Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Halifax

Henri needs it's acceleration readjusted

37 comments in this topic

[NOFUN]
Players
31 posts
17,362 battles

As the title states.  Un nerf or atleast change the acceleration parameter on the Henri.  Speed boost active and the thing crawls up in speed worst than a BB.  This used to be a fun ship to play.  It has been collecting dust in my port ever since the nerf.  I really would like to take it out again, but alas WG has to pander to the lowest skilled players in the game instead of having them learn how to deal with something

• Cool 15

[THESO]
Players
4,353 posts
1 hour ago, HMCS_Halifax said:

As the title states.  Un nerf or atleast change the acceleration parameter on the Henri.  Speed boost active and the thing crawls up in speed worst than a BB.  This used to be a fun ship to play.  It has been collecting dust in my port ever since the nerf.  I really would like to take it out again, but alas WG has to pander to the lowest skilled players in the game instead of having them learn how to deal with something

Agreed. The ship needs some love.

Unfortunately its gonns take another 2,3 years if I judge on the status of Khabarovsk.

• Cool 6

Players
364 posts
4 hours ago, HMCS_Halifax said:

French cruisers aren't allowed to be good...

[CAIN]
Players
4,648 posts
19,740 battles

Despite that accel nerf, it's still a very good ship. The nerf was justified, which makes it one of the very rare times, WGs balans dept. did something right for a change.

The only love the French CA line should receive is in the camo department. Cause the frakin awful perma camos are hurting my eyes, even tho they might be historically accurate.

• Cool 3

Players
6,817 posts
11,201 battles
4 hours ago, HMCS_Halifax said:

Speed boost active and the thing crawls up in speed worst than a BB. 

Not true

19 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

French cruisers aren't allowed to be good...

They are? Some of them are straight OP to this day, compared to other nations on that tier.

And Henri is fine, still one of the best T10 cruisers. The accelaration was annoying and rightfully needed to go. I personally hardly ever absused that technique so for me, nothing has has ever changed. Still one of my go-to-cruisers in any mode.

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,648 posts
19,740 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Not true

They are? Some of them are straight OP to this day, compared to other nations on that tier.

And Henri is fine, still one of the best T10 cruisers. The accelaration was annoying and rightfully needed to go. I personally hardly ever absused that technique so for me, nothing has has ever changed. Still one of my go-to-cruisers in any mode.

Yep, starting with TVII the line is amazing and gets better with each ship.

And being so strong or even OP, was the main reason why I picked French, Italian and Russian CAs as the first lines I got to TX on my "filthy statpedding try hard" account.

With great success.

• Funny 1

[UA-NF]
Players
423 posts
7,359 battles
Vor 55 Minuten, Jethro_Grey sagte:

Yep, starting with TVII the line is amazing and gets better with each ship.

Algerie is amazing? It's my forth or fifth cruiser line and it feels like the worst one... Stopped at Algerie, even though I have permacamos for entire line

[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
3 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

Algerie is amazing? It's my forth or fifth cruiser line and it feels like the worst one... Stopped at Algerie, even though I have permacamos for entire line

CM is straightup OP in my book.

St louis is slightly worse, as its essentially the same ship but a tier higher (with heal).

Henri has bigger caliber guns which are lethal against RN CLs, Smolensk and Colbert. Also with the speedboost, you can rush down DDs and MBRB is awesome.

I didnt like Algerie either, but after that they are great.

[CAIN]
Players
4,648 posts
19,740 battles
23 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

Yes. Not as amazing as Zara, but damn close.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

I rebought Algerie after I played Zara as it had gotten MBRB since I first grinded it. Felt mediocre. Sluggish if not on speed boost, dpm is okish, but nothing special, armour is kinda questionable despite 25 mm buff. It just feels like it should be better with MBRB and a speed boost, but I guess it is still very balanced. And there's still strong T7 CAs like Zara, Myoko and even Yorck after all the buffs. Would rate Algerie on par with ships like NO and Surrey.

CM I did not like and while some of it is maybe up to my player skill, I wouldn't call it OP either. Less situational than the Albemarle, stronger than Hipper, would still pick Amalfi over it. Baltimore is strong too.

Saint Louis, basically a repeat with repairs now and more range. Certainly not bad. I actually enjoyed that one. Can be very strong, would say it can beat Ibuki and maybe Roon, but wouldn't rate it over the Brindisi, Buffalo or Drake.

• Cool 1

[NOFUN]
Players
31 posts
17,362 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Not true

Except it is. I just played it in a co op yesterday.  From spawn, hit the boost and full ahead.  It crawls from 0 knots and doesn't really pick up speed until it passes 25 knots.

Players
2,261 posts
14,098 battles

I personally hate how it is loosing a speed in turns and then it's a bit too long to get back to speed making kitting slower than I would like. Never abused W/S before the nerf and I don't miss it. 

Players
364 posts
10 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Not true

Hmmm,  I have seen a Hipper on top of the scoreboard but never a CM. I'll accept that opinions on the line vary a lot. They do seem rarer than most other nation's cruisers. 

[SWAMP]
Players
564 posts
3,382 battles

I can manage with the engine mod tbh. Though what I generally dislike with the Henri is that it's a very low-impact type of cruiser. Great for slinging HE at long ranges for sure, but that's hardly impactful.

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles

Dunno. Just finished the LU grind, the acceleration feels ok. You can still duke with accel, just not from 0 knots.

• Cool 1

Players
642 posts
14,701 battles
8 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Dunno. Just finished the LU grind, the acceleration feels ok. You can still duke with accel, just not from 0 knots.

Agree french ships are all about that speed maintenance. Personally I enjoyed playing them and find them somewhat challenging to play against. They are probably the number 1 reason I began spacing my shots rather then double tapping for full salvos.A well played Henri can do amazing things.

Players
6,817 posts
11,201 battles
6 hours ago, Hirohito said:

Though what I generally dislike with the Henri is that it's a very low-impact type of cruiser. Great for slinging HE at long ranges for sure, but that's hardly impactful.

oO Henri can have huge impact on the game. You can run down DDs in late game without any assistence, you can yolo rush even full health BBs and island camping cruisers like DM and send them back to port faster then they can turn their turrets. The AP is absolutly awesome - if you use Henri to spam HE from long range all the time, im afraid to tell you, you are doing it wrong... just a small example:

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,996 posts

IMO Henry should get 40 mm deck and perhaps skirts (she doesnt have any real plate beneath it anyways unlike say Venezia) and she should be lowered in water a bit, otherwise its ok-ish, its the new 18" armed BB flood what makes her largely an obsolete choice due to overmatching her everywhere and then straight into the cit and she is a big target...

• Cool 2

[SWAMP]
Players
564 posts
3,382 battles
4 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

oO Henri can have huge impact on the game. You can run down DDs in late game without any assistence, you can yolo rush even full health BBs and island camping cruisers like DM and send them back to port faster then they can turn their turrets. The AP is absolutly awesome - if you use Henri to spam HE from long range all the time, im afraid to tell you, you are doing it wrong... just a small example:

I see I should have been more clear - the Henri is unimpactful for a long time into the game.
I agree that it is great to run down DDs and charge ships in the late game, but what I meant about "unimpactful" is that it doesn't really have much impact in getting into a favourable late game.
I prefer my DDs these days for having battle influence, and unfortunately haven't touched the Henri for a long time, which is a shame - she was my first TX cruiser after all.

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
30 minutes ago, Hirohito said:

I see I should have been more clear - the Henri is unimpactful for a long time into the game.
I agree that it is great to run down DDs and charge ships in the late game, but what I meant about "unimpactful" is that it doesn't really have much impact in getting into a favourable late game.
I prefer my DDs these days for having battle influence, and unfortunately haven't touched the Henri for a long time, which is a shame - she was my first TX cruiser after all.

How is this ship unimpactful? It has speedboost that allows swift repositioning to a spot where you have the most impact. The reload booster allows you to punish mistakes easily. You have good fire chance to burn BBs, your AP is amazing against broadsides.

Sure, if all you do is sit bow in in one spot and spam HE this ship will have little impact. But well, then you are playing the ship wrong.

[SWAMP]
Players
564 posts
3,382 battles
5 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

How is this ship unimpactful? It has speedboost that allows swift repositioning to a spot where you have the most impact. The reload booster allows you to punish mistakes easily. You have good fire chance to burn BBs, your AP is amazing against broadsides.

Sure, if all you do is sit bow in in one spot and spam HE this ship will have little impact. But well, then you are playing the ship wrong.

I am not here to argue the finer details of the ship in the early game (and please do stop putting words in my mouth), I'm just saying I find her rather unimpactful compared to when I do my DD things.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

IMO Henry should get 40 mm deck and perhaps skirts (she doesnt have any real plate beneath it anyways unlike say Venezia) and she should be lowered in water a bit, otherwise its ok-ish, its the new 18" armed BB flood what makes her largely an obsolete choice due to overmatching her everywhere and then straight into the cit and she is a big target...

French Cruisers have layered armor, Henri has 140mm IIRC inside. If you remove most armor except the outer layer and look from the inside, you can see that. WIthout that, it would be kinda OP as BBs would always overpen it :cap_haloween:

1 hour ago, Hirohito said:

I dont see a difference to other Openwater CAs like Hindi and Zao. Venezia it depends, as you can take a bigger risk and close in on the cap to help kill a DD, but you still need someone to spot that DD in the first place.

[SWAMP]
Players
564 posts
3,382 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont see a difference to other Openwater CAs like Hindi and Zao. Venezia it depends, as you can take a bigger risk and close in on the cap to help kill a DD, but you still need someone to spot that DD in the first place.

I don't have the Zao or Hindenburg so I can't make any comparison there unfortunately.
I just find that the open water shooting is rather unimpactful, and while I try to use her a bit closer to snipe of any DD with the reaload booster (or a broadside cruiser), that can be very risky with Henri since she is as big as a small BB and really needs that room to maneuver, as well as that terrible concealment working against her.
Dunno, maybe I'd actually like the Zao more - I do like ships with good concealment to bully unsuspecting targets, like I often do in my Daring and Thunderer.

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
1 hour ago, Hirohito said:

I am not here to argue the finer details of the ship in the early game (and please do stop putting words in my mouth), I'm just saying I find her rather unimpactful compared to when I do my DD things.

Finer details? If you call those things finer details then yeah, HIV has 0 impact.

Btw, then a CV comes along and your DD has 0 impact. Far less of an issue for the HIV.

Sign in to follow this