and picked a default date. 

About containers, as I wasn't playing in 2017 completely ignored this mechanism and thought the chance was low but not this way. Will no more buy boxes after this.

• Cool 3

Players
37 posts
5,681 battles
YabbaCoe napisał:

This is not only higher drop rate, because certain ships drop from Christmas containers and certain only from SC! You know this right? 

Moreover deleting that CRUCIAL information was nothing but for boosting the sales. This is what I call FALSE ADVERTISING.

Moreover explaining this as "deemed excessive" i a FACE SLAP to players community!!! 

Do you know who you are WG? Scammers! 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[LAWS]
Players
81 posts
6,044 battles

So admitting to false advertising? Or at least extremely dubious advertising? Still not really answered the question. Is there a certain shortlist of ships that will drop well before any of the others. What are the drop rates for all ships? 

• Cool 7

[BK_SP]
Players
12 posts
6,552 battles

Can't wait for lawyers all over the world to look at WG behaviors towards their customers after false advertising (i.e. scam) them.

Refund is not sufficient to give trust to your cutsomers (yes, players/gamers ARE customers since they are buying stuff from you), if you keep this kind of attitude toward this situation, you'll lose more money than refunding everyone and let them what they won at their port.

• Cool 11

Players
1,952 posts
3,720 battles
Proprio ora, dan_matt ha scritto:

Is there a certain shortlist of ships that will drop well before any of the others.

There always was, since 2017, but for 2018, 2019 and 2020 they didn't listed the shortlist

• Cool 1