Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bitje_destroyer

Damage upon spotting

11 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
3,999 battles

I couldn't find any related topings so i start it again.

The quest i have is that my team has to do 250k damage on ships i spot with my planes.

In my oppinion it is not possible that there is only 3766 damage. i spotted all the ships.

My question:
is this a error/bug or do i understand it wrong?

Greetz

Bitje

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,119 posts
1 minute ago, Bitje_destroyer said:

i spotted all the ships.

this is not WoT, you only get spotting damage when you are the spotter at the moment the damage is done

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts

The very moment targets would be detected without your presence, you are no longer able to get credited for spotting damage.

I do not like these tasks very much. You are relying on your... team... to shoot at AND hit the targets you are spotting, instead of other targets that may be detected and easier to hit/destroy.

[NCDF]
Players
224 posts
6,559 battles

it's not about spotting-ribbons. You do not get any spotting damage for being the first to have spotted a ship. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,325 posts
20,620 battles

As others have said, it's not about spotting first (i.e., ribbons) but being the closest spotter most of the time. Hence, you have to drop fighters near the reds (but not too close, so the planes stay alive for as long as possible) while the surface battle is still raging at mid-long distances, but even then it relies entirely on the team-mates' aim and will to shoot (you don't get spotting damage from DoT -floodings and fires-).

Salute.

Players
325 posts
13,135 battles

I just finished this quest sometimes you get 2k-4k but there are moments you get 65k-110k in a game. Just don't go spoting everything try only 1 so your team has 1 target to shoot it's getting to close you lose the damage and try a other one.

Remember you can respot stuff later in the game that works too as long your teammate don't see you target DIRECTLY

Sign in to follow this