Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curesto

What's the Secondary Build?

38 comments in this topic

Players
50 posts
613 battles

Hi, new player. I don't know what Secondary Build means. I think it's about secondary battery.

What's the Secondary build?

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles

A secondary build means that you are choosing upgrades (not modules) on your ship that improve range and dispersion of your secondary battery over other upgrades (aiming, Turret traverse) which are usually considered to be the general choice. 

You can allocate captain skills in combination with secondary boosting upgrades to make it even more effective. 

Captain skills which improve the performance of your secondary battery are Basic firing training, advanced firing training, manual secondaries. 

• Cool 3

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
133 posts
10,698 battles

Basically it is currently good for memes, apart Pommern, that thing has main battery just for occasional spray and pray :D but those secondaries can be mean :D 

But on other hand, sevondary specced BBs are currently most fun you can have with your pants on, until fun police arrives :D 

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 hours ago, Kpt_Silas said:

But on other hand, sevondary specced BBs are currently most fun you can have with your pants on, until fun police arrives :D 

Personal preferences may differ.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
3 hours ago, Curesto said:

I don't know what Secondary Build means.

It's application is the only Right and Proper way of building and playing the KM BBs (plus a couple of other noble ships); scientific studies have shown that this approach to WOWS is the equivalent of eating at least 1 kg of raw steak, and increases one's manliness by 100%.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[ONE2]
Players
3,120 posts
23,173 battles

There are some BB's in which a secondary build can work well. In general, German BB's from tier 8 upwards. French BB's tier 9 and 10. Massachusetts, Georgia and a few others (forgot which, I do not play much BB but the others can help you with that). Also choose the ship you put it on VERY carefully, not just any BB will perform well in this role. You will have to make the decision ultimately on which ship it would be the best for but keep in mind, it will require its own totally different playstyle. :Smile_izmena:

You cannot play secondary specced BB just like any other. It will require practice and that you choose just the right moment for your brawling, do it too early and you will surely die without accomplishing anything. Forget sniping, it is not going to work, develop a very good situational awareness and eye for seizing the right moment to make your move. Used right this can be a very deadly and powerful build, but try to Yolo early on and disappointment will follow. A lot will depend on your own, your team's and the enemy's positioning and how the rest of the team generally plays. :cap_old:

Also keep in mind, secondary spec is exclusively for CLOSE COMBAT so your practical effective range will be 10-12km, therefore do not try to take on too many enemies at the same time. At those ranges, even Cruisers can do a lot of damage and torpedoes are always a menace - As a DD/Cruiser player, I have torpedoed countless Bismarcks, who just rushed ahead heedless of their surroundings in order to get close enough to use their secondaries, just don't be that guy. Remember that if your secondaries can reach them, then someone else's torps can also reach you - That is the chance you will have to take (admitted, you can always avoid/evade, if you plan your move properly though... IN ADVANCE !!!):Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

Players
575 posts
26,530 battles

For a Secondary Build you need: Secondary Battery Modification 2 in Slot 3 (+20% Range)  and the Mike Yankee Soxisix Flag (+5% Range and - 5% Dispersion), as well as the following Captain Skills.

Advanged Firing Traing (+20% Range),

and Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament (Secondary Guns become more acurate but you have to click on the Target before they open fire).

Optional are also the following Skills:

Basic Firing Traing (-10% Secondary Battery Reload Time),

Secondary Battery Modification 3 in Slot 6 (-20% Secondary Battery Reload Time) but I prefer Main Battery Modification 3 (-12% Main Battery Reload Time and -13% Turret Traverse Speed)

Inertia Fuse for He Shells (gives your He Shells more Pen but lowers the Fire Change. Can be usefull for some Secondary Guns) but you may want to use Concealment Expert or Fire Prevention instead.

Secondary Builds are used on Ships with Good Armor and a High Base Range for the Secondaries.

You play in close Support with other Ships and tank Damage for them. If the Situation allows it you can sail close to the Enemy and let the Secondaries rain Fear and Terror on the Enemy and also do extra Damage.

A Bismarck has 7,5 Km Base Range on the Secondaries, but you can Increase that to 11,3 Km.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,418 posts

Its a massive trade-off between secondary focused build and survivability focused build (also known as Tank build). Btw... never take "Survivability expert skill" on anything else than destroyers.... Worth mentioning.

Imho secondary build is not worth it nowdays.... maybe after the captain skills rework.

[NWP]
Players
2,992 posts
17,341 battles
8 hours ago, Kpt_Silas said:

Basically it is currently good for memes, apart Pommern, that thing has main battery just for occasional spray and pray :D but those secondaries can be mean :D 

Massa would like to have a word with you, as does Mikase 

[THESO]
Players
4,418 posts
3 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

How much has the IFHE nerf effected Massachusetts?

I dont own the ship myself, but I'm curious...

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
133 posts
10,698 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

Do not have Massa, but unlike germans, she has several things which helps her to do secondary spec much more viable - accuracy of secondaries, reload of secondaries, faster heal and reparir. Germans on the other hand, must heavily invest almost all points into secondaries, to make them workable (ifhe on top for maximum meme farming) but then they are very fragile in survability bracket. 

And Mikasa, that might be good only by farming noobs or bots, but getting into 3 km with that brick, that is just pure pain. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,020 posts
13,520 battles
2 hours ago, pra3y said:

A propose that a new subsection called "Curesto Asks"  be opened :Smile_veryhappy:

I thought there was already a 'newcomers section' part of the forum where a number of questions being raised may already have answers.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
4 hours ago, pra3y said:

A propose that a new subsection called "Curesto Asks"  be opened :Smile_veryhappy:

Be nice - it's splendid that at least some people find their way here in search of spiritual guidance; it's a shame it's not more...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
5 hours ago, Kpt_Silas said:

Do not have Massa, but unlike germans, she has several things which helps her to do secondary spec much more viable - accuracy of secondaries, reload of secondaries, faster heal and reparir. Germans on the other hand, must heavily invest almost all points into secondaries, to make them workable (ifhe on top for maximum meme farming) but then they are very fragile in survability bracket. 

You need ManSec and AFT. 8 whole points. Still allows for FP or CE. You don't need EM, as turrets already turn. You don't need IFHE, because you already pen more than any other line. Taking BFT for 10% reload bonus on a secondary armament is never the difference between when the build is viable or not. Get the extra heal and extra hydro and you are better off.

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

How much has the IFHE nerf effected Massachusetts?

I dont own the ship myself, but I'm curious...

Well, it prevents dealing damage to T8+ heavy cruisers hulls, especially in central section where secondaries aim anyway.

But, given my own experience in Georgia and Massa, secondaries on those (assuming full Secondary spec) work best at their long range and against "bowtanking" targets - (in)famous US Dual Purpose Mortar steep trajectory actually results in substantial number of superstructure hits against BBs past 10km. Massa and especially Georgia have excellent forward firing arc on secondary battery, allowing them to effectively bowtank themselves and still have 4/10 secondary barrels firing, while all 10 barrels open up before you can bring rear turret to bear.  

The same secondaries become TOO accurate below 6km and land most of the shells on armored belt/torpedo belt and on amidship, reducing amount of fires they can trigger. On upside, they are absolutely disgusting against destroyers at those distances.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,020 posts
13,520 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Be nice - it's splendid that at least some people find their way here in search of spiritual guidance; it's a shame it's not more...

But they've ignored the 'newcomers' part of the forum where there may be already these questions raised (there is bound to be give the number of threads they are starting).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,218 posts
14,728 battles
20 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

But they've ignored the 'newcomers' part of the forum where there may be already these questions raised (there is bound to be give the number of threads they are starting).

True, but I'll take that any day over the thirty-something percenter who torped me (his own side, obviously) in his ARP Atago clone the other evening!

Besides which, there's far fewer people who reply to threads in Newcomers.

Players
50 posts
613 battles

Hi, i want to be sure if my Gneisenau Secondary build is correct or wrong. It has 7.6 KM range without flags. With flags it extends to 8.0 KM.

Thanks in advance.

Upgrades:

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_26_18_14_43_541.thumb.png.d55aaf7847f6b16618bcd79b47b5eb1f.png

Captain Skills:

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_26_18_14_54_991.thumb.png.b93464d22cc48fbb3ed566c1462d50e3.png

[KAKE]
Players
2,742 posts
6,714 battles
10 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Btw... never take "Survivability expert skill" on anything else than destroyers.... Worth mentioning.

Eh. It's not as if Minotaur really needs those skill points for much else anyway.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
9 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

It will be a rather short term fun without the extra heal instead of a meager 10% faster reload...

This. SI is way better than a 10% reload bonus. Also, take Adrenaline Rush instead of EM, your turrets turn fast enough.

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Eh. It's not as if Minotaur really needs those skill points for much else anyway.

Imagine not taking TAE instead to get more stealth torps off...

/s

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,418 posts
12 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Imagine not taking TAE instead to get more stealth torps off...

/s

1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Idk... my Mino has neither.

But its not my fav ship :/

Screenshot_20201126-181046.png

Screenshot_20201126-180926.png

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this