Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[BREW]
Players
3 posts
5,546 battles

So guys, i need your opinion and your help. I recently got Alaska B for black friday containers, which means i also got the mission for normal Alaska which gives 2500 doubloons and 100k FXP. Point is that I dont have the normal version of Alaska but i have 1M FXP. Considering also that Alaska is going to be removed during update 0.10, should i buy the normal Alaska to do the mission and to get it before its gone forever or should i use my 1M FXP to get any other ship? If the second option, which 1M ship?

Thank you in advance and have a good game

[SITH-]
Players
179 posts
4,645 battles
38 minutes ago, BiggEdo said:

1M FXP

Grind 1M more and get Smaland :) That's what I'm planning to do.

Do you know when the official date is for its removal?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,223 posts
9,841 battles

I think "exchanging" FreeXP for doubloons makes only sense, if you never want to exchange XP for FreeXP using doubloons.

F.e. at best you can get 87500 FreeXP for 2500 doubloons. As a F2P player, id do it right away. 2500 Doubloons which you can hardly get otherwise is nice. If you spend money on wows.. eh, not sure.

[SHAD]
Players
3,434 posts
14,139 battles

You don;t need the Alaska if you have the Alaska B. You could buy Agir or wait to see what comes next.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,915 posts
10,103 battles
6 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

You don;t need the Alaska if you have the Alaska B. You could buy Agir or wait to see what comes next.

Except if you feel that trading 900k FXP for 2500 doubloons is worth it...I'd do it if I had the chance

Friesland is fun too tho

[THESO]
Players
4,764 posts

For me its not worth it.

I spend FXP to skip ships and buy modules. Since I play only a few games per week on standard account I would have to be super drunk to buy Alasca to get 2.5 k dbls and 100 fxp.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,575 posts
15,046 battles
2 hours ago, BiggEdo said:

should i buy the normal Alaska to do the mission and to get it before its gone forever or should i use my 1M FXP to get any other ship? If the second option, which 1M ship?

I might perhaps think in terms of what would you do if the doubloons mission didn't exist i.e. would you make sufficient use of a second Alaska to make having both versions worthwhile?

If I haven't lost track of time, the next tranche of ship removals should be in a little over two months' time (it was about three months when it was first announced), which gives you one time-frame to be aware of; on the other hand, I don't know how long you have to pick up vanilla Alaska and still get the doubloons mission for having the black one, but I assume it's a much shorter time-frame.

The other question is what would you do with the free xp otherwise? As others have pointed out, Smaland is being removed at the same time as Alaska, and she is very good indeed (if wildly over-priced); can you get together another million free xp and get her instead?

The final factor is perhaps snowflakes etc. Alaska will (this year) get you an extra dollop of steel, whereas Smaland, say, will get you a small Santa crate (WiP, of course); it's a small thing, but mounts up over the course of a year or more (assuming the snowflake model persists).

If it were me, and assuming I could only do one thing, I would probably get Smaland; Alaska B gives you all the gameplay benefits of Alaska, and you already have those, whereas Smaland is very good, and provides new and unique gameplay options (even if you already have Halland). Beyond the doubloons, getting Alaska only provides the usual (and - to some - inconsequential) 'duplicate' benefits. But that assumes you can get the second million free xp in time to matter.

• Cool 1

[BREW]
Players
3 posts
5,546 battles
36 minuti fa, Verblonde ha scritto:

I might perhaps think in terms of what would you do if the doubloons mission didn't exist i.e. would you make sufficient use of a second Alaska to make having both versions worthwhile?

If I haven't lost track of time, the next tranche of ship removals should be in a little over two months' time (it was about three months when it was first announced), which gives you one time-frame to be aware of; on the other hand, I don't know how long you have to pick up vanilla Alaska and still get the doubloons mission for having the black one, but I assume it's a much shorter time-frame.

The other question is what would you do with the free xp otherwise? As others have pointed out, Smaland is being removed at the same time as Alaska, and she is very good indeed (if wildly over-priced); can you get together another million free xp and get her instead?

The final factor is perhaps snowflakes etc. Alaska will (this year) get you an extra dollop of steel, whereas Smaland, say, will get you a small Santa crate (WiP, of course); it's a small thing, but mounts up over the course of a year or more (assuming the snowflake model persists).

If it were me, and assuming I could only do one thing, I would probably get Smaland; Alaska B gives you all the gameplay benefits of Alaska, and you already have those, whereas Smaland is very good, and provides new and unique gameplay options (even if you already have Halland). Beyond the doubloons, getting Alaska only provides the usual (and - to some - inconsequential) 'duplicate' benefits. But that assumes you can get the second million free xp in time to matter.

This is quite a complete answer, thank you! I do not think ill be able to get another million fxp and get to 2M tier in time, im just a little above 1M and the day before i was about to get myself the normal Alaska i dropped the black one from crate...Just to give me an odd temptation, ty WG ahah!

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,532 posts
26,146 battles
5 minutes ago, BiggEdo said:

This is quite a complete answer, thank you! I do not think ill be able to get another million fxp and get to 2M tier in time, im just a little above 1M and the day before i was about to get myself the normal Alaska i dropped the black one from crate...Just to give me an odd temptation, ty WG ahah!

You can buy Friesland or Agir, 1 Alaska is enough.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this