You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST 0.10.0, Lunar New Year, Brawls, and other news.. (DB 101)

34 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,764 posts
4,038 battles

Hi,

Closed testing of Update 0.10.0 is starting: celebration of the Lunar New Year, Brawls, and other news.

Read more

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 5

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Really an Pan-Asian Akizuki and now a Pan Asian Alsace and a Pan Asian CV!!!!!!! HELL NO

Fen Yang at least was real. It was Yoizuki that was handed over to the RoC after WWII as part of the disarmament of Japan and reparations to the Allies. So don't group it with this ahistoric trash.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,868 posts
3,538 battles
13 minuti fa, HaachamaShipping ha scritto:

Fen Yang at least was real. It was Yoizuki that was handed over to the RoC after WWII as part of the disarmament of Japan and reparations to the Allies. So don't group it with this ahistoric trash.

sure, i know.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,735 posts
21,125 battles

At least the optics are, Asian. :cap_tea:

The pope hat on the CV looks silly though.

• Funny 2

Players
393 posts

Pan-Asian Tier VIII aircraft carrier Sanzang (analogue of Saipan)

Wait, what? WHAT?

Looks at picture ...

WHAT UNGODLY ABOMINATION IS THIS? THIS LOOKS LIKE SOME KIND OF NOODLES CUP!

• Funny 7

Players
1,383 posts
16,531 battles

Okay, so pretty much we get the same kind of event next year that spawned Bajie & Co this year and Irian & Co before that. Which going with the usual trend and seeing that there are again regular and premium crates most likely means gambling of some kind...

...Which at least to me explains why Fen Yang was hit with the usual PA nerf hammer of epic proportions. Can't be good if people may end up being lucky pulling it out of a single crate for small bucks...

Oh and maybe I'm not weeb enough (which I doubt given that I play AL and have tons of AL/HSF/ARP stuff on my WoWs account), but most of the camos are either fugly as hell ( the fried noodle box saipan) or boring repeat of Irian style camo (Fen Yang)...

BTW: given how Sanzang and her captain looks (+the background of the name itself): Will the ship at least give off a buddhist chant like Buddham Sharanam Gacchami when one hits the horn button? :Smile_trollface:

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles
23 minutes ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

Okay, so pretty much we get the same kind of event next year that spawned Bajie & Co this year and Irian & Co before that. Which going with the usual trend and seeing that there are again regular and premium crates most likely means gambling of some kind...

...Which at least to me explains why Fen Yang was hit with the usual PA nerf hammer of epic proportions. Can't be good if people may end up being lucky pulling it out of a single crate for small bucks...

Oh and maybe I'm not weeb enough (which I doubt given that I play AL and have tons of AL/HSF/ARP stuff on my WoWs account), but most of the camos are either fugly as hell ( the fried noodle box saipan) or boring repeat of Irian style camo (Fen Yang)...

BTW: given how Sanzang and her captain looks (+the background of the name itself): Will the ship at least give off a buddhist chant like Buddham Sharanam Gacchami when one hits the horn button? :Smile_trollface:

None of it is weeb (whatever that means), these are basically traditional and sterotypical styles and things found in various asian countries (a lot of Chinese and Thailand themes i see), but yeah even im not a fan of them, also the shading just looks bloody weird on the head pieces at the front, only the dd seems reasonable too be honest.

Oh well, we can expect a pan-Asian CV and BB line soon i guess.

[DREAD]
Players
10,228 posts
7,164 battles
Just now, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I just hope Siliwangi is on sale again this time, no interest in these comical premiums...

Fascinating to see a second person around being interested in Siliwangi :cap_wander_2:

• Cool 1

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles
7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Fascinating to see a second person around being interested in Siliwangi :cap_wander_2:

Im also fascinated to finally see sanzang make it into the game, remember how she spanked the entire japanese and fijiian fleets during the battle of the smoll islands 1852?

Me great grand son told me about it.

Hope they can add in miss Chengdu as a tier 11 BB prem, with her massive 605mm guns nothing will survive her!

• Funny 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,017 posts
30,822 battles

no.thumb.jpg.f848e76c389a0f0e6a3bb4785163f13f.jpg

Thanks but no, i would prefer the video would not play. As it was previously possible to deactivate.

• Cool 4

[-TPF-]
Players
4,223 posts
17,668 battles
18 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I just hope Siliwangi is on sale again this time, no interest in these comical premiums...

Well, it was quite an interesting ship. And the transfer of Soviet ships to the Indonesian Navy was real, unlike some of these odd things. I can't imagine the French giving an Asian nation a battleship at any point post WW2. The Carrier is quite nice, but it should probably have been British, as they sold those things off to anyone who wanted them in the 1950s. Could have had an Indian Majestic class with Sea Hawks....

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,129 posts
11,146 battles

WG truly understands its European market.
Instead of introducing ships from great European seafaring nations like the Netherlands and Spain, and adding renown (pun intended) ships from existing nations like the UK, they pump out copy pasta ships with Asian culture themes, and advertises it proudly.

Honestly, it would be difficult to be more off target, even if WG's marketing team's life depended on it.

• Cool 4

[OCTO]
Players
1,223 posts
27,851 battles

Really? Abandoned any pretence of reality. Not even a napkin design... But hey, lets try to get those Asians to spend...

3 Idiots Meme Templates - Indian Meme Templates

[OCTO]
Players
1,223 posts
27,851 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, principat121 said:

How-to-make-easy-profit 101:

1. take an existing ship
  2. CTRL+C
  3. CTRL+V
  4. add new, fancy camo
  5. $$$ Profit $$$

Don't know about that. As more serious players lose any interest in buying a ship in a Pikachu ships infested  game which is supposed to be about "Realism, beauty, atmosphere and attention to detail"  (as per WoWs website) 

[R3B3L]
Players
1,017 posts
30,822 battles
2 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

supposed to be about "Realism, beauty, atmosphere and attention to detail"  (as per WoWs website) 

wat :Smile_veryhappy:

I didn´t know they added this generic marketing blab description at some point.

To be fair; the ships look gorgeous. But that´s where it starts and ends.

[-MCD-]
Players
54 posts
8,961 battles

when WG first started marking chinese new year and other important momements of the asian calander, i thought it was a nice change of style and palette.

But as time has passed, there has been something about each passing year's game content that i have felt uncomfortable with, but unable to articulate why.

But this year i realise now whats bothering me. While the lunar new year is something i want marked in WOWs, what i dont want is the event to devolve from a themed event to a pastiche, to what is now quite insulting. I have both family heritage and contemporary family in hong kong and theme WG now uses is so over the top, i feel like WG is making a gaudy joke of my heritage.

Couple this with their pathetic copy and paste pan asian premiums, with gaudy camos and commanders, and im really turned off by this content and the attached event.

To be honest, i find the art depicting other regions national identities just as gaudy and over the top. Such as the french premium camos, the various US camos and freedom camos, the British over embleshiments of medieval symbolism, Even some of the german camos.

Ultimately I now no longer feel that WG are catering to a multinational community base, instead using their own biases on various parts of the world to create content that feels like an in joke regarding their contempt for other cultures different from their own.

So if you cant be respectful WG, dont do it at all.

• Cool 6