You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptBaconstrips

Jean Bart B bundled with Jean Bart mission?

141 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,940 battles

Similair toa  lot of people I got myself a Jb black today since it's an amazing ship and I missed the original before it got removed.

One of the selling points was the combat mission series you get with the purchase (2.500 doubloons and 25.000 coal for 5 wins), turns out this mission can only be completed with the original JB and not the black variant...

It is supposed to be this way because it just seems so illogical to me?

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
7,500 posts
27,554 battles

Its like that ever since we had black ships in game...

• Cool 6

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,026 posts
4 minutes ago, graffiti_kris said:

it is some kind of small compensation for owners of the non-B ship who get the B ship as a drop, because they got only a "duplicate" of a ship they have already, instead of a "fresh" one

• Cool 2

Players
2,060 posts
8,582 battles

The logic is to compensate slightly players already having the JB and buying an expensive paint job.

I think they somewhat improved the wording since the original release, but it still confuses a lot of people pitching additional sales in the short run.

• Cool 2

Players
2 posts
1,940 battles

Okay I get the reasoning but honestly it seems such a "scammy" way to sell it the way they're doing it now.

Because it looks like you're getting a mission you can complete and not a useless mission

Why not just give only if you have the original JB and you get it from a container

seems like that would solve their issue but not misliead others like they're doing now

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[OHFK]
Players
269 posts
7,067 battles

While this does not work anymore for the JB, let's take the Cossack as an example:

If you get the Cossack B from a container, you get a mission for doubloons for the normal Cossack.

But you don't have that ship.

Now WG hopes that you will buy a normal Cossack so you can do the doubloon mission.

Small chance ofcourse, but hey, it might work.

But don't feel bad about misreading it, every year with Black Friday the forum is filled with people wondering about those doubloon missions.

[CATS]
Players
29,733 posts
15,317 battles
16 minutes ago, graffiti_kris said:

Okay I get the reasoning but honestly it seems such a "scammy" way to sell it the way they're doing it now.

Because it looks like you're getting a mission you can complete and not a useless mission

No, it does not.

It is explained in the shop.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Beta Tester
34 posts
23 minutes ago, graffiti_kris said:

It is a scam! And it is working for the third year in a row.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,931 posts
10,113 battles
2 minutes ago, HarmlessTed said:

It is a scam! And it is working for the third year in a row.

Lay off the sauce please

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,069 posts
6,379 battles

In Premiumshop WG described clearly, that the mission is for the standard version:

Along with each black ship, you will receive a special combat mission for her standard version

So, if WG tells it clearly, and the player ignore it, well, that is not scam.

You just need to read the complete product description and you need to understand this easy sentence (black ship <=> standard version).

• Cool 1

Players
183 posts
7,734 battles
51 minutes ago, graffiti_kris said:

Why not just give only if you have the original JB and you get it from a container

seems like that would solve their issue but not misliead others like they're doing now

I had the similar missions for the first B ships, but I can't remember the duration of them...who knows they may stick around long enough for the JB to come back

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,126 posts
14,353 battles
3 hours ago, ReapingKnight said:

I had the similar missions for the first B ships, but I can't remember the duration of them...who knows they may stick around long enough for the JB to come back

The duration of the current missions is 64 days - so I doubt the 'non B' ship will be back in that time - unless it comes in an Xmas crate......

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,889 posts
18,121 battles
3 hours ago, Spartan_93 said:

In Premiumshop WG described clearly, that the mission is for the standard version:

So, if WG tells it clearly, and the player ignore it, well, that is not scam.

You just need to read the complete product description and you need to understand this easy sentence (black ship <=> standard version).

image.png.db5cd500f96e96c2884b3b568346281a.png

The problem is that it is only clearly explained in the "fine print" and not in the "ad" itself. And yes you should read the complete item description, especially when buying online items. And no people sometimes just don't read any (perceived) tl;dr parts. For example, how many EULAs have you already agree to without reading a single sentence of it?

Ideally the line item in the bundle contents should also read "Combat Mission for 2,500 Doubloons FOR THE REGULAR COSSACK".

So technically WG did nothing wrong, but they could do a lot better.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,602 posts
11,374 battles
31 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

image.png.db5cd500f96e96c2884b3b568346281a.png

only clearly explained in the "fine print" and not in the "ad" itself.

Wait wait wait.

Does it mean that Red Bull doesn't give me wings?????

tenor.gif

• Funny 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,889 posts
18,121 battles
44 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Wait wait wait.

Does it mean that Red Bull doesn't give me wings?????

tenor.gif

Well, it certainly means not everyone is funny, even with humor in the name...

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,602 posts
11,374 battles
31 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Well, it certainly means not everyone is funny, even with humor in the name...

I swear you are the first one ever to make that comment. You are so unique. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
82 posts
2,695 battles
16 hours ago, graffiti_kris said:

Similair toa  lot of people I got myself a Jb black today since it's an amazing ship and I missed the original before it got removed.

One of the selling points was the combat mission series you get with the purchase (2.500 doubloons and 25.000 coal for 5 wins), turns out this mission can only be completed with the original JB and not the black variant...

Don't worry, it is really illogical. It is just some people don't admit it is, because they are fixated. 

WG side?  Easy fix but why you should fix something that would cut some of your revenue. 

Players
2,060 posts
8,582 battles

JB stats from last week

ship/players/battles/battles:players/WR

B5AC574A-2C5D-4FDD-BD60-AD72A1230B22.jpeg

They seem to be potatoes, compared to coal JBs.

Players
7,243 posts
11,668 battles

Maybe lets clear this once and for all?

Yes, the mission was originally a compenation for someone, who has the original ship and got a drop from a box, so he doesnt feel cheated.

Yes, it says in the fine-print in the shop, that the mission is not for the B-version but for the original ship only.

Yes, it is misleading alteast to present the mission with the 2500 dubloons the way they do in the shop, because its stuffed right under the ship in the headline without any refference, thats its actually not related to the ship advertised.

Even more: selling the mission with a B-ship doesnt make sense. The original implementation, as we all agree, was, to compensate someone for getting a double ship via a drop. So WG agrees, that people would not be happy to have the same ship twice in port. But to make use of that mission you have to A) have the original ship in port B) for some reason decide to buy this same yes (with a black camo) again. So, who in the right mind would buy the same ship twice (with some very few exeptions)? Even WG thinks, people wouldnt do it (hence this mission exists in the first place).

Its clearly a trap, trying to mislead you into buying that ship, because when you see this, you think:

image.png.6f865f206f94003b875be51dc2794b5f.png

"oh nice, So I can get 2500 dubloons back from the purchase, which makes the ship cheaper - good deal, lets buy!"

There is no reason for this mission to be connected to the ship in the shop other then trying to mislead people. period.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
3,557 posts
16,308 battles
15 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Maybe lets clear this once and for all?

Yes, the mission was originally a compenation for someone, who has the original ship and got a drop from a box, so he doesnt feel cheated.

Yes, it says in the fine-print in the shop, that the mission is not for the B-version but for the original ship only.

Yes, it is misleading alteast to present the mission with the 2500 dubloons the way they do in the shop, because its stuffed right under the ship in the headline without any refference, thats its actually not related to the ship advertised.

Even more: selling the mission with a B-ship doesnt make sense. The original implementation, as we all agree, was, to compensate someone for getting a double ship via a drop. So WG agrees, that people would not be happy to have the same ship twice in port. But to make use of that mission you have to A) have the original ship in port B) for some reason decide to buy this same yes (with a black camo) again. So, who in the right mind would buy the same ship twice (with some very few exeptions)? Even WG thinks, people wouldnt do it (hence this mission exists in the first place).

Its clearly a trap, trying to mislead you into buying that ship, because when you see this, you think:

image.png.6f865f206f94003b875be51dc2794b5f.png

"oh nice, So I can get 2500 dubloons back from the purchase, which makes the ship cheaper - good deal, lets buy!"

There is no reason for this mission to be connected to the ship in the shop other then trying to mislead people. period.

That picture is from the Armory, isn't it? 

Because in the shop they have it like this:

Screenshot_20201128-094639_Chrome.jpg

They should actually have a bit more legal freedom how they advertise stuff in the Armory, as they are not really competing with other companies in the market there...

Players
136 posts
15,034 battles

In the Armoury it definitely states (JB as the example) "owners of this bundle will receive a special mission" - The bundle they are referring to is the Black Jean Bart, there is 'NO' mention that this mission is for any other variant other than the Black Jean Bart.

Whether it states something else on another page is irrelevant as the Armoury advert does not guide/inform you in any way of any other conditions applied to this sale via the Armoury advert.

They have clearly slipped up with their wording in the Armoury advert if they only intended to limit this mission to the standard JB and as such anyone who has bought the JB through the Armoury is entitled to have the mission stated, if not WG are in breech of advertising regulations.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,026 posts
2 minutes ago, Seargent_Nigel said:

there is 'NO' mention that this mission is for any other variant other than the Black Jean Bart.

from the armory:

asdfk.JPG.7aaee35b97abdfba64b74476890b1315.JPG

[CATS]
Players
29,733 posts
15,317 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

So you do not care about the mission requirement?

If the mission requirment were "win 500 matches in random in the next 10 days" it would be fine?

Beta Tester
3,557 posts
16,308 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

from the armory:

asdfk.JPG.7aaee35b97abdfba64b74476890b1315.JPG

It is obviously intended to be misleading, as they could make it much more clear, but refuse to, even though people have been confused every year. 

As I said already, in the Armory they should have a bit more legal freedom in this regard.

I actually wonder though, if the offer in the shop is legal, as it is still misleading AF... 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1