Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arttuperkunas

Emblem for damage farming - "average of 100 battles"?

11 comments in this topic

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles

Hey!

I have a question about the BB-Elite Forces emblem, which requires an average of 108k damage during the last 100 matches, and it only counts tier 10 BB matches. I've been, um, damage farming a bit lately, and here are my games for the last 21 days (or the tier 8-10 ones anyway): (from Wowsnumbers)

image.thumb.png.5ffb6c7cbe519e4219b56f550011d378.png

Now according to this, the only tier 10 bb I've played has been the Yamato, and I have averaged over 108k damage (nevermind the 1 games, it was like this already at 100 games) in 100 games. I wonder why my emblem counter in game says the average damage is like 102,5k or something? Is there some problem with the data retrieved from wowsnumbers, like could it be missing some games?

[IDDQD]
Players
779 posts
16,105 battles

it does not matter if it last 21 days. Its your last 100 games in T10 BB. But it might as well be broken and it just counts your average or it did not update properly since you are on the edge of the 100 mark

Just keep going and ignore it and it will pop eventually. If you get desperate, grab Thunderer or CQ and spam HE to finish it off.

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles
3 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

it does not matter if it last 21 days. Its your last 100 games in T10 BB. But it might as well be broken and it just counts your average or it did not update properly since you are on the edge of the 100 mark

Just keep going and ignore it and it will pop eventually. If you get desperate, grab Thunderer or CQ and spam HE to finish it off.

I took the last 21 days because that was the period for which I have a 100 T10 BB games. If I had taken a longer period then there would have been over 100 games, and it would no longer reflect the average of 100 games that the emblem requires.

It does seem to be broken, I suspect it takes an overall average. I don't have that many games in T10 BBs overall, and they have been lower damage games (but not significantly lower) before, so this would fit with there being no actual "average of 100 games" check involved. For clarity, I have probably around 150 T10 BB games overall, so I'm not really on the edge of the 100 game mark.

Unfortunately I don't have the coal for the thunder. That would have been my first port of call for reckless and antisocial damage farming :P.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,302 posts
22,260 battles

It could be possible that without your first of the 101 matches played which is no longer counted by the system your average falls below 108k.

You can actually check on the emblem what your current score is I believe.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
779 posts
16,105 battles
6 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

I took the last 21 days because that was the period for which I have a 100 T10 BB games. If I had taken a longer period then there would have been over 100 games, and it would no longer reflect the average of 100 games that the emblem requires.

It does seem to be broken, I suspect it takes an overall average. I don't have that many games in T10 BBs overall, and they have been lower damage games (but not significantly lower) before, so this would fit with there being no actual "average of 100 games" check involved.

Unfortunately I don't have the coal for the thunder. That would have been my first port of call for reckless and antisocial damage farming :P.

considering you have <200 games in T10 BBs you are doing decent with 102k average. Just keep going and in a month you will sit at 120k, Yamato is great, especially vs the new US BBs spam now. Every game you fail the milestone, try to think what went wrong. It is just a matter of time when you are not a monkey tbh

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles
11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It could be possible that without your first of the 101 matches played which is no longer counted by the system your average falls below 108k.

You can actually check on the emblem what your current score is I believe.

This is not the case, I also checked at 100, and it was over 108k. Oh well.

The reason why I am eager for this grind to end is that it's a bit stressful to focus so much on damage and IMO not always optimal for gameplay (i.e. prioritising useless idiot GK at 20 km that gives you ez broadside 25k damage over more dangerous and game winning des moines sitting angled at 15 km).

I know I probably should just let the emblem come when it does through normal gameplay, but we all have these arbitrary goals we play towards, and this one is currently mine.

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles
56 minutes ago, PaP_Mentoles said:

I completed the "task" easy using Yamato & Thunderer :cap_rambo:

Yamato is pretty good at damage farming in current tier 10 meta. Amazing range, amazing accuracy, good survivability (at longish ranges), and the ability to blap bowtankers (except for [edited] soviet BB/cruiser armor).

I gotta tell you, the Jean Bart Bs have been a godsend for my average damage counter :P.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,889 battles

Send a ticket to support. I was around 130k after 100 battles and did't get the emblem too. After sending a ticket with some screenshots they solved it.

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles
45 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

Send a ticket to support. I was around 130k after 100 battles and did't get the emblem too. After sending a ticket with some screenshots they solved it.

Ok, thanks for the info, I'll try that.

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles

Finally got it now, yay! Took me quite a bit of grinding (and ticket was not successful). By my calculation, I had an average damage of around 120k in the last 100 BB T10 games, so the in game calculator for the emblem does appear to be quite broken.

Anyway, not gonna touch the Yamato for a while now, bit of an overdose :).

Sign in to follow this