Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

Random Top tier game play-The worst experience yet WG.

39 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
1,425 posts
7,858 battles

Remember how you designed this game WG back in 2015?

A game designed around a tiering system that requires you to unlock the next ship in its class by EXPERIENCE earned on the previous ship (and credits of course). This experience level increases personally as well as the ships capabilities gimmicks and special ability's or traits the higher you go. The promise of the top tiers being the best ships the biggest guns, where the best players play to test you skills that you have developed, invested in ( financially too) the motivation you've kept going because your determined to get to your goal.

Only to reach it and witness the biggest sh*t show of clueless chaos this game has to offer since tier I.  You can actually TELL almost strait away most people should not be at that tier because the ability read the map, the knowledge of the map they are playing(direction they are heading ) and the decision making progress (im using radar hydro17 klm from cap or totally at the wrong time/place) is simply not DEVELOPED enough for high tier game play.

Ive spent most of my time in this game around tiers 7-8( with the acceptance of RNL CL line which seemed to suit my style of play minitour included) and have been a cruiser main for most if not all of the time, Solo in Randoms, which i appreciate is not the best of conditions for victory consistency. But that's also a good indication of independent skill levels of other players abilities. The ability to communicate with fellow players using relevant command prompts, or communicate intentions through chat with players that are unfamiliar with one another.

So WHY is it when its supposed to be the best or is advertised to be the pinnacle of game play for this title is it actually the complete opposite??! Because lets be honest ...its a bit of a con atm isn't it?

I' unlocked Brindisi on the 13/11 and for the first 24 games i believed my 64% win rate and average kill of like 2. something was good and i could maintain this performance the way the ship was playing, probability a drop of wr to 54+ by the time i hit 100 games.

But to be at 39.7% at 73 games Something seriously went wrong/changed because for the last two weeks ive hardly won a game. 2 WEEKS!! It has undoubtedly been the worst/frustrating/unrewarding gaming experience i have ever encountered.

And the reason is because like Many, Many of your customers, people like me who have been here since 2015 that have told you over and over that creating loopholes or the ability to jump tiers/purchase premium high tier ships  in a game where the experience goes hand in hand with the tiering YOU designed is a bloody stupid idea, that for me ad least has ruined this game. Because i no longer want to continue at high tiers, its crap....I don't want to go down AGAIN and have to settle for the same tiers ive played in over the last 2 years, i've just done that!!! Effectively i feel like there is no point in continuing and i may as well uninstall, Perhaps choose something else from now on.

Do you honestly believe that it is just a coincidence that at the time where high tier ships have been on sale the most they have ever been combined with tier jumping loopholes (free xp) that top tiers have descended into chaos?

What will eventually happen is that most if not All the people that have experience in this game and previously invested heavily, the people that bind teams together to lead them to success will have left and the experience pool will get shallower and  shallower, and yes , you might have high numbers coming AND going but they will come and go quicker with less investment and eventually the word will get out that the game is bad rubbish/ poor whatever and perhaps THATS when you might understand ...

rrFlZ6n.gif

Wait?....We designed a loophole in our own game structure to obtain cash from our customers that coincidently

allows people to play with NO experience at all in a game where experience to tier is key to success and stability of the game and therefore, Possibly affecting the future of the business itself?

Do any of you share the same opinion?

Is anyone as frustrated as me right now.

What can we suggest, as a player base to WG that will mitigate the effect of this but still bring in enough cash to keep them Happy.?

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
4 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

2 WEEKS!! It has undoubtedly been the worst/frustrating/unrewarding gaming experience i have ever encountered.

Out of 133 matches you lost around 7 more matches then what would to be expected. Considering the Tiers you played, it would be less.

As you said yourself, you played mostly on other Tiers and now adavanced in Tier and played in an enviroment you have less experience.

• Boring 1

[MUMMY]
Players
635 posts
10,337 battles

I note that every ship you have more than 100 games on (15 ships total) your average damage is <50k/game.

13/15 ships average damage <40k/game

6/15 ships average damage <30k/game

Maybe its you? 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,425 posts
7,858 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Out of 133 matches you lost around 7 more matches then what would to be expected. Considering the Tiers you played, it would be less.

As you said yourself, you played mostly on other Tiers and now adavanced in Tier and played in an enviroment you have less experience.

I knew you were going to day this . 

The times i have played in high tiers before this was never an issue. Its about what's going on AT those tiers , not that i have gone up to it. 

[MUMMY]
Players
635 posts
10,337 battles
1 minute ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I knew you were going to day this . 

The times i have played in high tiers before this was never an issue. Its about what's going on AT those tiers , not that i have gone up to it. 

You have 13 ships over tier 8.

13/13 ships average damage <50k/game.

I would disagree, I think that you have had issues at higher tiers before :fish_book:

• Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,425 posts
7,858 battles
8 minutes ago, rage1750 said:

I note that every ship you have more than 100 games on (15 ships total) your average damage is <50k/game.

13/15 ships average damage <40k/game

6/15 ships average damage <30k/game

Maybe its you? 

2 weeks haven't won a game. literally mate.

@rage1750

@ColonelPete

Guys you've ignored what i wrote and gone strait to stats player issue. 

Guys have you tried playing at high tiers, SOLO recently? No divs etc.

[CATS]
Players
29,623 posts
15,308 battles
Just now, SeaWolf7 said:

Which is a lie. You even mentioned your victories yourself...

3 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Could have been better, but not something to complain about:

1514947589_shot-26_06.15_12_25.37-0276Results.thumb.jpg.a0f988e83a23f590b83a6f2a31d21b5e.jpg

[ZEN]
Players
82 posts
2,633 battles

I agree with you. Myself, playing solo almost exclusively, I really don't like some parts of playing at T10.

I would like very much those two options:

1. Play games WITHOUT divisions

2. Play games WITHOUT CV's (Not that I have problems with them, I'm sick of the whining and "noob cv" meta).

It's a pity we cannot play like T8, T9 T10 etc only games no uptiering or lowtiering. That would be great

But you know what's worse than those things?

Player who are AFK, players who are performing worse than bots, players who are suiciding in the first seconds of the match.... All at T10.

T10 is not the place where only good players can reach or can sustain continuous T10 playing economywise, anymore.

Those days are long gone.

[MUMMY]
Players
635 posts
10,337 battles
14 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

@rage1750

@ColonelPete

Guys you've ignored what i wrote and gone strait to stats player issue. 

I can sympathise.  

I have had a few weeks off Warships as it was getting annoying.  Have not played solo since.....  Halloween maybe?

Had a few games recently in divs to catch up with friends.

I also agree with you about selling stuff to noobs, Jingles did a nice video on it earlier today. 

You have been around along enough to know that WG doesnt care what you or I think, only time you get their attention is literally when the peasants are in open revolt calling for the guillotine (think Puerto Rico, Christmas convoys etc).  Every now and then they will throw you a bone because whats been asked for has aligned with what WG was planning on doing anyway, that gets spun as "hey guys look, we listened to your feed back".

Your post will fall on deaf ears, have a break and play something else for a while. I found it refreshing and the games I have had since I have been back, on the whole I have actually enjoyed them.

• Cool 3

Players
776 posts
10,998 battles
51 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider.

Nobody gives a S^%7 matey... unless you are here with a super-unicorn account rating your opinion is worthless and WeeGee certainly don't give a flying foxbat about game quality.

So, you're wasting your time.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Players
776 posts
10,998 battles
Just now, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Dear sir, is this some hidden feature which I have yet to uncover in this desolate online freakshow? :Smile_trollface:

I suspect that there is no Russian word for quality.... hence the total absence of it from the game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
431 posts
6,394 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Starchy_Tuber sagte:

Nobody gives a S^%7 matey... unless you are here with a super-unicorn account rating your opinion is worthless and WeeGee certainly don't give a flying foxbat about game quality.

You don't need a unicum rating for your opinion to be heard.

However,  if you are not a very good player you should be careful when talking about the ability of other players to play. If I understand the post correctly, he thinks that a lot of "bad" players shouldn't (be allowed) to play in high tiers, because they are not "developed enough". When you say something like that people may start looking at the stats.

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles

image.thumb.png.4f9d940265a791503143142b90f4aed7.png

3/4 toptier ships all at the bottom of XP.

First sit in the last corner doing nothing, then suicide 1by1... except Saint-Louis, which was just driving aroung broadside. The T8 BB we had also just died very early (Tirpitz - rushed a cap) which left me as T7 BB... pretty much got crossfired and died. Luckily, the enemies werent much smarter and suicided in the end while they would have easily won.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,910 posts
10,103 battles
2 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

I wish this was the case. That would mean that WG listens to a few thousand players. Right now they listen to none.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,521 battles

If you want purple in your title and be a one horned horse then you need to division up with good players most of the attention seekers with said purple in there Sig do that thing, They wont drive their ships out of there 5 star garage unless they have 2x Flamus to play with , Going solo is a death sentence to your WR unless you can carry on a regular basis or play an influential ship like DD or CV.

Suck it up i play 100% solo i really do feel your pain.

• Cool 5

[BS4]
Players
1,425 posts
7,858 battles
3 hours ago, firerider202 said:

. If I understand the post correctly, he thinks that a lot of "bad" players shouldn't (be allowed) to play in high tiers, because they are not "developed enough". 

No... Thats not even close. To be clear. People who tier jump Excessively  or enter the game at 8-10 with no previous experience whatsoever are NOT BAD by design they just lack the knowledge and Development/ knowhow to contribute positively to a team game at that level.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,521 battles
3 hours ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

How do you think they get a super one horned horse rating? That's right by effecting the not so random battle , Some division players have a habit of preaching to solo players git gud while they would not dream of going solo.

I have only every known a few unicorn 100% solo players they are extremely rare and normally DD players or CV....

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,910 posts
10,103 battles
2 hours ago, MacFergus said:

If you want purple in your title and be a one horned horse then you need to division up with good players most of the attention seekers with said purple in there Sig do that thing, They wont drive their ships out of there 5 star garage unless they have 2x Flamus to play with , Going solo is a death sentence to your WR unless you can carry on a regular basis or play an influential ship like DD or CV.

Oh I'm sorry, let me stop playing with my friends just because I taught them how to play the game well and not suck. I mean of course....see, we carry each other in those divs, since we're all above 60% even solo. With people like you on the other hand, it would be a one way carry only.

• Boring 1

[FJAKA]
[FJAKA]
Players
279 posts
9,915 battles
2 hours ago, MacFergus said:

How do you think they get a super one horned horse rating? That's right by effecting the not so random battle , Some division players have a habit of preaching to solo players git gud while they would not dream of going solo.

I have only every known a few unicorn 100% solo players they are extremely rare and normally DD players or CV....

Lol.

So by your perspective, if you play solo you cannot expect more than 49% WR, right?

I guess hundreds of us who are mostly solo players and perform well are probably doing something very, very wrong... You have low number of battles. You'll improve, so your WR will eventually go up. I hope. Less salt mate, it will eat you up.

• Cool 1

Players
3,037 posts
3 hours ago, MacFergus said:

you are a good man

PS: you can have fun against unicum divisions if you concentrate fully though right? :)

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,521 battles
7 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

you are a good man

PS: you can have fun against unicum divisions if you concentrate fully though right? :)

I have no problem with people playing with friends that's what the game is designed for the skill level is not huge between 50% and 60% its 1 game in 10 and yeah you can be unlucky in MM but with divisions of good players you create your own luck and skew the MM in your favour.

Hats off to people who have over 50% WR in solo play.

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,436 posts
7,103 battles

I like high tiers. Easy to carry without the flatdeck trash around. Games with it give me time to do something else, since it is below my standard to “play” vs low quality.

Players
3,037 posts
12 hours ago, MacFergus said:

I have no problem with people playing with friends that's what the game is designed for the skill level is not huge between 50% and 60% its 1 game in 10 and yeah you can be unlucky in MM but with divisions of good players you create your own luck and skew the MM in your favour.

Hats off to people who have over 50% WR in solo play.

I'm infamous here for advocating against divs for quite sometime. One argument you touched here highlights it. It messes up a poorly implemented MM, no question about it, if one is an honest arbiter . It creates imbalance. It is as simple as that. It introduces even more inequality into the mix since the MM can't figure out a good from a bad division but the unicums can. It is my only gripe with the game. That and the OPs should have had more missions but that's me.  Not CVs, not HE spam, not premium ships, no nothing. If you are good, you get over these stuff.

Of course taking this position will earn you much hate understandably. Divisions are beloved in here and I have argued enough before stop playing the game that people rightfully like them. They are fun, they help you if you are good and promote teamplay. I have no problem with the people liking them at all. I'm friends with most. If you are solo enthusiast though, a category some don't recognize as real in multiplayer games, they can be also fun for a time sure, But slowly and again surely they become a chore, which turn most solo's off and away from the game. I have written long pages in the past explaining the whole thing with more meat and examples but we are all smart and we know what is what. It is not a probability but cold hard facts and the quality of randoms rn is showing it. But hey new people come in, for me that is a good thing. All things in life come to an end.  

• Cool 3