Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EmilyKing

Just got accused of the most BIZARRE thing ever in a scenario

45 comments in this topic

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles

So im doing Newport Defense. Playing in a CV. my team isn't great and im trying my best to keep us in the fight. Think I just got my 4th kill, just as our defence perimeter got breached and the main attack begun. Then suddenly a nurn player on my team who has no kills, goes "So you last hit only huh?" 

So I ask what his damage is, since scenarios are great places for CLs to rack up huge damage numbers(not to mention score kills with their fast, rapid guns). He says "29k". I'm not sure if he misunderstood the question, because at that point im on 73k dmg as a CV, and im not doing great for damage, and a previous game in a Dallas(which i ended on about 184.5k dmg) by the point the main attack begun I was at about 100k dmg.

So I point out that im not "last hitting only" as my damage numbers show. He gets more abusive. Like it's so weird. If he's playing like s**t and I'm playing average and getting more hits then of course I'm gonna be getting more kills? Dude starts screaming about people like me "ruining the game" and also brings out the good ol time honoured misogyny at one point with "woman" but he cant even land his shots, uses his torps against the BBs while they're far out and head-on, doesn't focus on DDs as a CL, all while failing to understand how badly he's playing. This is not one of the easier ops to do. I cannot afford to just sit back and let some numpty who, in his own words, plays only once every 2 weeks, get some kills to shore up his insecure ego. In any case we lost because as I said right at the start the team wasn't great. And yes I beat the guy in a CL on XP too. in a CV...

It's just sad when it's people like him who're actually ruining the game. Bad teammates like him fail ops. And then bad attitudes like his, sour the experience further. I'm not even sure if the only reason he got annoyed was because some girl was beating him to kills and hurting his male ego or something.... I don't mind bad players too much. But jeez if you're bad at least don't be an a**hole about it.... honestly if you only have 29k dmg in a light cruiser and your teammate has 2.5times more damage than you at the same point, they're probably not just "last hitting only". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

O well back to the s**tshow that is Newport 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
2,129 posts
20,074 battles

Sadly there are a lot of people in this world and not just in game who are utterly awful at what they do but suffer from exceptional self delusion and believe they are brilliant.

So whilst it's very annoying best thing to do is: Ignore the accusations play to the best of your ability and let the results speak for themselves. 

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
25 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

So im doing Newport Defense. Playing in a CV. my team isn't great and im trying my best to keep us in the fight. Think I just got my 4th kill, just as our defence perimeter got breached and the main attack begun. Then suddenly a nurn player on my team who has no kills, goes "So you last hit only huh?" 

In which wave?

So I ask what his damage is, since scenarios are great places for CLs to rack up huge damage numbers(not to mention score kills with their fast, rapid guns). He says "29k". I'm not sure if he misunderstood the question, because at that point im on 73k dmg as a CV, and im not doing great for damage, and a previous game in a Dallas(which i ended on about 184.5k dmg) by the point the main attack begun I was at about 100k dmg.

Not in Newport , where all the targets are bow in. 29 k it's not necessary a bad place to be if :

prioritizing DDs

Depending of which wave we are talking about

So I point out that im not "last hitting only" as my damage numbers show. He gets more abusive. Like it's so weird. If he's playing like s**t and I'm playing average and getting more hits then of course I'm gonna be getting more kills? Dude starts screaming about people like me "ruining the game" and also brings out the good ol time honoured misogyny at one point with "woman" but he cant even land his shots, uses his torps against the BBs while they're far out and head-on, doesn't focus on DDs as a CL, all while failing to understand how badly he's playing. This is not one of the easier ops to do. I cannot afford to just sit back and let some numpty who, in his own words, plays only once every 2 weeks, get some kills to shore up his insecure ego. In any case we lost because as I said right at the start the team wasn't great. And yes I beat the guy in a CL on XP too. in a CV...

A piece of advice, in moments like that, it's better to ignore the chat, certainly didn't help paying attention to the chat, focus at the task at hand.

It's just sad when it's people like him who're actually ruining the game. Bad teammates like him fail ops. And then bad attitudes like his, sour the experience further. I'm not even sure if the only reason he got annoyed was because some girl was beating him to kills and hurting his male ego or something.... I don't mind bad players too much. But jeez if you're bad at least don't be an a**hole about it.... honestly if you only have 29k dmg in a light cruiser and your teammate has 2.5times more damage than you at the same point, they're probably not just "last hitting only". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

O well back to the s**tshow that is Newport 

first, Cvs don't have sex, a gender 

secondly, could he meant you were striking the ships at the back or your strike were the last thing to hit the bots (kill steal) ?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,959 posts
18,730 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, EmilyKing sagte:

"So you last hit only huh?" 

Not sure I understand that, is that English?

The problem is with him, not you. Relax.

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

In which wave?

Not in Newport , where all the targets are bow in. 29 k it's not necessary a bad place to be if :

prioritizing DDs

Depending of which wave we are talking about

A piece of advice, in moments like that, it's better to ignore the chat, certainly didn't help paying attention to the chat, focus at the task at hand.

first, Cvs don't have sex, a gender 

secondly, could he meant you were striking the ships at the back or your strike were the last thing to hit the bots (kill steal) ?

Just after wave 3

he was basically accusing me of killstealing, like waiting for everyone else to get a ship to low health then "hitting it last" and he definitely wasnt priortizing DDs. xD

and honestly if im just waiting to get the last hit on the low health AI ships i wouldn't have the decent damage numbers i had.  whatever it is he wasnt even shooting straight and i think he wanted everyone else to be as bad as him so he can get the kill...

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles
14 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Not sure I understand that, is that English?

The problem is with him, not you. Relax.

haha yea. guess he means im waiting for them to do the work of damaging the ships then waiting till it's about to die to get the last hit on them to "steal" the kill.

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles
9 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

hmm

ahaha long time no see. just the usual joys of scenarios unfortunately. 

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

how did he even know your gender?

something is missing 

my in game name is the same as here. I guess "Emily" probably makes it obvious?

[KOKOS]
Players
279 posts
6,224 battles
5 minutes ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

king makes it less so 

It's a surname, like Martin Luther King etc. I have it there because it's the anglicised version of my non-english legal surname so works as a sort of pseudonym for me when I need a gamer tag.

In any case it's not the 1st time people have rightly guessed my gender thru my name so really there isn't anything missing. Sorry to burst your "gotcha" fantasy xD

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
41 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

he was basically accusing me of killstealing, like waiting for everyone else to get a ship to low health then "hitting it last" and he definitely wasnt priortizing DDs. xD

and honestly if im just waiting to get the last hit on the low health AI ships i wouldn't have the decent damage numbers i had.  whatever it is he wasnt even shooting straight and i think he wanted everyone else to be as bad as him so he can get the kill...

From whom saw  perimeters in Newport being breached by the first wave...

Kill steal doesn't matter in Newport.

All that matters is to preserve that green circle active until it's no longer relevant doing so.

IMO there's no other operation that require as much team cooperation and the exact amount of aggression by an individual as this one.

e.g.

you can sortie and meet the second wave but you have to return with them, brawling in the way, if you take too long (too long being not that long) you are already being peppered by the third wave  

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
21 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

It's not obvious.

Care to take a shot on my name?

[NECRO]
Players
678 posts
5 hours ago, EmilyKing said:

Yeah, and there are estimates that roughly 90% bearers of female ingame names are men.

Beta Tester
1,959 posts
18,730 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Butterdoll sagte:

It's not obvious.

Can you have that dialogue in private or in off-topic? It clearly has nothing to do with the game.

• Boring 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

Dunning kruger effect is when people who are so clueless think they are knowledgeable about something because they lack the understanding of how it is supposed to be done.

• Cool 1

Players
2,688 posts
11,390 battles
6 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

It's not obvious.

A piece of butter struck by lighting and given sentient life :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[CELTA]
Players
684 posts
9 hours ago, EmilyKing said:

I have a male cousin named Emilio. Its not so obvious, at least for someone not english. If i see your name ingame I can assure you that I dont think automatically in a woman.

11 hours ago, EmilyKing said:

I'm not even sure if the only reason he got annoyed was because some girl was beating him to kills and hurting his male ego or something....

Its quite common that many of us get the worst insults being males... especially playing CVs. Just report or ignore him

• Cool 1

Players
395 posts
4,280 battles

A CV in Newport can be a lifesaver by its capacity to throw the bots off course when they dodge the torps. I can't understand why someone would feel the urge to berate a CV in this op if the CV knows what he is doing.

Especially in third wave, when you frantically use your right hand to click on the mouse button while the left does WASD hacks.

Spoiler

Or something else with left hand, I won't judge you BUT DON'T FEEL COMPELLED TO TELL ME WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH LEFT HAND.

• Cool 2

[M_T_R]
Players
369 posts
24,472 battles

I noticed the issue of incompetence too. Again.

When I`m the last battleship fighting with still about half my HP left while all my teammates (except for the CV) are dead ... well then you know that something is wrong. I was still afloat and combat-ready after 17 minutes...

Noticed some BB guy overcommitting. Trying to avoid the perimeter breach, he just sailed too close to the DD, therefore eating all his torps.

By that time I already had turned away.

Still the outcome was to be expected.

The only good thing is that I kept my chat disabled. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
474 posts
2,499 battles

Welcome to Newport - The place where potatoes go to die.

Just wait until you get someone in chat telling you off for Winning because your the last ship standing and their precious ego was bruised.

No I'm not joking.

• Funny 1