kibolbugs43

Tier 7-8 Premium Ship

19 comments in this topic

Players
1 post

I wanted to buy a tier 7 or 8 premium (battleship or cruiser).

I mostly want the ship to grind some silver and have fun ofc. I was looking to buy one of the following (Scharnhorst , Prinz Eugen , Atago , Bayard or Massachusetts).

Any suggestions?

Players
1,751 posts
9,232 battles
4 hours ago, kibolbugs43 said:

I mostly want the ship to grind some silver and have fun ofc. I was looking to buy one of the following (Scharnhorst , Prinz Eugen , Atago , Bayard or Massachusetts).

Any suggestions?

Learn the game first before you start wasting your money.

If you know the game then you would know which to pick from that list.

Dont buy ships you dont understand and will just suck on.

Dont be another ARP Tomato

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ZEN]
Players
82 posts
2,148 battles

First in my mind... Buy Massachusetts and don't look back. 

But you need a good captain (at least lvl 15, maybe 17) to get the full benefit of the ship, don't forget that.

OR

you can wait and learn the game mechanics somewhat more.

Then buy some santa containers (whatever those are called) and get maybe more than one premium ship for the price of one (Luck factor included). 

OR buy the premium ship then.

While waiting, watch all the training videos (how it works) by wargaming. They are really great. 

Watch good streamers and learn the basics + advanced skills.

Especially learn to bow in or at least angling your ship.

Then when you have your T7-T8 ship you will be more then ready to play in it and will have a good captain to put on it (If you raised a captain in the same type and nation).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,186 posts
14,684 battles
6 hours ago, kibolbugs43 said:

Any suggestions?

Without being able to see your stats, it's impossible to comment intelligently, but some general pointers:

• If you're going to play against real people, generally only buy things of up to about the same tier as you've reached in silver ships.
  • Pick something that works well with one of your existing silver ships' captains.
  • You want something that you can reliably do lots of damage (relative damage, ideally) in, as that's the key reward driver.
  • Try and find something that will be fun for you; to get the most use/value out of premium ships, you need to play them repeatedly.

A small note: from your list, MA is going to be removed from the game (in a couple of months+); she's a good choice, if she ticks the bulk of the above list for you (assuming you use a tank captain in her, rather than a manly one).

• Cool 1

[DIV-S]
Players
1 post

I will just answer your question. 

T8 Tirpitz with a secondary build. It's a brain dead answer. It's not a difficult ship to master. And if you get your captain spec right and the ship equipment right it's a very fun ship and deadly. 

No one sails their Tirpz 1st time and gets a Kraken. It's takes some time but once you snap the Tirpz it's a brawler. And you can use that captain when you get your GK one day the ultimate gangsta ship. 

Players
2,532 posts

You don't need premium to farm silver... You need skill and understanding of the game.

You don't need premium to have fun... You need to find a ship that suits your playstyle and you are good with.

Play enough games and you won't have to ask questions like that. You will just know what you need.

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
1,146 battles

Massachusetts definitely! She is getting removed from the shop at the end of January, and is by far the best option out of those you listed.
Bayard is strong too, but as a light cruiser she is harder to play, which is why i went for the Massa when buying my first tier 8 premium i wanted something good to grind credits with but also forgiving to mistakes. A poorly positioned cruiser is just a free quick snack for the enemy.

[DREAD]
Players
10,240 posts
7,169 battles
Just now, Cheeky_chappie said:

Massachusetts definitely! She is getting removed from the shop at the end of January, and is by far the best option out of those you listed.

:Smile_trollface:

Massa is a decent pick. Very decent 

Players
2,075 posts
16,264 battles

Since you haven't played any battles yet, I'd suggest first checking out some guides and videos made by experienced players, to get an idea if this is a game you'll even want to invest in. If the answer is yes and you feel you're getting the basics down and doing ok, then research what lines you want to grind, and if you want to invest some money, get premium time to help with xp and credits.

Once you reach high tier and you learn to play in it better, then you can start thinking about what premium ship to get. Why not sooner, you might ask? For the following reasons:

- you won't really know what kinds of ships you like and what might work for you or not until you've invested some time and effort into the game, and

- there is no way a premium ship will be profitable for you if you just use it to jump into high tier with no prior experience. Remember, it's still possible to lose money even on premium ships if you don't perform - and you definitely won't if you skip ahead that way. Also worth remembering is that there's 11 other people on your team and now they have a lower chance of winning because having a player with no experience at all in high tier is even worse than having an afk ship (because you will likely cost them points by dying early).

Ignore all of the ship advice in this thread, especially regarding secondary build ships - they are not easy to play effectively (you need to know how and when to push in a ship that cannot disengage once committed, so it's a do or die sort of deal) and you need access to a captain with all 19 skill points, or close to that, which you won't have, in order to make that work.

Save your money and learn by grinding lines. Check different nations and classes. Take your time to learn as you go up. You'll have a better time and your teams will, too.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, Captain_Newman said:

Since you haven't played any battles yet, I'd suggest first checking out some guides and videos made by experienced players, to get an idea if this is a game you'll even want to invest in. If the answer is yes and you feel you're getting the basics down and doing ok, then research what lines you want to grind, and if you want to invest some money, get premium time to help with xp and credits.

Once you reach high tier and you learn to play in it better, then you can start thinking about what premium ship to get. Why not sooner, you might ask? For the following reasons:

- you won't really know what kinds of ships you like and what might work for you or not until you've invested some time and effort into the game, and

- there is no way a premium ship will be profitable for you if you just use it to jump into high tier with no prior experience. Remember, it's still possible to lose money even on premium ships if you don't perform - and you definitely won't if you skip ahead that way. Also worth remembering is that there's 11 other people on your team and now they have a lower chance of winning because having a player with no experience at all in high tier is even worse than having an afk ship (because you will likely cost them points by dying early).

Ignore all of the ship advice in this thread, especially regarding secondary build ships - they are not easy to play effectively (you need to know how and when to push in a ship that cannot disengage once committed, so it's a do or die sort of deal) and you need access to a captain with all 19 skill points, or close to that, which you won't have, in order to make that work.

Save your money and learn by grinding lines. Check different nations and classes. Take your time to learn as you go up. You'll have a better time and your teams will, too.

this^^

He is spot on here. Doesn't matter how well the ship can perform if you don't know how to play the game in that ship. All nations have different playstyles and features. find out what's best for you by playing them through the lines, things will get more difficult the higher you go so having a base knowledge of this game is ESENTIAL. You will not enjoy the game if you jump in to a environment where you have 100 games of protected MM results (mostly bots) against people who have played thousands of games....thousands.

Who would? 

[-TPF-]
Players
4,251 posts
17,764 battles

Don't. Buy a Tier VI -  a Dunkerque, Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Perth, T-61. You'll spend less, you'll get Premium bonuses, and these are all strong ships at a more accomodating tier. They also make good captain trainers for the main line (apart from Perth, but that's not her fault).

• Cool 1

Players
2,075 posts
16,264 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Don't. Buy a Tier VI -  a Dunkerque, Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Perth, T-61. You'll spend less, you'll get Premium bonuses, and these are all strong ships at a more accomodating tier. They also make good captain trainers for the main line (apart from Perth, but that's not her fault).

Tier 6 is in t8 games more often than not these days, not to mention it's infested by CV's. I really can't recommend any t6 premiums as a result.

• Cool 1

[NOWH]
Players
718 posts
5,870 battles

dont get a t8. those see t10 mm and all broken nonsense and imbalance of t10

a t7 can be used in some pve ops, but there is no guarantee you will find it fun.

you are better off finding out what sort of ships you are going to find fun via tech tree ships.

• Cool 2

[URUC]
Players
172 posts
Alle 26/11/2020 alle 06:37, kibolbugs43 ha scritto:

Any suggestions?

Do you really want to spend money?

If yes, do you really need one of those ships?

If yes,  Scharnorst and Prinz Eugen are good. 

I own Atago too, but sopped playing it months ago.

But before buying one check on youtube. Usually Flamu and Mountbatten do good explanations about what works why.

If you don't need one of these ships, check  T6 Dunkerque. You spend less and it's excellent for starters.

[_MO_]
Players
42 posts
1,799 battles

Grind the lines. Is better and more fun. 

Don't rush yourself to go up in tier or credits. You will end up bored because of grind. Low tiers are fun also, not to mention is more fun cause of balance. 

Take your time and buy one ship of every class . If it work for you continue the line. If it not change region or class. 

Play the game and have fun and will come to you. 

With that been said if you really want to buy a premium , go for Scharnhorst. Is very good and very forgiving while you will have a great fun with it cause is like a swiss knife...

[TOHOU]
Players
63 posts
3,585 battles

i would reccomend Massa , because it will be removed from the shop soon and is really a nice ship to play and the credit value per match on it is pretty nice too

Also Scharnhorst is quite nice , plays like  heavy cruiser with 20 sec reload on Main Guns , has torps - which tend to get destroyed alot

• Cool 1

[D_G]
Players
13 posts
426 battles
On 11/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, kibolbugs43 said:

Any suggestions?

Figure out the playstyle you like most and select based on that. I spent my time grinding towards the British fast BB line (KIng George V), so now that I came back to game seriously, I bought Vanguard. However, I still play lower-tier battleships and cruisers, cruisers because I like playing them, and battleships for a change of pace (when I want to be bored during the game, which is rare but happens). The reason I bought Vanguard was because grinding was taking fun out of the game. Now that I have a ship I like, everything else comes easy: learning, practice; I don't even feel frustration when I screw up.

However, based on both my own experiences and the advice I have received (I am a "restart noob", came back to the game after a few years of pause), I wouldn't use that ship in PvP until I reach its tier by accumulating experience. Use it in coop, when you need to relax, and meanwhile advance slowly through the main line.