Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Better start whaling now bois...

32 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles

In all the fuss about the scammy practice with the shortlist premiums, nobody seems to mention this line:

"It's important to point out that next year, ships IV Imperator Nikolai I, V Gremyashchy, V Fūjin, V Giulio Cesare, and V Kamikaze will not be included in Santa's containers. Don't miss your chance to get rare Premium ships!"

Better start whaling now fellas, next year you'll be sh*t out of luck!

Sooo, either:

• WG will remove them temporarely from the xmas crates and introduce them in two years again to ensure that people buy crates
  • WG found a way to monetize ultra rare premiums (stuff of nightmares)
  • WG will wait half a year and introduce them back as normal premiums which would p*ss people off who may or may not have spend hundreds of euros on this years lootboxes just to get them.

Luckily, i have all of 'em on my main account, so it doesn't bother me...much (it'd be nice to have them on my main-alt account tho...).

So, do you have them? Do you want them? What's your opinion?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
18 posts
1,724 battles

I fixed it for you  :

"It's important to point out that next year, other ships  < snip >  will  be included in Santa's containers.

Don't worry, dont hurry ,  plenty of other Premium ships to spend money on!"

:cap_cool:

Nothing special, just another "sales pitch".

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,268 battles

That's because next year, they'll be called Santa's Presents.

You just gotta read the fine print so you don't get scammed.

/s

• Funny 5

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
11 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG will wait half a year and introduce them back as normal premiums which would p*ss people off who may or may not have spend hundreds of euros on this years lootboxes just to get them.

I wouldnt actually be surprised if it would be this one :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,535 battles
27 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

IV Imperator Nikolai

With its whopping 9 AA defence well that's 9 better than the Arkansas B  totally worth it.

And Kami every CVs wet dream.

• Cool 1

Players
2,588 posts
41 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Luckily, i have all of 'em on my main account (...)

I don't and couldn't care less. Never seen much of a point in collecting pixels... :Smile_veryhappy:

BTW if one owns Fujin and spends money on the lottery to get Kamikaze - well, it qualifies for a therapy... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,873 battles

IV Imperator Nikolai I - Not that strong anymore. CVs just take a dump on it. Slow, huge citadel. Don't even play it... Not worth whaling.

V Gremyashchy - Got nerfed to the ground with the invisifire change. Nothing special now. Not worth whaling.

V Fūjin - Nice little ship but not that stron since the CV change. Not worth whaling

V Giulio Cesare - Good little ship. Maybe worth it until the other pasta arrives.

V Kamikaze  - Same as Fujin.

BTW believe them as much as:

- There won't be subs.

- There won't be Prem ships over T8.

- We understood you don't want NTC.

- CV Reeeework is a success and fine.

- Stalingrad is balanced.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
2,588 posts
3 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

- There won't be subs.

Forgot about removal of popular ships like Jean Bart and gun caliber bigger then 460mm... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,924 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

V Gremyashchy - Got nerfed to the ground with the invisifire change. Nothing special now. Not worth whaling. 

Recent stats tell a different story.

Gremlin is still a good boat to club people with.

Signed

A Gremlin owner.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,873 battles
17 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Recent stats tell a different story.

Gremlin is still a good boat to club people with.

Signed

A Gremlin owner.

I am not saying it is a bad ship. I am just saying it is not worth the whailing. Unlike for example a Smolensk.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,788 posts
2 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

IV Imperator Nikolai I - Not that strong anymore. CVs just take a dump on it. Slow, huge citadel. Don't even play it... Not worth whaling.

V Fūjin - Nice little ship but not that stron since the CV change. Not worth whaling

V Giulio Cesare - Good little ship. Maybe worth it until the other pasta arrives.

V Kamikaze  - Same as Fujin.

- There won't be subs.

2 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Forgot about removal of popular ships like Jean Bart and gun caliber bigger then 460mm... :Smile_veryhappy:

Also forgot "we'll learn from GNB suprer secret surprise reward communication fail". Or basically every communication fail after which they said that :cap_fainting:

- Grand Naval Battles

- Clash of Elements

- Santa Shaft

- Aimbot using supertester still being in supertest

- Pay to Rico

- probably much more where I have to spend more than a minute to think

• Cool 2

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
5 hours ago, MacFergus said:

With its whopping 9 AA defence well that's 9 better than the Arkansas B  totally worth it.

And Kami every CVs wet dream.

Indeed. When you play the Nikolai and press “O” the guy on deck with a pistol is given a clip of bullets.

Rubber ones.

Ofc all that is forgiven when you get to turn it’s guns on two Hoshos that failed to move after their flank had collapsed, and you just blap them both off the map. It’s the simple pleasures...

Luckily I’ve got all the rares so I really don’t care if they’re never available again - but with WG “never” doesn’t necessarily mean never.

Still plenty of ships to entice people to buy lootboxes tho - Missouri, Kronshtadt,  Benham, Alaska, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they started putting t10’s such as PR, Smolensk, Smaland etc in those as well.

• Funny 2

Players
3,285 posts
24,956 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Jethro_Grey sagte:

I have all but Gremy and Belfast.

I used to want them, or at least some of them, very badly for a long time and literally bought several hundred Satan crates to get them.

Then WG turned them into fertilizer with the CV rework.

What can I say?

Look at muh signature.

Do it every day.

Do not give WG any money. They'll just blow it on more scams.

• Cool 1

Players
3,285 posts
24,956 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Skyllon sagte:

BTW if one owns Fujin and spends money on the lottery to get Kamikaze - well, it qualifies for a therapy... :Smile_trollface:

What about owning Fujin, spending more money on the lottery to get Belfast but getting Kamikaze and Nikolai instead?

Spoiler

A more fitting subject line would be "Time to start errr, re-monetizing your account!"

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,267 battles
15 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG will remove them temporarely from the xmas crates and introduce them in two years again to ensure that people buy crates

I think this one is the most possible scenarios. WG wants to have some back-up.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,873 battles
7 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

What about owning Fujin, spending more money on the lottery to get Belfast but getting Kamikaze and Nikolai instead?

Hide contents

A more fitting subject line would be "Time to start errr, re-monetizing your account!"

Can't wait for Fujin B and Kamikaze B. :P

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
8,955 posts
10 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

and I wouldn’t be surprised if they started putting t10’s such as PR, Smolensk, Smaland etc in those as well.

Oh I think thats a given, prob next year when there are 3-4 T10 to dangle in front...

On other notion I got a Flint from a SC drop just this morning so I guess I only lack Neustrashmiwhatever from the steel->coal pile, however I guess I need a T10 DD more then another T9 so Marceau will likely be my next pick, just dont know should I wait for the coupon in 2 weeks or save that for the Plymuth...

• Cool 1

Players
2,588 posts
11 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Can't wait for Fujin B and Kamikaze B. :P

With special mission for Fujin and Kamikaze of course.

• Cool 1

Players
2,588 posts
8 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

What about playing Fujin or any other ship for that matter, that you already own and like, and save money on something guranteed instead of on the evanescent mirage?

This is a video game, not a stockbook for rare collectors edition 1800s stamps...

Weekend Tester
38 posts
16 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

In all the fuss about the scammy practice with the shortlist premiums, nobody seems to mention this line:

"It's important to point out that next year, ships IV Imperator Nikolai I, V Gremyashchy, V Fūjin, V Giulio Cesare, and V Kamikaze will not be included in Santa's containers. Don't miss your chance to get rare Premium ships!"

Better start whaling now fellas, next year you'll be sh*t out of luck!

Sooo, either:

• WG will remove them temporarely from the xmas crates and introduce them in two years again to ensure that people buy crates
  • WG found a way to monetize ultra rare premiums (stuff of nightmares)
  • WG will wait half a year and introduce them back as normal premiums which would p*ss people off who may or may not have spend hundreds of euros on this years lootboxes just to get them.

Luckily, i have all of 'em on my main account, so it doesn't bother me...much (it'd be nice to have them on my main-alt account tho...).

0 flying flamingos given for tier IV. Who the F plays tier IV?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Smile_facepalm:

Players
2,588 posts
7 minutes ago, _Geronimmo_ said:

0 flying flamingos given for tier IV. Who the F plays tier IV?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Smile_facepalm:

I agree. TIV sucks balls. Real fun starts with TIII!

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this