Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Wargaming, I think you should edit "Free to Play"

13 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
1,254 posts
42,898 battles

You need to change it to "Greed is good, Greed Works" cuz the first title is very deceptive. I've never seen a gaming company does that what you do with these "Santa Containers" & other stuff. I didn't spend money on this crap but I'm really shocked how gaming companies nowadays follow the policy of adding "Gambling Factor" & micro transactions to make you spend a lot of money on just one game! Seriously WG you need a big sponsor for your "F2P" game cuz as a gamer  I like to play the "Full Version" game and not just a game with missing stuff like Camos, Ships, Etc. That's my personal point of view about this event. Thanks.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
4,914 posts

This has nothing to do with F2P :)

Nobody is obligated to buy this lootboxes ... but people have a gambling habbit.

The problem with lootboxes is that they are saying the loots are random while they are not (of course theyr not).

IMHO somebody just set the drop percentage too high for this crap ships and now we have another fiasco.

And if people think that drop is randomly picked from whole pool of ships they are kidding themselfs.

There are MULTIPLE shortlists involved before you get your reward.

• Cool 8

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts

The catch with the Santa Crates for me is - I dont buy them for the ships at all, if I do get some interesting premium great but its the dragon flags I really want from them, CC such as Flamu that get loads of stuff by different means dont need to exactly worry about that aspect but a more anonymous player will run out of those rather quickly when regrinding the lines for the RB which you kinda have to if you want the interesting stuff that is in there... :cap_happy:

[THESO]
Players
4,914 posts
17 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

The catch with the Santa Crates for me is - I dont buy them for the ships at all, if I do get some interesting premium great but its the dragon flags I really want from them, CC such as Flamu that get loads of stuff by different means dont need to exactly worry about that aspect but a more anonymous player will run out of those rather quickly when regrinding the lines for the RB which you kinda have to if you want the interesting stuff that is in there... :cap_happy:

Well I have no shortage of any resource, except steel (I dont play CBs), research points (I refuse to regrind any of the lines) and premium time (that runs out naturally).

All other resources were given to me by just playing. In years I got more than enough, so I never spend any money in loots or resources.

I am still sitting on bunch of stuff that I wont use, just because I hardly play this game anymore ....

Spoiler

2020-12-05 06_50_17-2020-12-05 06_49_14-Greenshot.jpg - Paint.jpg

2020-12-05 06_50_49-.jpg

• Cool 2

[PNAVY]
Players
1,254 posts
42,898 battles
14 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

For me it's about the ships and some certain ships I'm really sad I didn't have the to ability to buy like Puerto Rico. As long as I'm gonna spend money then at least I should get the ship I want easily & not to enter into a gambling game that I'm not willing to enter. That kind of events is baiting you to pay a lot of money for nothing cuz you are not guaranteed to get your desired ship. It forces you to pay more money.

[LUZ1]
Players
1,272 posts
14,199 battles
3 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

You need to change it to "Greed is good, Greed Works" cuz the first title is very deceptive. I've never seen a gaming company does that what you do with these "Santa Containers" & other stuff. I didn't spend money on this crap but I'm really shocked how gaming companies nowadays follow the policy of adding "Gambling Factor" & micro transactions to make you spend a lot of money on just one game! Seriously WG you need a big sponsor for your "F2P" game cuz as a gamer  I like to play the "Full Version" game and not just a game with missing stuff like Camos, Ships, Etc. That's my personal point of view about this event. Thanks.

Nobody is obliging you to spend moneh on WoWs. I don't, and it is perfectly feasible to play it for free. In fact, it isn't even P2W: you can have an excellent WR if you spend nada. 

But the game is also free to whale. Which many people apparently still do with abandon, in the face of plenty evidence of WGs :etc_swear: business ethics. 

Twice fooled ....

• Cool 3

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts
3 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

For me it's about the ships and some certain ships I'm really sad I didn't have the to ability to buy like Puerto Rico. 

Wait is PR even in droplist?

[PNAVY]
Players
1,254 posts
42,898 battles
59 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Nobody is obliging you to spend moneh on WoWs

But I'm also playing without benefiting from the ships the game has. I prefer paying once to play all ships with all camos and not to pay a lot of money to play just one ship or buy one bundle. I'm not getting the full WOWs gaming experience in this way.

8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Wait is PR even in droplist?

Didn't care to read about the full Santa's ship list but I'm talking in general.

[LUZ1]
Players
1,272 posts
14,199 battles
53 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

But I'm also playing without benefiting from the ships the game has. I prefer paying once to play all ships with all camos and not to pay a lot of money to play just one ship or buy one bundle. I'm not getting the full WOWs gaming experience in this way.

But then it is your own choice, isn't it? You are buying from a shoddy company with shady products. Caveat emptor.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,656 posts
11,573 battles

It is Free to Play. I haven't paid for this game for more than a year. Almost 2. You just have to accept a couple of things. Most of the Premium ships are not worth the money WG is asking for it. (It was hard for me to understand too...) Secondly. NEVER buy lootboxes. You are gonna get ripped off. If you want to buy something that is worth your money: there are usually sales where you can get dubloons and Premium Time for a correct amount of money. I suggest that you take those chances.

BUT.

If you don't want to spend a dime on the game you don't have to. It is free.

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
669 posts
10,469 battles
7 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

You need to change it to "Greed is good, Greed Works" cuz the first title is very deceptive.

"World of Makarov's" also works? :Smile_trollface:

[PNAVY]
Players
1,254 posts
42,898 battles
2 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

"World of Makarov's" also works? :Smile_trollface:

Yeah, Sure. Also "World of Deception" fits this game perfectly. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this