You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Karandar's Guides to Getting the most from Updates & Events

28 comments in this topic

Players
39 posts
66 battles

I have been a World of Warships player since just after the game launched -  I live along the Rocky Mountains in Western Canada, and am an avid fan of History & a bit of a Tech Geek. 

I began creating content on Youtube for World of Warships just over a year ago to try help friends & clan mates along with Community members get more from each update and events in World of Warships. 

So often,  there is so much going on in each update, with so many articles and videos that busy captains just do not have the time to go through everything, and they end up missing out.

So I have been doing the work for you & compiling the information in one convenient place. My videos.  

I also have several "101"  basic guides with everything from game settings that will help you be better,  How to survive a little longer in destroyers to the benefits and reasons to find a clan or participate in the Public test server. 

I am also open to any requests or help with anything world of warships related

I will update this thread with links to my latest videos as new events and updates come along - If you enjoy or appreciate the content - feel free to check out my Youtube content, I always appreciate Likes and comments, and of course Subscribing means a lot. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkS6bmrMYGNt__1Y06UY6w

Thank you, & Good Hunting! 

Kar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As with some previous months, This update has 4 separate news articles detailing Update 0.9.11.

It can be a lot to absorb. I have detailed what matters in the short video below, so you can get the most from the time you spend in game, and you do not miss out on the various free rewards available both in and out of the game like this months Daily Advent Calendar & the daily free bundles in the armory.

I hope it helps!

Kar

• Cool 2

Players
39 posts
66 battles

This Holiday Update has a massive amount of content. I run through the details of the opportunities in this update to help you decide how to get the most from your gaming time this season.

I hope this helps!

Players
39 posts
66 battles

With the arrival of the New Ranked Battles system come a variety of changes.

Having a composition of 6 weekly sprints - This is different from past ranked Battles in that it resets each week and one needs to consider your time available throughout the event or you may miss reaching rank 1 on one or more of these sprints - That means you risk missing out on rewards - Perhaps the Higher Leagues are not the best for you.

I managed to rank out Bronze League Last night in 16 games - 11 W & 5 L - With over 68%, I had Very good luck with my teams, most captains will require more games. And thanks to a clan mate of mine for suggesting this. I ran 14 different T8 Ships, quickly blowing off their Snowflakes in the process. A nice bonus!

Bronze League has 4 irrevocable Ranks and requires 9 Stars, while Silver League requires 12 stars & has 2 irrevocable ranks - So the Big Question: Does one go through the qualifier round this week to rise into Silver for next week and subsequent weeks, or even rise to the Lofty Gold League for week 3, or just remain content in Bronze League.

I Detail the changes to the system & offer some suggestions for you, so Let's jump in:

[UNICS]
Players
1,452 posts
22,794 battles

at Rocky Mountains in Western Canada where no one can hear you scream at your  wows teammates 

Edit: not sure how and when i typed this sorry for the invasion , i must be going crazy

• Cool 2

Players
39 posts
66 battles
40 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

at Rocky Mountains in Western Canada where no one can hear you scream at your  wows teammates 

Only the Trees, Wolves and Elk - And I suspect they just don't care. The best part about being so secluded though is that folks don't see me get triggered and think I'm a decent guy! :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

Players
39 posts
66 battles

Holiday sales have arrived in the store and Game. 

-First off 4 new temporary discounts for doubloon ships - 10, 15, 20 & 25% discounts - these are avail for the next 13 days.  Any considering buying the Massachusetts before she is removed , this is a great opportunity. There is also the recently renewed (2x / yr) 25% doubloon discount coupon which will renew again in June. 

unknown.png

-  Next, like the past 2 years, the 1 year Subscription price for Premium time is at the lowest price of the year 50% off. 12000 doubloons vs the normal 24000 for 12 months. 

For any looking to buy Premium time and need to buy Doubloons - Checking the Premium shop there is currently an "Ultimate treat"  Bundle available for 49.12 Canadian for 9000 doubloons and 30 days Premiumtime ,  & buying 3000 doubloons for 15.12 Cdn  to get the 12000 required for 12 mo premium would give 13 mo of Premium time for 64.24 Cdn vs  the 12 months for the cost of buying 12000 doubloons for 60.48 - an additional savings of 8.81 Cdn for that extra month of Premium. I suspect similar savings for EU and USA players 

image.thumb.png.d03a690454abe8564d87fc0edf67e058.png

In game in the "Purchase Premium" in the drop menu below your name top left

image.thumb.png.eed8efe0f1787bff4466e24abd24bda3.png

Players
39 posts
66 battles

I Review Tier VII French BB Strasbourg and discuss why owning her sooner than later might pay off for you with the 2 campaigns running during update 0.9.12

With the opportunity for so many to earn her for free this update in the "Strasbourg" campaign, and the fact she is required to fully unlock and complete the "Ships & Fates"  Campaign prompted me to make this video.

During the replay, I discuss both the ship herself, and our options that exist during this update with owning her, and also the different paths we have to completing both of the campaigns if both of these interest you.

At the end I show her armor layout, and the recommended skills and equipment for her

Completing The Ships and fates campaign 6 stages will reward us 6 tech tree T5 ships long with a permanent winter camo for each. A 6 pt Santa themed captain for each & 6 x Santa containers 

The trick is that as in past similar campaigns, you can only do the missions for the 1st of the six missions before you own the Strasbourg and you actually need the Strasbourg to play the final mission and earn your first ship, gain access to the 2nd - 6th missions of this campaign - and finishing the Strasbourg campaign normally will leave you barely a week to complete Ships and fates. 

So this becomes an opportunity for some.  Particularly if you already have 9800 doubloons sitting in your in game wallet, you can buy Strasbourg in the armory. She comes with her regular permanent camo, a port slot and you get a month long bonus xp mission.

Then - Upon completing the Strasburg campaign, you will receive her winter perma camo, a port slot and 9500 doubloons compensation. so a net cost of just 300 doubloons. 

What you gain from purchasing her early, you will have the time remaining during this update - just over 3 weeks to complete the Ships and fates campaign - the missions are not that difficult and most should be able to finish most if not all if you look at the missions and play according to the requirements. 

This is especially advantageous for newer captains getting 6 different t5 ships with perma camo and 6pt captains, but even if you own them all already in your port, that nets you around 5 million credits along with the crates, captains and the perma camo.

Check out my video below and give it a like / Subscribe if it helps! 

The Ships & Fates rewards:

image.thumb.png.846b2c0c81485d20d734af644d7df9da.png

Players
39 posts
66 battles

We have some Time sensitive Options for the Dockyard,

With the 2nd week opening up in a day, many captains will be earning their 4th stage of the Dockyard, and with that milestone, the starter packs go away. For any wishing to acquire the Hizen, the Starter packs significantly cut the Doubloon cost to purchase the 4 stages besides the 22 we can earn running missions to reach the 26 stages needed to complete the event. (There is also a 10 stage bundle for anyone needed that many and wanting Hizen)

I would also strongly advise captains before spending any money on starter packs to carefully examine the missions for the 7 stages - this event is a LOT of work. One of the stage 7 missions is 55k Basexp for example -so most captains will NOT earn all 22 stages from missions - Be sure you have enough time to get through the next 6 stages before spending money, or you might find yourself with buyers remorse. 

For captains who feel comfortable they will be getting to at least stage 15, where we can acquire the Tier 5 premium Yahagi, and you do not own her yet, you then have an interesting option. Especially if you have 3250 Doubloons sitting in your game right now.

You can go into the armory and use the temporary 25% doubloon discount coupon that is available for the next 10 days to reduce the cost of getting that ship from 4300 to 3225. and when you get to stage 15 of the Dockyard , because you already own the yahagi, you will receive 4000 doubloons compensation - a net gain of 775 doubloons.

Of course for any previously owning yahagi, you are already in a good place :)

In my guide below, I run through the information from above, the missions, & offer some advice on how best to obtain what you want from this event, and it's perfectly ok to play what you play , earn what you earn and be happy with that free stuff & avoiding locking ourselves into a massive grind. Either way - This guide should help you get the most you can with the time you play.

Players
39 posts
66 battles

When I started making this video, My Fiance Asked me how many Collections I have completed. I had to go count after that!  The answer is 21 Completed with Two in progress, the KOTS collection I am 1 short, and I am in the middle the Five Epochs collection.

I joined the game shortly after it was launched, and went through quite a green phase like most captains. I am curious how many Collections you all have,  and also being perhaps slightly OCD, if anyone even knows the total number that have been introduced into the game to date ? 

In my Latest Video, I discuss the various ways to unlock all 18 of the currently available collections & the most efficient way to complete each one.

I have also created & included a simple 1 page quick reference spreadsheet detailing each.

The video is divided into 2 parts. The First 7 Minutes I detail Collections and how to avoid costly mistakes, while the remainder of the video, I review each of the 18 Collections. 

Use the time stamped links I Include in my comments below the Youtube video if you wish to directly access specific collections for their brief descriptions vs going through them all: 

## EDIT A Captain on the NA server produced a chart with the odds - shows the "average" # of armory containers for each collection - I thought relevant to add the link for any interested in approximately how many containers you may require per collection - as i point out in the video - Pay close attention to your duplicates #'s - do not spend any until you have enough to trade for all of the remaining collection pieces - but also do not buy too many containers unnecessarily in big bulk purchases.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/232271-collections-101-guide-how-many-have-you-completed/?do=findComment&comment=5331181

451799683_CollectionsList.thumb.png.4728733d99293decb43dfc14b7415d98.png

Players
39 posts
66 battles

In my Latest Video, I offer several tips to speed your Progress through campaigns

For many of you this may be old news. But for newer captains, these few tips should help get through campaigns quicker. 

[UNICS]
Players
1,452 posts
22,794 battles
On 12/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, Karandar said:

Only the Trees, Wolves and Elk - And I suspect they just don't care. The best part about being so secluded though is that folks don't see me get triggered and think I'm a decent guy! :Smile_Default:

At the moment im home alone then i can play cv , wonder what the neighbors think at times

• Funny 1

Players
39 posts
66 battles

For those who like higher than the default FPS on your shiny gaming monitor, This is pretty easy to do once you know where to find the Config file.

The only downside is that the FPS value must be edited after each update. 

Short Vid to show where & how:

Players
39 posts
66 battles

My Overview helping to bring everything together in Update 0.10.0

## EDIT:

The EU commander skill reset link - This is a one  button reset all commanders option:  https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/resetting-skills-for-all-commanders/  

Remember to collect the 24hrs premium time at the bottom of this news article:   https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0100-commander-skills-update/

[2DQT]
Players
405 posts
3,758 battles
On 12/28/2020 at 4:23 AM, Karandar said:

We have some Time sensitive Options for the Dockyard,

With the 2nd week opening up in a day, many captains will be earning their 4th stage of the Dockyard, and with that milestone, the starter packs go away. For any wishing to acquire the Hizen, the Starter packs significantly cut the Doubloon cost to purchase the 4 stages besides the 22 we can earn running missions to reach the 26 stages needed to complete the event. (There is also a 10 stage bundle for anyone needed that many and wanting Hizen)

I would also strongly advise captains before spending any money on starter packs to carefully examine the missions for the 7 stages - this event is a LOT of work. One of the stage 7 missions is 55k Basexp for example -so most captains will NOT earn all 22 stages from missions - Be sure you have enough time to get through the next 6 stages before spending money, or you might find yourself with buyers remorse. 

For captains who feel comfortable they will be getting to at least stage 15, where we can acquire the Tier 5 premium Yahagi, and you do not own her yet, you then have an interesting option. Especially if you have 3250 Doubloons sitting in your game right now.

You can go into the armory and use the temporary 25% doubloon discount coupon that is available for the next 10 days to reduce the cost of getting that ship from 4300 to 3225. and when you get to stage 15 of the Dockyard , because you already own the yahagi, you will receive 4000 doubloons compensation - a net gain of 775 doubloons.

Of course for any previously owning yahagi, you are already in a good place :)

In my guide below, I run through the information from above, the missions, & offer some advice on how best to obtain what you want from this event, and it's perfectly ok to play what you play , earn what you earn and be happy with that free stuff & avoiding locking ourselves into a massive grind. Either way - This guide should help you get the most you can with the time you play.

"Time sensitive" is a nice euphenism for "grind and pay". Also WG sees no problem with manually editing game files ? Just checking, dunno. 

Players
39 posts
66 battles
5 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

"Time sensitive" is a nice euphenism for "grind and pay". Also WG sees no problem with manually editing game files ? Just checking, dunno. 

Simple text editing to increase FPS is not a hack that will get folks in trouble with WG, But for any other changes from the stock game,  I would suggest captains use the official Modstation or Aslains  from the official Warships forums links.

I believe Aslains has a "Change FPS" option with 2 or 3 options to choose from. 

The time sensitive part was the cheaper starter bundles that WG made available up until captains had earned 4 stages of the Hizen Dockyard event.  I also pointed out that one wanted to be sure to check the more time consuming later stage missions to be sure a captain was sure they could get them completed before spending doubloons on starter packs or may find themselves short by a few stages and faced with the decision to spend even more to complete it.  

Players
39 posts
66 battles

In this short video, I explain how to take advantage of World of Warships Collaboration with Prime Gaming.

This month for example we gain Early access Tier 4 Italian Battleship Dante Alighieri, a port slot & 6 Pt. Commander.

A new bundle will be released each Update through June.

Players
39 posts
66 battles

Today the new ranked season 2 was announced.  

It is by far the most staggering Time sync ever released to this game.  166 stars must be earned in Ranked battles to maximize rewards compare to the last Full season 18 which required just 84 stars. 

From a captain on the NA forum, 

For the maximum currency for as little effort as possible route:

Sprint 1: Rank out in Bronze - 800 Steel, 200 Doobies, ~ 25 games/week, 50 total

Sprint 2: Rank out in Silver - 1000 Steel, 400 Doobies, ~ 30 games/week, 60 total

Sprints 3 - 6: Win 29 Times - 1000 Steel, 800 Doobies, ~ 30 games a week, 60 total

Final Earnings: 5800 Steel, 3800 Doubloons.

Assuming a 50% WR with no star saving or irrevocables, 350 games -> 5800 steel, 3800 Doubloons, and no stress about ranking out in Gold. I don't believe the remaining Steel at Gold Rank out is worth the effort unless you're super unicum

The lowest work required is staying in Bronze of course and earn 4800 steel 1600 doubloons and the 6 bronze containers. Because of the irrevocable in Bronze it should actually be less games required to rank out than he posted above. That is still a lot of games 

Players
39 posts
66 battles

0.10.1 is a Big update!

-  We can earn T4-7 Italian BB's & the T6 & T7 Perma cammos for free this month.

-  1v1 T8 brawls, 7v7 T9 Clan Battles.

- A New Ranked season.

-  Revised Twitch missions system & new Feb Prime bundle

- & More!

This is the inventory screen found in the "drops" selection from the menu under your name in the Twitch browser.  

Here I previously earned and collected a Twitch container, and have a Twitch mission ready to claim. 

If there was any containers or missions i was earning, there would be a progress bar under the item. 

Just remember you will have to restart your game to see recieve these in game after claiming, 

image.thumb.png.88e30eee8273cd66a7cf80ac967213d9.png

image.thumb.png.55f91e26d30eea09524ece6aad75fecc.png

Players
39 posts
66 battles

After nearly 18 months of creating Youtube content for World of Warships, I have decided to grow my efforts to help the community. 

Players
39 posts
66 battles

Much going on during this final stretch of the 0.10.1 update! 

Players
39 posts
66 battles

Update 10.2 I run through

- Italian missions,

- Big Hunt,

- Resolute & Rapid containers & more 

Players
39 posts
66 battles

A Big think you to everyone for your support. The past 2 weeks have been really fantastic. I hit Affiliate in my first week of streaming on Twitch and crossed the 21k viewers on Youtube.  10k in the last 90 days alone :)

I look forward to growing the community together with you all. Stop by and say Hello! 

https://www.twitch.tv/karandar_

https://discord.gg/NQ89CPj

https://twitter.com/Karandar3

image.png.f9023543dd0c029d723a2646ade9cb7a.png

youtube analytics Mar 28 2021.jpg

Players
39 posts
66 battles

This Monday April 5th is my Birthday. I plan to Twitch Stream Warships from 2-6pm MST.  If any of you are around, feel free drop by and give me a hard time. You can also join me in my discord channel and run some battles on the NA server with me!

https://discord.gg/NQ89CPj

Birthday on the Beach! with Gnesenau.png

Players
39 posts
66 battles

This looks to be a very busy update. I pulled info from 5 articles and 2 videos for this how to get the most from the update video of mine. 

• Italian BB full tech tree now unlocked - What tier is every at? I managed to unlock the T7, and had enough coal for the Marco Polo myself. 
  • Early access German DD's
  • New dockyard event - ** the starter packs are only available until you earn 3 stages **
  • A new KOTS tourni that will also allow 8 more containers towards that collection! 
  • 5x Sansoneti / italian containers from prime gaming bundle available until April 16th 
  • New daily login bonus system begins May 1st
  • Legion of honor containers now in the armory which also unlock the collection of the same name - That makes 19 collections currently available! 
  • 8 premium Ships being removed in 10.5
  • 2 new ships in the armory
  • visual effects tweaks, 
  • Naval Battles changes 
  • New Japanese & Leroy Jenkins captains 
  • More detail in the video, hope it helps! and will be streaming on twitch shortly if you have any questions, jump in & ask away! 

A new Prime gaming bundle has arrived - Premium Legion of honor collection container and 20 Revolution camouflages.

If you are a Prime gaming member, collect before May 20th. 

Article:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/prime-gaming-legion-of-honor/

Direct link to bundle: 

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/worldofwarships?ingress=amzn&ref_=SM_WOW03_P1_CRWN

Players
39 posts
66 battles

Had a Hilarious match in the Mikasa - It was my first fight in her and the stream wanted to see it. Everything into Secondaries for the laughs!

image.png