You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shiplife

Georgia or Thunderer?

Georgia or Thunderer?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you buy?

• Georgia
    • Thunderer

36 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,094 posts
10,294 battles

Depends on how good you are. Georgia is the strongest tier 9 BB by far, but she also has a relatively high skill floor. Thunderer on the other hand is arguably the strongest BB in the game and one with a somewhat lower skill floor. If I had to pick, I'd say thunderer. If nothing else, she brings you a supercontainer each year.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

neither?

i Just did 25 k on a Georgia in two salvos with my Alabama, second and third salvo  at the start of the match

• Bad 1

Players
2,243 posts
9,121 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

neither?

i Just did 25 k on a Georgia in two salvos with my Alabama, second and third salvo  at the start of the match

In a Georgia, you would do more on a noob broadsiding Alabama...

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
47 minuti fa, Ocsimano18 ha scritto:

Yeah; technically Alabama (and Massa) are a harder to citadel, at least close range, due to the underwater citadel, but medium to far range, it's absolutely possible, a Bismarck can do it if it hits. 

Georgia has basically Iowa armour scheme, there might be some value differences, but it's pretty much the same, she even has the cheeks problem of Iowa, so as long as you maintain perfect angling it's fine, but if you show broadside, you get cit easily and my Izumo knows it, i kept citadelling Georgia showning broadside. 

Thunderer tho is easy to cit as well; it's a Conqueror hull, which means exposed citadel: stay angled, you are "fine" (i'll touch on the plating in a second), show broadside and you get wrecked.

Both ships are vulnerable to HE spam; Georgia a tiny bit less due to the 38mm deck and upper belt (which also offers you some protection against Yamato and Musashi's shells, IF you bait them to shoot the belt) while Thunderer has 32mm plting everywhere, so HE spammers just eat it for breakfast, in fact, Thunderer is technically squishier than a Conqueror, because it doesn't have the super heal. Both ships do have improved heals tho: Georgia get's the Massa heal which reloads in 40s and Thunderer get's Warspite heal.

I've always considered Georgia more of a flanker rather than a brawler, you don't really have the survivability to be brawler, you use your speed boost to reposition quickly and catch broadsides 

Oh, and never forget that Georgia has Bourgogne's speed boost (+15%, instead of the standard +8%)

To the OP @Shiplife

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I've always considered Georgia more of a flanker super cruiser rather than a brawler, you don't really have the survivability to be brawler, you use your speed boost to reposition quickly and catch broadsides

There you go.

I fixed that for you.

Yesterday i took two chunks of it's HP and Georgia wasn't even broadsiding. Our flank stayed and fought and it ended up repositioning somewhere else.

IMO Georgia traded a lot of tankiness to be a 40 knots flanker  and you will eat a lot of damage regardless.

I'm not saying with this Georgia had to be a brawler, but could have some other attributes that could allow it to tank a little more, beyond the speed boost. 

Thunderer, it's also, a squishy BB, the major selling point it's his accuracy, but how good this will be for you (you as in general you) ? Is a detail to ponder on.

to a guy that doesn't have the aim on point, this accuracy will not be that good  for him.

And i heard it can be very dull experience to play it.

2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Not yesterday.

The last two days weren't great, there's way too many BBs in MM, perhaps due to Christmas vacations? I don't know.

But yesterday when i finally went for BBs instead of Bayern i picked Alabama to do a few games.

While not having great games i had good games in it, exciting games.

Not only I finished with a smile on my face but also a reminder of the great buy i did when i bought Bama.

Georgia and Thunderer are not the only ones that going to be recalled, my eyes are set in something else now.

The Lucky "A" it's not a bad ship to be in. To brawl with.

But if one wants a T9, certainly, there will be better choices than Georgia or Thunderer or Pommern, right? 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,243 posts
9,121 battles
40 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Not only I finished with a smile on my face but also a reminder of the great buy i did when i bought Bama.

I happened to open the Bama form an SC. I have consistently more luck with the NC. Yeah, that sigma.

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
308 posts
10,455 battles
18 hours ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Depends on how good you are. Georgia is the strongest tier 9 BB by far, but she also has a relatively high skill floor. Thunderer on the other hand is arguably the strongest BB in the game and one with a somewhat lower skill floor. If I had to pick, I'd say thunderer. If nothing else, she brings you a supercontainer each year.

I'd argue that Musashi is still the strongest T9 BB. Georgia is much more fun tho.

Absolutely agree on Thunderer. I thought that Slava would take the top place, but nope, Thunderer is still and by far the strongest mid to long range BB in the game. The only ship that effectively counters it at range is Yamato, but boi, you gotta know how to aim as Thundy has that sweet rudder shift.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I happened to open the Bama form an SC. I have consistently more luck with the NC. Yeah, that sigma.

yeah, NC has slightly better sigma and AA but with Bama you can do more things with it. (from what i heard and from what i've seen).

All i can say is Bama is a good all around ship and i'm so happy with what i get from it.

you should had see me yesterday, island of ice, in the cap with the dds , sunk a Balti 11 km away, hurt a kansas, citadeled a Nagato, torps swimming around, moved on to the next cap... in that game i was unstoppable.

• Cool 1