S_h_i_v_a

Torped Belfast 43

14 comments in this topic

[URUC]
Players
323 posts

Hello,

I got the Belfast only a week ago, so no idea if that's normal for that ship.

I was torped by a Kaga and got it frontal (better one than 4....) but once hitted my second front turret was disabled!

In 7 hundret hrs ingame never seen that before, so - it's a Belfast thing, or did that happen to other ships too?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
3 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

Hello,

I was torped by a Kaga and got it frontal (better one than 4....) but once hitted my second front turret was disabled!

In 7 hundret hrs ingame never seen that before, so - it's a Belfast thing, or did that happen to other ships too?

Can't speak for Belfast (either the tier 7, or the tier 8 one) in particular but I have seen torpedo hits disable main battery turrets if they land near to them.

Also seen them detonate the ship while we're at it..

[URUC]
Players
323 posts
1 ora fa, lafeel ha scritto:

Can't speak for Belfast (either the tier 7, or the tier 8 one) in particular but I have seen torpedo hits disable main battery turrets if they land near to them.

Also seen them detonate the ship while we're at it..

That's the strange thing: i was hit on the nose, but the second (not the first) turret was disabled.

And for now i have seen only DDs  detonate for a single torp.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
1 minute ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

That's the strange thing: i was hit on the nose, but the second (not the first) turret was disabled.

And for now i have seen only DDs  detonate for a single torp.

I've personally been on the receiving end of a one in my Imperator Nikolai. Which is not exactly a DD last time I checked.

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I've personally been on the receiving end of a one in my Imperator Nikolai. Which is not exactly a DD last time I checked.

This happens all the way up to high tier. A single shima torp can potentially detonate almost anything, as long as that hit brings the target below 75% health. Last time I saw this happen was on a full HP Missouri.

[URUC]
Players
323 posts
4 minuti fa, Captain_Newman ha scritto:

This happens all the way up to high tier. A single shima torp can potentially detonate almost anything, as long as that hit brings the target below 75% health. Last time I saw this happen was on a full HP Missouri.

7 minuti fa, lafeel ha scritto:

I don't wonder about detonating if i already lost half ship, that's i'm impressed about sinking for a single torp.  

Thks for your pow.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
4 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

I don't wonder about detonating if i already lost half ship, that's i'm impressed about sinking for a single torp.  

Thks for your pow.

That’s not what I wrote. You can detonate if you eat a single torp at full health, as long as that one hit brings your health below 75%. Therefore the torp has to hit hard (IJN ones, Paolo...), so a single pan-eu torp will never detonate a full hp bb.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,741 posts
6,296 battles
19 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

100% full health as far as I remember. Been a while though should be noted.

Players
34 posts
7,129 battles
59 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Yeap.  I detonated today in my Roon, from 100% to 0% in one salvo - it can happen.  And there are some BB players who complain about detonating after getting hit by torps.  Apparently that is possible too...

• Cool 1

Players
659 posts
27,766 battles

Yes Battleships can detonate. I have received a Detonation in a Full HP Bismarck and I have also detonated others like a Full HP Izumo with a Single Ranger Torpedo.

WG has since changed things so you can now only detonate with under 75% of your HP remaining.

If you have the Magazine Modification 1 (-70% Change to receive a Detonation) Detonations will become a very rare Thing

If you have the Juliet Charlie Flag you can no longer detonate.

But if you have neither the Module or the Flag equiped the Change for a Detonation is no longer that low.

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,202 posts
10,029 battles
4 hours ago, BlueNautilus said:

Yeap.  I detonated today in my Roon, from 100% to 0% in one salvo - it can happen.  And there are some BB players who complain about detonating after getting hit by torps.  Apparently that is possible too...

Did you detonate though? And if you did from a single salvo I think what happend is that the damage got applied and then you detonated because you dropped below that threshold. Full HP detonations are as far as I know not a thing anymore.

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
5 hours ago, ollonborre said:

Did you detonate though? And if you did from a single salvo I think what happend is that the damage got applied and then you detonated because you dropped below that threshold. Full HP detonations are as far as I know not a thing anymore.

It basically only happens if you get hit by multiple shells/torps, where one puts you below treshold, next detonates you.

12 hours ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

Hello,

Can happen to other ships too, but it is exceedingly rare, even on Belfast. My guess is that the torp explosion damaged the turret barbette and thus with some RNG disabled the turret. It could happen on bigger ships than cruisers, but typically you are more likely to just straight up detonate.

• Cool 1

[A7]
Beta Tester
39 posts
7,855 battles

Torpedoes have a blast radius. This will work against modules in the blast radius. Some might roll luckily on the RNG/algorithm and others won't. Hence the result. Basically HE and Torps have blast radiuses and anything caught in the radius has to roll against that blast.