You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

How I pass on my losses - breaking the mould

8 comments in this topic

Players
1,752 posts
9,245 battles

Sometimes you start playing wows and you get a loss on your favorite ship usually the ship you play with on the first game. You pick this ship because you know "historically" you do well in it and thus you should be able to repeat that pattern?

Well its not always the case even if you pick a random ship, your chances of getting a loss the first game are high.

The first game for me is the most important of the session as it sets the tone for that ship, Most issues I have with a loss on the first game is that this usually is followed by another loss.

The trouble I have had in the past is that I would just keep playing the same ship again and again, in the hope I will get a different team and thus better odds of winning.

I find though this is usually a flawed concept especially if as me you now consider that ship to be cursed for the rest of the session.

Thus  in order to break the chain, I now change ship / shiptype as soon as I get a loss on one.

It might that day, that CLs were just not doing it for you. Maybe you will have a chance on BCs, BCs not working switch to a secondary spec BB. Secondary BB not working out, switch to a standard BB you are good in.

Standard BB not working, log off.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,876 posts
9,059 battles
24 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

your chances of getting a loss the first game are high is (1 - YOUR_WR)

Here, fixed it for you.

• Funny 1

Players
1,752 posts
9,245 battles
8 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Here, fixed it for you.

Actually it should be 0.5 then as that is my WR, but since I am pessimistic it is higher than that but less than one.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Actually it should be 0.5 then as that is my WR, but since I am pessimistic it is higher than that but less than one.

That is your personal problem.

As you explained yourself, attitude influences battles. With a negative attitude you loose more.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,752 posts
9,245 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

As you explained yourself, attitude influences battles. With a negative attitude you loose more.

Can you blame one with the quality on this server?

I negate such interactions by switching ships

[MIAO]
Players
1,520 posts
7,205 battles
49 minuti fa, ___V_E_N_O_M___ ha scritto:

Sometimes you start playing wows and you get a loss on your favorite ship usually the ship you play with on the first game. You pick this ship because you know "historically" you do well in it and thus you should be able to repeat that pattern?

Well its not always the case even if you pick a random ship, your chances of getting a loss the first game are high.

The first game for me is the most important of the session as it sets the tone for that ship, Most issues I have with a loss on the first game is that this usually is followed by another loss.

The trouble I have had in the past is that I would just keep playing the same ship again and again, in the hope I will get a different team and thus better odds of winning.

I find though this is usually a flawed concept especially if as me you now consider that ship to be cursed for the rest of the session.

Thus  in order to break the chain, I now change ship / shiptype as soon as I get a loss on one.

It might that day, that CLs were just not doing it for you. Maybe you will have a chance on BCs, BCs not working switch to a secondary spec BB. Secondary BB not working out, switch to a standard BB you are good in.

Standard BB not working, log off.:Smile_trollface:

to be honest, i don't agree with anything you said (just the last line), because it's Royal Naval Gunnery (RNG) and Mega Monstrus (match making) deciding your fate..

(a halo 2 line modified by me)

RNG will decide your fate, sea will have your corpse! (original line: the council will decide your fate, the prophets will have their corpse!)

srsly, it's random, not until there is someone capable of wiping out the entire enemy team doing 12 kills

[MIAO]
Players
1,520 posts
7,205 battles
14 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

you tend to lose more as far as i saw (afais)

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Can you blame one with the quality on this server?

I negate such interactions by switching ships

That has nothing to do with blame. It is just a fact.

55 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

you tend to lose more as far as i saw (afais)

As a super unicum? Yes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1