Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Z-44

14 comments in this topic

Players
1,068 posts
15,102 battles

Saw one in the wild this morning. Turned out it was Macavity taking it for a test drive while streaming. 

[ENUF_]
Players
630 posts
23,443 battles

At 2:21 minuntes: is this a desync issue or are the torpedoes actually launched from the stern of the ship instead of the torpedo launcher?

Players
1,155 posts

It seems a bit lacking for the money, somewhat Meh, in fact The gun angles don't look good and for me the turret traverse would have me screaming at the screen and it looses Hydro and gains what???

• Cool 1

[2DQT]
Players
405 posts
3,756 battles
9 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

A Captain’s guide to using the German Tier IX destroyer.

Read it on the portal

Captain's Guide ? Is that what you call the marketing department's writeups now ? Id choose any tier IX dd over the Z-44.

Beta Tester
150 posts
13,619 battles

Sitting on a massive pile of coal with nothing to use it on, I bought it without looking into what it actually was like. Unless you are in that situation, don't even consider it. It has no defining features whatsoever. An extra 1.5km range on torps in trade for hydro... :cap_fainting:

Players
41 posts
13,799 battles
Am 3.12.2020 um 21:49, rimmer_the sagte:

Captain's Guide ? Is that what you call the marketing department's writeups now ? Id choose any tier IX dd over the Z-44.

why ? maybe if you are a sp hunter. I'm playing for fun, and i think, it is not bad. Torp 12km, reload 65 sec on top - hydro missing -that is tgrue, but that is on most dd - speed 33 knots - could be faster - and AA is low with 28 - but cont dam 243/3 km against Fletcher 194/5,8km with AA 55 -  not really bad - I scored 26 AA kills in the last battle against a CV who concentrated on me and ignored the battle !

ok - i like DD, but z-44 is one of the better ones !

• Cool 1

Players
35 posts
4,230 battles
12 hours ago, ooops_hoppla said:

why ? maybe if you are a sp hunter. I'm playing for fun, and i think, it is not bad. Torp 12km, reload 65 sec on top - hydro missing -that is tgrue, but that is on most dd - speed 33 knots - could be faster - and AA is low with 28 - but cont dam 243/3 km against Fletcher 194/5,8km with AA 55 -  not really bad - I scored 26 AA kills in the last battle against a CV who concentrated on me and ignored the battle !

ok - i like DD, but z-44 is one of the better ones !

I will take whatever you are smoking. 

'One of the better ones...'? 

Really? 

There is absolutely ZERO reason to take the Z-44 over anything else in the game. 

Asking 60€ / 228.000 coal for this ship is borderline robbery. Hydro would be a gamechanger on the Z-44 - Otherwise it is just a torpedo spammer (With torpedos that hit like fluffy rabbits) that get outspotted by any other DD and have to defend itself with the WORST guns I ever experienced at Tier IX. 

If anyone spend cash or coal on this, they will be sorely disappointed. 

Players
41 posts
13,799 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, Han_Sh0t_First sagte:

torpedo spammer

that's it - a salvo at 12 km each 60 sec. Inmy first game Isank a tier 10 BB with a salvo at short range - 6 hits.  It is a tactical challenge to come to this - no easy behind the island sniper waiting others to scout

Players
35 posts
4,230 battles
22 minutes ago, ooops_hoppla said:

that's it - a salvo at 12 km each 60 sec. Inmy first game Isank a tier 10 BB with a salvo at short range - 6 hits.  It is a tactical challenge to come to this - no easy behind the island sniper waiting others to scout

Hey, if you can make it work and are happy - that is great. 

Me? If I wanted to torpedo spam I would grind the Halland and roll up with my lightning fast torpedos with 1 min 15 sec torp. reload. 

+ Better concealment

+ God tier AA

+ Epic Bofors guns

+ Me saving 60€ / 228.000 coal

Players
41 posts
13,799 battles
Am 9.12.2020 um 19:37, Han_Sh0t_First sagte:

the Halland and roll up with my lightning fast torpedos with 1 min 15 sec torp. reload.

yes - that is right. Halland is a enemy hard to get - mostly they escape with some hits only. But I don't like such extreme high level like Halland or these MG-Cruiser Minotaur format.  I prefer more the middle class from tier IV - VIII.

There it is a little high, but I like them more as a challlenge to both sides - and a good tactical fight is  more to me tha thes super killer.

My favorite is always to torp thes out of there smoke screen - when I'm on theway with DD !

• Cool 2

Players
802 posts

I see no point for this ships at the current state.

Give it a hydro and it might me a boat worth the coal but still a pretty meh-boat.

Come to think of it.... whats the point of recent german premiums?

Z-35 is just a lightning with worse torps and gun rotation.

Munchen.... give it a heal or smoke and it would be something different from a german point of view.

Sign in to follow this