Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vlad_stolichnaya

Failed Verizon Stream

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
18 posts
11,609 battles

WHY have you made such a failier on this charity stream the chat is going stupid on the twitch channel with deleated messages why ?

because you advertised a santas gift container and a normal Twitch container is dropping instead!

 

Your solution of getting mods to delete any complaining post in the stream chat is just souring the whole event

i do beleive this error means your publicity was actualy false advertising and ppl are quite rightly upset by this

 

pls ppl if you have had these problems what is your opinion on this

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,022 posts
34 minutes ago, Vlad_stolichnaya said:

because you advertised a santas gift container and a normal Twitch container is dropping instead! 

this was NOT the reason for the annoying spam (which began even before the matches started)...and of course the advertised special drop was not a normal Twitch container, but a santa box and the flag. If you received a normal Twitch container, than it was the normal drop and you did not receive the special drop (for whatever reason)...

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles
47 minutes ago, Vlad_stolichnaya said:

WHY have you made such a failier on this charity stream the chat is going stupid on the twitch channel with deleated messages why ?

because you advertised a santas gift container and a normal Twitch container is dropping instead!

 

Your solution of getting mods to delete any complaining post in the stream chat is just souring the whole event

i do beleive this error means your publicity was actualy false advertising and ppl are quite rightly upset by this

 

pls ppl if you have had these problems what is your opinion on this

So it would have been better to discuss the santa crates during the stream and make them the main topic?

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
18 posts
11,609 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

So it would have been better to discuss the santa crates during the stream and make them the main topic?

unfortunatly trying to discuss this during the stream just got a comment deleated by moderator

and frankly the sour chat was not deserved by the contest organisers and sponsors

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles
1 minute ago, Vlad_stolichnaya said:

unfortunatly trying to discuss this during the stream just got a comment deleated by moderator

I know that.

I wanted to know if you think it would have been better discuss the matter at length during the tournament?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
18 posts
11,609 battles
23 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

..and of course the advertised special drop was not a normal Twitch container, but a santa box and the flag. If you received a normal Twitch container, than it was the normal drop and you did not receive the special drop (for whatever reason)...

agread but the fact that i got the twitch drop shows i was logged in for long enough and had my acount linked to twitch account i whispered with others in stream and was not the only one with this issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
18 posts
11,609 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I know that.

I wanted to know if you think it would have been better discuss the matter at length during the tournament?

 I think the ...... and frankly the sour chat was not deserved by the contest organisers and sponsors.........comment i made has already stated my opinion on this

however the whole thing could have made a nicer stream if WG and or Twitch had maybe acknowledged the problems instead of just sticking there heads in the sand and trying to censor all comments out of chat a small statement of apology to calm things down was in order


 
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles
1 minute ago, Vlad_stolichnaya said:

 I think the ...... and frankly the sour chat was not deserved by the contest organisers and sponsors.........

I think so too.

1 minute ago, Vlad_stolichnaya said:

however the whole thing could have made a nicer stream if WG and or Twitch had maybe acknowledged the problems instead of just sticking there heads in the sand and trying to censor all comments out of chat a small statement of apology to calm things down was in order

I have doubts that it would have stopped, if WG had just acknowledged the problem, but did not offer a solution, because they already did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles

On twitter or somewhere else. They will address the issue on Monday, as the people who have something to say, are on weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
[CHEFT]
Players
1,460 posts
28,376 battles

Didn't get get any containers, as usual, and the lack of communication on the failed santas' container thing is really sad from WG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RNR-]
Players
1,586 posts

Just my opinion but probably  it would be better to let the Charity fund raising happen and sort things after, The Charity shouldn't be punished for WG's  "Error"  (How polite was that) as I said just my opinion.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
507 posts
8,256 battles
8 hours ago, Maris_Piper said:

Just my opinion but probably  it would be better to let the Charity fund raising happen and sort things after, The Charity shouldn't be punished for WG's  "Error"  (How polite was that) as I said just my opinion.

I can understand and appreciate this stance. Absolutely WG needs to talk to their community but in the middle of a tourney and charity event stream really isn't the place. It absolutely cannot be ignored but the means by which it is addressed needs to be done carefully and in a constructive manner. Perhaps a brief acknowledgement may have calmed things just to let people know it was going to be addressed but by no means should this derail the entire event including the chat room.

 

Also bear in mind how frustrating it must be for the casters to see nothing but spam and the souring of the mood on a matter not directly related to the event in a way they can tangible effect/control, it makes their job far tougher than it need be and it isn't their fault, directing your frustrations at them isn't going to help. Given the situation, they have worked hard and done a good job given the difficult circumstances.

 

Be patient and talk to WG with respect via the right methods. If they care they will respond in a respectful manner and put this right. If once they have had a chance to address you don't agree with their course of action the simple answer is don't make any purchases for a while. Your actions and words have power and part of this is how you choose to spend your money.

 

The main takeaway from here though; be patient, communicate clearly and politely, vote with your playtime and wallet if you are not satisfied with the outcome once they have had time to address it, don't be rash.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×