You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
15JG52Robi

Why was 250.000 FXP removed from Research Bureau?

33 comments in this topic

[FJAKA]
Players
18 posts
5,518 battles

It was an option that was there forever and I was collecting research points in increments of 400 just to get it since I don't want to reset the tech tree(s) and grind again.

And now when I finally have the needed research points it is removed when it was an option from the beginning of the Research Bureau, WHY?

I believe it was WG's doing to limit the number of ppl who would use it to buy Smalland and other free exp ships like Alaska that are being removed which in my opinion is despicable and the community should protest against that and demand the return of this option to research bureau.

Does the community agree with me or not, please discuss.

Best regards!

• Cool 5

[SHAD]
Players
2,940 posts
12,673 battles

Most people tend to use a fair bit of freeXP to earn research points: FreeXP to tier 5 then freeXP for the modules.

People weren't using it as it's basically paying freeXP to get less freeXP while losing credits.

Wargaming mentioned it was unpopular before they removed it.

Players
1,274 posts
9,909 battles

Tinfoil hat time! I think it was removed because from WG's angle, it was TOO popular

WG's invested in giving us the Research Bureau as a sort of an end-game content.

Personally, I think it's a HORRIBLE system. The last thing I'd ever choose to do is grind the tech tree AGAIN. From past conversations, I'm far from alone in feeling this way.

The reason the RP-->FreeXP conversion needed to go was it allowed us to sidestep the entire Research Bureau and convert the RP's to something useful in the "old" game economy. Good for us, not so good for WG's grand scheme.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
9 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Tinfoil hat time! I think it was removed because from WG's angle, it was TOO popular

I doubt that.

That would be in the interest of WG as buying Free XP with RP is EXTREMLY ineffcient. People would need to invest more playtime to get the Free XP needed.

Players
1,274 posts
9,909 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I doubt that.

That would be in the interest of WG as buying Free XP with RP is EXTREMLY ineffcient. People would need to invest more playtime to get the Free XP needed.

You may well be right. But keeping the tinfoil hat on, I don't necessarily understand your point. I still get FreeXP through the regular means, with RP conversion I simply get even more. It may be inefficient, but it's still better than before, assuming I don't give a ***t about anything they try to sell me for RP.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
1 minute ago, jss78 said:

You may well be right. But keeping the tinfoil hat on, I don't necessarily understand your point. I still get FreeXP through the regular means, with RP conversion I simply get even more. It may be inefficient, but it's still better than before, assuming I don't give a ***t anything about anything they try to sell me for RP.

Many players use Free XP for the regrind. That is one of the mainpoints for WG for RB: To reduce the vast amounts of Free XP stored on peoples accounts and give incentives to convert Doubloons into Free XP.

The Free XP needed to get the RP needed to get Free XP is higher than what you get. That is also the reason few players buy Free XP with RP as this is not efficient.

When you do not use Free XP for the regrind and just want a new ship, then using the RP to get a ship is still faster than using the RP to get Free XP and then buy a ship with that (depending on the ship).

Players
1,939 posts
13,593 battles

FreeXP to reset and get RPs to buy FreeXP

Circular reference on their spreadsheet. Simples.

• Funny 3

Players
374 posts
44 minutes ago, jss78 said:

You may well be right. But keeping the tinfoil hat on, I don't necessarily understand your point. I still get FreeXP through the regular means, with RP conversion I simply get even more. It may be inefficient, but it's still better than before, assuming I don't give a ***t about anything they try to sell me for RP.

He is never right, and can't empathize with what other players do....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
10 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Is spouting Trumpisms your new hobby?

• Cool 3

[MIAO]
Players
1,506 posts
7,110 battles
2 ore fa, 15JG52Robi ha scritto:

It was an option that was there forever and I was collecting research points in increments of 400 just to get it since I don't want to reset the tech tree(s) and grind again.

And now when I finally have the needed research points it is removed when it was an option from the beginning of the Research Bureau, WHY?

I believe it was WG's doing to limit the number of ppl who would use it to buy Smalland and other free exp ships like Alaska that are being removed which in my opinion is despicable and the community should protest against that and demand the return of this option to research bureau.

Best regards!

nope, so fxp is even harder to get so we should use wallet (we have another reason to use our wallets)

• Cool 1

Players
1,389 posts
16,545 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, 15JG52Robi sagte:

Never used it myself. I do know that some people traded their initial RP for FXP who didn't care about the RB at all, but I think only WG knows how big that target audience was. 

So honestly I don't care and I don't get the outcry. While I know that some of my fellow clan members don't care about reseting trees for RPs, I never heard from one of them that they miss that trading option. People in my clan either regrind lines for ships like Ohio or Siegfried, or they don't care about the bureau at all. 

[MIAO]
Players
1,506 posts
7,110 battles
5 minuti fa, Khaba_Gandalf ha scritto:

Never used it myself. I do know that some people traded their initial RP for FXP who didn't care about the RB at all, but I think only WG knows how big that target audience was. 

So honestly I don't care and I don't get the outcry. While I know that some of my fellow clan members don't care about reseting trees for RPs, I never heard from one of them that they miss that trading option. People in my clan either regrind lines for ships like Ohio or Siegfried, or they don't care about the bureau at all. 

wg said almost no one used it lol

[SINT]
Players
981 posts
21,778 battles

Converting RP into FXP is very inefficient. Even if you are not interested into RP and you don’t use FXP in the regrind effort its still less efficient then fe spamming a good scenarioweek. And that’s without taking into account the creditsink that is RP.

Only reason that wg might killed off the 250k FXP as a RP trade in is that some players after receiving their initial welcome bonus of 10k RP are like” f@ck this” I am buying me the one time 250k FXP and never going to look back... but even this sounds far stretched since what really is just 250k FXP...onetime.

[SV]
Players
1,098 posts
14,017 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Is spouting Trumpisms your new hobby?

careful politics are not allowed on this forum! 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
4 minutes ago, albin322 said:

careful politics are not allowed on this forum! 

Trumpism is a stylistic device, has nothing to do with politics.

[WG]
WG Staff
4,636 posts
4,417 battles
Před 2 hodinami jss78 řekl/a:

WG's invested in giving us the Research Bureau as a sort of an end-game content.

Personally, I think it's a HORRIBLE system. The last thing I'd ever choose to do is grind the tech tree AGAIN. From past conversations, I'm far from alone in feeling this way.

The reason the RP-->FreeXP conversion needed to go was it allowed us to sidestep the entire Research Bureau and convert the RP's to something useful in the "old" game economy. Good for us, not so good for WG's grand scheme.

Incorrect, we clearly stated, that this item was very unpopular and it was "activated" only by few players.

This allowed us to use that space for another items, new ships or to show UU a little bit more.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,868 posts
9,050 battles
2 hours ago, rimmer_the said:

2 hours ago, rimmer_the said:

It is Trump's manner of speaking. 

Players
487 posts
6,319 battles

Glad I used my RB points to get the 250k free xp while it was still possible. Wish the option were still there, though. That way I could get another 250k in two years (gathering RB points 400 a week adds up only slowly). Otherwise, they are pretty useless :(

Players
3,090 posts
17,533 battles
5 hours ago, jss78 said:

Playing Kitakaze and Akizuki never gets old.

Might aswell get some free RP along the way. Resetting and FXP to tier 5 cost around 50k FXP. With flags and camos it around 15 games in tier 7,8, and 25-30 in kitakaze for a full regrind.

• Cool 1

Players
1,274 posts
9,909 battles
34 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Playing Kitakaze and Akizuki never gets old.

Might aswell get some free RP along the way. Resetting and FXP to tier 5 cost around 50k FXP. With flags and camos it around 15 games in tier 7,8, and 25-30 in kitakaze for a full regrind.

Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy playing lots of ships from lower tiers in the tree. I usually keep those, and buy them the permacamos if I regard them "keepers".

Personally, I just dislike the concept of having to regrind the entire tree, and am not willing to do it. My whole approach to Warships (and many other games) is to minimize grinding, which in practice means having lots of premium ships (70'ish currently) and not grinding down trees very much -- and certainly never REgrinding them.

It's entirely possible that I'm an outlier and not the norm, in feeling this way. I was merely playing the devil's advocate here.

Players
3,090 posts
17,533 battles
21 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy playing lots of ships from lower tiers in the tree. I usually keep those, and buy them the permacamos if I regard them "keepers".

Personally, I just dislike the concept of having to regrind the entire tree, and am not willing to do it......

Yeah it's like WG selling us used content.

I'm sure it's completely by accident they made silver ships that are actually good and fun to play. Which is why they keep nerfind them (Jutland, Daring, now Kitakaze).

But for now I enjoy playing them and I dont have anymore silver lines to grind :Smile_coin:

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
19 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

So people have to buy dubs to convert XP to FXP before Småland goes away

Or just farm Free XP in game...

I bought Smaland ten days ago and still have over 3M Free XP left.

• Funny 1