Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bobsen

WG reality check

45 comments in this topic

[PST]
Players
5 posts
5,348 battles

WG is WG. After all that has happened, they stay the same regardless of what we complain about. Its a business to make a profit, and they do that very well. They are not so concerned about the guy who has already bought 300 ships, but rather the "new" customer that will increase their revenues. That's why the push (and incentives) to recruit new players. The numbers don't lie, their base is eroding based on their own practices. So play for fun and forget everything else because WG sure as crap isn't gonna change. Why should they?

Tell me I am wrong.

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
8,928 posts
1 minute ago, Bobsen said:

WG is WG. After all that has happened, they stay the same regardless of what we complain about. Its a business to make a profit, and they do that very well. They are not so concerned about the guy who has already bought 300 ships, but rather the "new" customer that will increase their revenues. That's why the push (and incentives) to recruit new players. The numbers don't lie, their base is eroding based on their own practices. So play for fun and forget everything else because WG sure as crap isn't gonna change. Why should they?

Tell me I am wrong.

A company putting their revenue before everything else? Well I ll be darned...

Players
5,427 posts
2 minutes ago, Bobsen said:

Tell me I am wrong.

Sensible. Do remember that when you engage with he game you are exposing yourself to military grade manipulation, so make sure you're self control is up to par ^^

• Cool 1

[2PTS]
Players
391 posts
11,281 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

A company putting their revenue before everything else? Well I ll be darned...

Not entirely wrong, but you can't produce revenue when you have unhappy customers and play scums.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,633 posts
13,957 battles
1 minute ago, PaP_Mentoles said:

Not entirely wrong, but you can't produce revenue when you have unhappy customers and play scums.

The Forum and Reddit do not paint an adequate picture of Customer Satisfaction sadly.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
8,928 posts
1 minute ago, DasTongle said:

The Forum and Reddit do not paint an adequate picture of Customer Satisfaction sadly.

This, besides not like one doesnt get other ships form the crates...

Players
2,979 posts
35,049 battles
11 minutes ago, PaP_Mentoles said:

Owner became a billionaire and has 1750 people working for him. He can lock down the shop (or only WoWs) and turn off the servers tomorrow and care less about the revenue if he wants.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles
19 minutes ago, Bobsen said:

Tell me I am wrong.

What numbers do you mean?

• Boring 2

[PST]
Players
5 posts
5,348 battles
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What numbers do you mean?

https://steamcharts.com/app/552990

https://www.githyp.com/world-of-warships-104686/?tab=player-count

I am not a statistician, nor do I pretend to be, but you can clearly see a see saw effect in the player base. I play for fun and when it no longer is fun, I will play something else. 

[MUMMY]
Players
768 posts
10,965 battles
39 minutes ago, DasTongle said:

Twitch chat did on the weekend, unfortunately WG could not deal with their satisfaction and level of positive feedback so banned most of them :cap_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
2,309 posts
16,394 battles
10 minutes ago, Bobsen said:

I am not a statistician, nor do I pretend to be, but you can clearly see a see saw effect in the player base. I play for fun and when it no longer is fun, I will play something else. 

This looks like steam only players though. 

In any case, player numbers according to this gradually kept rising, until Covid where it peaked in the middle of lockdowns everywhere(no real surprise there) after which it's begun to normalise again but remains higher than before Covid. 

It's eventually going to fall some more but not to pre-covid levels of low imo, or at least not below that, in the near future. 

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles
10 minutes ago, Bobsen said:

Steam players are only a small part of the playerbase.

Here are all:

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/

We have more players in 2020 than in 2019.

[IDDQD]
Players
779 posts
16,105 battles
1 hour ago, Bobsen said:

Tell me I am wrong.

Yes, they are a business to make profit. Just like the funeral company wont give a crap about you when you die, they will just grab the cash from your grieving family and put you under. Damn scums.

WG is actually rather (surprisingly) friendly when it comes to their monetization model as it is all focused around premiums and not much about regular gameplay. Yea you can reset captains or FXP the lines, but that's more of an convenience thing not a must.

For a standard customer premium ships are just a mean to generate credits faster and WG is giving out plenty of those for coal/steel. And all you need it 1-2  T8 or T9 premiums and you are set. You want more cool premiums? You pay for it whatever WG is asking... or you don't, because you don't NEED, you just WANT.

All dem ppl wanna be rich, cool and handsome ... so they sit watchin TV 24/7 complaining how it is unfair they are not

• Funny 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,528 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Steam players are only a small part of the playerbase.

Here are all:

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/

We have more players in 2020 than in 2019.

Quite interesting, although on the flipside I have four accounts, 3 of which are ununsed and my two daughters accounts are also unused. My bet is there are more like me so I have to wonder how accurate any of the stats are. I would guess not very at all.

[ROUGH]
Players
4,726 posts
13,689 battles
8 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Quite interesting, although on the flipside I have four accounts, 3 of which are ununsed and my two daughters accounts are also unused. My bet is there are more like me so I have to wonder how accurate any of the stats are. I would guess not very at all.

The inactive accounts aren't being counted. If they were those numbers would be exploding to 100k+

Players
12 posts
1,892 battles

This company has an entire management team that has been born with chromosome 21. I can't name one company that is as incompetent as this one. I just stay free to play enjoy the time and amuse myself with the absolute dumpster trash that comes out these different departements. Keep it up wargaming, show us the collective strenght of the monkey management. Many apes strong!!!

Cheers!!!

• Funny 3

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles
2 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

The site counts only players on the server.

When you count accounts, you will see a s steady climb as accounts are rarely removed. WoWs has a couple million accounts worldwide. In 2019 WG counted around million of these accounts as active (whatever that means).

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
2,233 posts
16,237 battles
1 hour ago, PaP_Mentoles said:

Oh yes you can.

Ever had that experience on vacation, when you get something to eat at a tourist spot. It is usually crap. Why? They are not dependent on repeat business.

Same with governments in resource rich countries. They are often corrupt. Why? They earn the dollars from oil or diamonds whatever they do or don't.

WG earns good money even when they behave badly. Why change? Pass the vodka and caviar, comrade, don't worry about the piss ants that play your game :cap_cool:

• Funny 2

Players
867 posts
11,120 battles

11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The site counts only players on the server.

When you count accounts, you will see a s steady climb as accounts are rarely removed. WoWs has a couple million accounts worldwide. In 2019 WG counted around million of these accounts as active (whatever that means).

Colonel Giuliani misinformation stream is in full flow again as usual...  a tiny fraction of those accounts are active.

Hes showing you total accounts ever and thinking they are mostly still active, its kinda cute in a way, the level of idolisation.

• Funny 2

Players
3,057 posts
44 minutes ago, Bobsen said:

They deserve it for developing a very unbalanced game only to win money. There are other ways to do things and keep people more or less happy.

[ROUGH]
Players
4,726 posts
13,689 battles
Just now, Starchy_Tuber said:

Colonel Giuliani misinformation stream is in full flow again as usual...

Sorry dude but his information is true. 

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles

Colonel Giuliani misinformation stream is in full flow again as usual...

What do you think is wrong and why? Otherwise it is just hot air (as usual).

• Bad 1

Players
867 posts
11,120 battles
3 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Sorry dude but his information is true. 

yeah, nope.

the vast majority of those accounts are defunct... dead, gone, unused.

Just look at active server numbers then compare to total accounts, its very simple.

3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What do you think is wrong and why? Otherwise it is just hot air (as usual).

Odd that I was right last time on this and nothing has changed though....

If you want something to REALLY chew over, just consider that there are VASTLY higher number of ex-WoWs players than current WoWs players.... vastly more.

Churn-rate is a [edited] eh and it gets worse when you regularly crap on your player base.

• Cool 1

[ROUGH]
Players
4,726 posts
13,689 battles

yeah, nope.

the vast majority of those accounts are defunct... dead, gone, unused.

Just look at active server numbers then compare to total accounts, its very simple.

Dude that's literally what he said

• Boring 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles
2 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Odd that I was right last time on this and nothing has changed though....

Another empty sentence. Just write what you think is wrong and why. It just looks like you have no clue what you are talking about.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this