You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skurfa

What is it with your log in policy?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
807 posts

What kind of bull is this?

When I open the launcher, Game Centre, and try to visit any wows web-page via it, I'm getting thrown to a log in screen, and have to log in first.

When I go directly into any wows web-page, I have to log in as well.

But if I go in and click on one of the ships that are promoted as for sale via the launcher, Game Centre, and press "Purchase".......... I get logged in automatically.....

Honestly guys! That is not right.... There should be way better protection when you're trying to spend money, than just look around, not the other way around.

Players
105 posts
167 battles

It completes the login automatically if you click the advertisement in the launcher while being logged into your account in the game center app. 

When you visit the shop via regular web browser it obviously wants you to login asking for a Username/Password. Since usually the login in the WGC is already complete, links opened inside the WGC don't require additional steps.

If you feel this not being save enough then you can always manually log off from the WGC app. This way if you or someone else clicks on the advertisement there won't be any auto login happening. 

Beta Tester
807 posts
32 minutes ago, Asashio_Kai_Nii said:

It completes the login automatically if you click the advertisement in the launcher while being logged into your account in the game center app. 

When you visit the shop via regular web browser it obviously wants you to login asking for a Username/Password. Since usually the login in the WGC is already complete, links opened inside the WGC don't require additional steps.

If you feel this not being save enough then you can always manually log off from the WGC app. This way if you or someone else clicks on the advertisement there won't be any auto login happening. 

That's what I just said....

But it doesn't complete the login if I try and enter via one of the other advertisements, the ones you don't have to pay for, via the game launcher.

Players
3,682 posts
20,818 battles
14 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

But it doesn't complete the login if I try and enter via one of the other advertisements, the ones you don't have to pay for, via the game launcher.

Lol. How typical of them. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
105 posts
167 battles
22 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

There is a difference between giving a customer a comfortable shopping experience by reducing the step of a login needed when a product advert is clicked and simply reading a news article. 

If you are interested in an advertised product that you see on the game launcher why would you want to navigate on the same tab you read the news from towards the product if you simply can click the advertisement for an easy purchase? 

Beta Tester
2,019 posts
18,898 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Asashio_Kai_Nii sagte:

There is a difference between giving a customer a comfortable shopping experience by reducing the step of a login needed when a product advert is clicked and simply reading a news article. 

If you are interested in an advertised product that you see on the game launcher why would you want to navigate on the same tab you read the news from towards the product if you simply can click the advertisement for an easy purchase? 

I think OP is unhappy that there is a difference of behavior when you use the links from within WGC.

If the link points to the shop: no additional login required;

If the link points anywhere else on the WG website: additional login required. 

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,607 posts
13,902 battles

Hands up how many of you have to work with cookie policies for a living?

Hyperlink Messaging and Session Creation without the consent of the Party?

No one?

Oh ok, otherwise one could have explained having session UUIDs carrying over in everything just by click would open so many backdoors that you might as well rip out all walls of that house....

• Cool 2

[MIAO]
Players
1,814 posts
8,830 battles
4 minuti fa, DasTongle ha scritto:

Hands up how many of you have to work with cookie policies for a living?

Hyperlink Messaging and Session Creation without the consent of the Party?

No one?

Oh ok, otherwise one could have explained having session UUIDs carrying over in everything just by click would open so many backdoors that you might as well rip out all walls of that house....

like someone else said (idr the name) if you use the link via WGC you're always logged becuz infos go on WGC and those infos are already logged in

otherwise, if you open it from browser you've gotta to do all over again (you can tick the box remember me) and log in normally, like cookies

(location: Soon next to you , do you mean that even if i am on a halo ring you can still get me? how is that supposed to work buddy?? also, i love that people type there "in a corner" "in my chair" "in my bed" i wanted to write next to my cat... haha)

• Funny 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,607 posts
13,902 battles
42 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

(location: Soon next to you , do you mean that even if i am on a halo ring you can still get me? how is that supposed to work buddy?? also, i love that people type there "in a corner" "in my chair" "in my bed" i wanted to write next to my cat... haha)

Thats Heisenberg for you, you do know i be soon next to you you but you do not know where exactly! :)

• Funny 1