You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Poll: What will you do after the SantaGate?

Will you change your spending habits?  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As a direct consequence of the Santa crate rigging

• I’ll remain free to play, as I was recently.
    • I wont spend any more and will become free to play.
    • I won’t change my spending habits
    • I’ll not spend on santa crates, but my other spendings will remain
    • I’ll spend less in general
  2. 2. As a direct consequence of the Santa gate

• I’ll stop playing the game
    • I’ll play less
    • I’ll play as before

78 comments in this topic

Players
2,654 posts
10,353 battles

Will you change your gaming/spending habits in WOWS, as a consequence of the SantaGate?

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles

Hm, spending less, playing less and looking forward for the next WG-made disaster.

• Funny 5

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,788 posts

I voted on "I'll play as before" for question 2. That's true, but I might have to explain that I'm hardly playing at all since the beginning of this year. I mostly play for 1 or 2 weeks a few games per day during an event until I get bored and/or frustrated and leave the game for 2 or 3 months. 

I never could have gotten myself to uninstall the game. Yet...

First question was remaining free to play. I haven't bought anything for at least 2 years now, and I like that. I still like the game (sort of), but I don't like what WG is doing to it. 

• Cool 5

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

The two things that will determine whether I keep playing the game or not are the captain skill rework and whether or not WG decide to go through with submarines.

Right now it's looking like the game has only a couple of months left of life.

• Cool 7

[TRID]
Players
321 posts
5,791 battles
2 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

I voted on "I'll play as before" for question 2. That's true, but I might have to explain that I'm hardly playing at all since the beginning of this year. I mostly play for 1 or 2 weeks a few games per day during an event until I get bored and/or frustrated and leave the game for 2 or 3 months. 

I never could have gotten myself to uninstall the game. Yet...

First question was remaining free to play. I haven't bought anything for at least 2 years now, and I like that. I still like the game (sort of), but I don't like what WG is doing to it. 

I'm similar, not really played randoms since CV rework. Play now and then in OPs or Co-op, but the game I enjoyed in years past has changed for the worse.

Voted spending won't change but won't buy crates, and I'll play as before i.e. see above.

• Cool 4

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,788 posts
6 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

but the game I enjoyed in years past has changed for the worse

I fully realise it's a massive sunken cost fallacy, but I just can't bring my heart to stopping/uninstalling. Doesn't help that there isn't really an alternative game like this, though I've been moving to other games. 

I joined this game in March 2015 when it got into Closed Beta. :cap_old:

I've played this game for nearly 6 years (when writing it like that, black on white, I really feel old :Smile_teethhappy:), and after such a long time you don't just stop easily (well at least I don't), even though as you said, they keep changing it for the worst. Sometimes I wonder whether submarines will be the final straw... I want them to be, but they probably won't :Smile-_tongue: 

I still honestly enjoy playing this game. Once in a while

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,941 posts
16,791 battles

My spending habits will probably remain much as they were, *but* I'm one of the few for whom the Xmas crates work well, and my general spend overall is lower than it was anyway (I got about 2/3 the crates for money that I did last year).

This crates business won't change how I play either, as it doesn't touch the gameplay (using the word generously at times, including my own!). Things like subs and the captain rework may or may not mess up my playing, but they aren't connected to the crates fiasco.

What will change is the advice I give people, especially newcomers! Assuming WG continue to be Richards about this (apparently they'll be bugging the Devs on Monday), I will urge anyone who doesn't have a port like mine to avoid Xmas boxes like the plague (unless they actively want whatever is on the short list - to be fair, some of the options were quite good IMO)

• Cool 4

Players
2 posts

Bought 5 mega bundles and got ships i would never spend a dime on. Last bundle did not even contain any ship. The 8 mega bundle i bought for dubloons contained none neither.

I dont think any rares was even in the loot table, if they were the droprate is so low it is like winning the euro lottery.

First time buying these crates and the last. Not spending anymore money on this game, i don't apreciate being pissed on without having the courtecy to call it rain. If WG base their financial gains on short term cashgrabs i rather spend my money elsewhere <3

The Black Friday event was best way to do it. Buy the ship you want instead of the gamble crates.

• Bad 1

Players
58 posts
7,558 battles

I was resisted the temptation to buy anything for Black Friday and was likewise resisting the temptation to buy any Christmas creates and the shortlist scandal helps that.

I actually did rather well last year when I caved, got some and got Le Terrible, a ship I wouldn't buy but really enjoy. However I am unconvinced lightning will strike twice. (I also should finally grind the British DD line...)

I'll likely buy premium time and a few doubloons.

I *might* buy a premium ship/complete dockyard events/perma camo on a tier 10 but actually have more ships that I can regularly play.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
735 posts
28,973 battles

Less spending in general, less playing also - but not because of the Santa crates, it's because of the match and player quality. I wanna start the game with a good feeling, knowing the time I'm investing is a good one - a quality time. But since months this feeling isn't really existing anymore, it's mostly the expectation of the usual onesided games, followed by another one etc etc. Like today - started the stream, more than 200 viewers, after 6 games with 4 awful defeats I quit the stream. Normally I would play 4-5 hours, but I barely reach this numbers anymore. Because I have the feeling I'm wasting my time with this matches. It's sad because the basic game is good, but it went in a wrong direction. 

• Cool 10

[PHL]
Beta Tester
389 posts
22,912 battles
54 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

My spending habits will probably remain much as they were, *but* I'm one of the few for whom the Xmas crates work well, and my general spend overall is lower than it was anyway (I got about 2/3 the crates for money that I did last year).

This crates business won't change how I play either, as it doesn't touch the gameplay (using the word generously at times, including my own!). Things like subs and the captain rework may or may not mess up my playing, but they aren't connected to the crates fiasco.

What will change is the advice I give people, especially newcomers! Assuming WG continue to be Richards about this (apparently they'll be bugging the Devs on Monday), I will urge anyone who doesn't have a port like mine to avoid Xmas boxes like the plague (unless they actively want whatever is on the short list - to be fair, some of the options were quite good IMO)

+1 to everything!

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,535 battles

Ill play the same then take breaks when needed , I never buy crates as the rare so called ships have been power creeped and the CV rework had made some not as effective , If I want a ship ill just buy it rather than waste money on crates.

Overall i will spend less not that i spend a lot anyway.

• Boring 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

Had problems answering, considering that I don't spend much anyway and I tend to not buy crates - I went through the Black Friday crate track (not sure if I'm happy with that, though) and other than that, the only major crate purchases of mine were the Azure Lane crates with guaranteed weebtain (still was gambling, though, considering that some of them I didn't really want and there was the option of duplicates as well).

So for me "not buying santa crates" and "not changing spending habits" were pretty much the same. Decided on the former, but the chance of me purchasing any oscilated around 1% even before that :Smile-_tongue:

Players
61 posts
8,004 battles

Honestly, my spending on WoWs came to an end quite some time ago and my hours spent in game have been on a downswing for some time, but SantaGate has still accelerated it some what. 

Ultimately all this has done is confirm what has been known about WG for some time: as a company,  WG is scummy

• Cool 2

Players
3,281 posts
24,910 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Uglesett sagte:

Right now it's looking like the game has only a couple of months left of life.

Why? Has there been any kind of downward trend in the server population?

Afaik that is the only valid metric we have on the state of WoWs financial viability, which in turn is the only factor deciding whether it lives or dies. In the end.

Sentiment on the forum does not come into it, nor any kind of real or fake outrage on the social media.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

First of all

i'm not a big spender 

second

I don't buy crates...and i never did

I prefer to buy what i want and not an unknown thing 

So, this all thing miss me by a mile, i'm just an spectator, my spending habits won't change nor how much do i play.

That doesn't mean i'm not solidary with the people that got scammed (some of them several times now :Smile_hiding: ) or not worried how things are turning out to be.

But came on, people, every year is this type of threads just after the black Friday ones, it's like clockwork from swiss.

Let's say you want a Belfast, you pay for this crates in hopes of a Belfast that is in the list of the ships that will come out.

Let's forget the fact that you will most probably get Belfast when you have a lot of premiums.

Do you know how many Belfast WG is willing to give in each of this crates events?

You don't.

Perhaps they don't want to give none in this event or the next or ever.

Or they give 2 or 3 through out the servers and call it a day.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,928 posts

Well I already decided few months back that I will spend some cash for Cristmas stuff and then stop most/all spending until further notice, cap skills are not something that troubles me really but subs are and I dont intend to spend much if anything untill we know whats the deal with them...

I will prob play as I did before of late and thats much less then before...

[_KMG_]
Players
94 posts
5,090 battles

As a new player coming from other game, the crates fiasco accelerates me a bit, but i was ultra lucky with black friday without spending on more than 10 containers. With that been said, i care more of the commander rework system than the crates tbh.

Other than that, i 'll be very careful when it comes to real money on the game..

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
3 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Why? Has there been any kind of downward trend in the server population?

I'm talking about myself.

Beta Tester
288 posts
6,940 battles

I decided to not buy any boxes (or spend money in general on the game) before this disaster. Nothing i see from 2020 gives me hope that stuff will move in a better direction in 2021 - so i will not reward them with money for this.

I will probably knock off the Snowflakes and then return to not playing the game at all. I might have actually gone for the Hizen, but the fact that even if i get all the missions done (and we all know that they will throw in a few roadblocks) i still have to put close to 30€s in really discourages me from doing so.

[CLADS]
Players
226 posts
5,714 battles

Where are the options "I will play more!" and "I will spend a LOT more!"??? RIGGED POLL!!!

Anyway, I realised that I don't really want to give WG any money already the first time they came out with the "gamble for OP ships we removed from shop!" concept (how many years ago that was even?). Since then I haven't seen anything that would have made me reconsider that decision. The game works fine in scratching my occasional warship itch even without paying a dime.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,846 battles

Spending less is quite hard when you haven't been paying for the game for years now... :D

• Funny 1