Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MacArthur92

Black is not coming back?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Players
8,031 posts
41,287 battles

Why the Black isn't in armoury for coal? They aren't gonna add it? It'll be like Missouri, Benham and Kutuzov as OP ship? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles

I guess it comes later, let people grab Neustra first because its way less popular (only 500 on EU server)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
8,031 posts
41,287 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I guess it comes later, let people grab Neustra first because its way less popular (only 500 on EU server)

Possible. Although I wanted to clarify my doubts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,253 posts
30,162 battles
11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

They aren't gonna add it? It'll be like Missouri, Benham and Kutuzov as OP ship? 

 

There is no official statement about this, only players guessing. It might come latter, it might not, thing is nobody know for sure for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,352 posts
42 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I guess it comes later, let people grab Neustra first because its way less popular (only 500 on EU server)

 

But.. what is the rational behind first letting people blow their coal on one ship which is less popular, only to introduce the ship they want later on? If this were about Free XP ships I'd have certain suspicions but with coal....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,749 posts
15,261 battles
5 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Do I hear sleigh bells?

This.

 

There aren't too many 'Lootbox bait' ships left that weren't already added (Kami R is the only other one I can think of, after Fujin was added last year), so a new way to extract money from whales is needed...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SVX]
Players
1,368 posts
16,012 battles

did they not say that they promised the ship would be back but it would take atleast 6 months ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles
19 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

But.. what is the rational behind first letting people blow their coal on one ship which is less popular, only to introduce the ship they want later on? If this were about Free XP ships I'd have certain suspicions but with coal....

 

Get Coal out of the game?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,352 posts
31 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Get Coal out of the game?

 

Yes, but that is slow... come to think of it, coal drops from those Xmas loot boxes... hmm.....:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,253 posts
30,162 battles
25 minutes ago, albin322 said:

did they not say that they promised the ship would be back but it would take atleast 6 months ! 

 

Well I wouldn't say they "promised" and anyway for WG "promise" is more like a suggestion that might or might not be true (like, no subs, no gun caliber larger than 460mm, we care for you feedback and such). For example WG also "promised" that PR will be available for all via Armoury, only to say latter that it won't be and was never intended to be available to all, only to say after that that it will be available for all but not anytime soon. 

 

But yes, they said that all three will return, no sooner than 6 month from the date of removal, but they never said that all of them will return at the same time. Considering that during this patch, WG put in Armoury 1 steel and 6 coal ships, 2 of which are T9 DDs, I'm not surprised that WG hold Black for now instead release 3 T9 DDs for coal, especially as one of them is basically a DD hunter. I personally hope that WG would first correct mistake and give it right model before they release Black but I'm almost 100% sure that would not happen and that they are just waiting for a moment that is the most convenient for them to bring it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Black suffered the "Its OP" tag because it was the first (and only for long while) DD with a radar AND it was only given to those who Ranked out, so they should've be the top % of players, which is why it's initial playing stats were extremely OP. However since that time there's now several other radar DD's so whether it's still currently OP or just "very good but inline with other radar DD's" is up for debate.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
273 posts
11,968 battles
24 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Black suffered the "Its OP" tag because it was the first (and only for long while) DD with a radar AND it was only given to those who Ranked out, so they should've be the top % of players, which is why it's initial playing stats were extremely OP. However since that time there's now several other radar DD's so whether it's still currently OP or just "very good but inline with other radar DD's" is up for debate.

This is the same situation as when I was looking at Flint this morning, as far as I can see it used to be a good ship, but with IFHE changes and now Captain skills where it ends up is anyone's guess, we will have to wait and see.

 

Will check how Black performs now, once it's out before committing any coal to it, just because a ship used to be good does not mean WG haven't nerfed the crap out of it or introduced other ships to make it irrelevant in the meantime.

 

Not suprised it wasn't released now, they depend on sales, whether cash or in game currency and they want to hold something back for later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,749 posts
15,261 battles

I do wonder if Black being held back relates to the postponement of the 'new' Ranked? If the new incarnation allows T9 ships, you perhaps might expect her to be an excellent seller, given her reputation (which seems to be at least partly deserved, depending on the meta - she was meh at best during the 'Pommern' sprint for example, but glorious in more conventional seasons).

 

WG may be hoping that it'll cover the debauch at Madam Olga's in the month that sees the release of Ranked...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,651 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Black suffered the "Its OP" tag because it was the first (and only for long while) DD with a radar ....................... However since that time there's now several other radar DD's so whether it's still currently OP or just "very good but inline with other radar DD's" is up for debate.

 

Black gets 5.9 km detection,  7.5 km radar AND smoke, PA DD have to choose between smoke or radar, the Swedish ships don't get the choice of smoke in the first place.

 

The combination of the two means that it can sail up to almost any other DD, pop smoke and then gun them down from safety, I think only Z-52 can counter that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,169 posts
18,310 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

The combination of the two means that it can sail up to almost any other DD, pop smoke and then gun them down from safety, I think only Z-52 can counter that.

Kitakaze blindfire too by sheer DPM

Also I'd rather say Black counters Z52 than the opposite (1,5 km radar advantage and superior dpm goes to Black)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,352 posts
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

 

Black gets 5.9 km detection,  7.5 km radar AND smoke, PA DD have to choose between smoke or radar, the Swedish ships don't get the choice of smoke in the first place.

 

The combination of the two means that it can sail up to almost any other DD, pop smoke and then gun them down from safety, I think only Z-52 can counter that.

 

 

 

5.9 gives you only 0.4 margin on the best concealment, meaning the advantage is lost in most encounters. How does a DD like that actually manage to shoot from smoke? I'm asking because I frequently get HE spammed by a DD fully smoked up, as far as I can tell I'm not spotted by any third party, yet the DD in smoke can target me with impunity. Do they also come equipped with infrared goggles or something? :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,583 posts
16,379 battles
4 hours ago, Verblonde said:

There aren't too many 'Lootbox bait' ships left that weren't already added (Kami R is the only other one I can think of, after Fujin was added last year), so a new way to extract money from whales is needed...

 

In the current Update Video they show the content of the new X-Mas boxes and Black is not included. 

 

We will see tomorrow whether that is correct. If it is, I believe it will just come back a bit later. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,836 posts
8,983 battles
10 minuti fa, __Helmut_Kohl__ ha scritto:

tomorrow

why? today ships are in the armory except  blacc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,097 posts
11,683 battles
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

But.. what is the rational behind first letting people blow their coal on one ship which is less popular, only to introduce the ship they want later on? If this were about Free XP ships I'd have certain suspicions but with coal....

 

 

People will play as much as they can to mine coal for the better ship and populate the servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,352 posts
7 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

 

 

People will play as much as they can to mine coal for the better ship and populate the servers.

 

'Populate the servers'? Is that why WeeGee so frequently....  :Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,651 posts
7,604 battles
16 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Also I'd rather say Black counters Z52 than the opposite (1,5 km radar advantage and superior dpm goes to Black)

 

There are pros and cons for each, my real point was that most other DD really have no counter whatsoever.

 

7.5 km range is of marginal value when detection is about 6 km, set against that is that radar only lasts for 22 seconds whilst the hydro is a full 2 minutes.

 

Black has 20% better HE DPM (but worse AP DPM), Z-52 has nearly 20% more HP, hydro also gives advance warning of torps coming back and Blacks are very slow as well.

 

I haven't played either so I'm not really in a position to comment, but as I said most other DD just get farmed by it and I don't think that's good for the game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×