You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KayaYautja

What is going on?

57 comments in this topic

[-WB-]
Players
11 posts
3,605 battles

It's not even 8 AM yet and I've already had half a dozen blow out matches thanks to AFK's, Lemons, charging CV's and Battleships that run for J10 or A1. Every. Single. Match. The level of idiocy is astounding. I swear it didn't used to be like this. What happened?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles

What did you expect with players that are half awake or eating breakfast while watching morning TV?

• Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
374 posts
1 hour ago, KayaYautja said:

It's not even 8 AM yet and I've already had half a dozen blow out matches thanks to AFK's, Lemons, charging CV's and Battleships that run for J10 or A1. Every. Single. Match. The level of idiocy is astounding. I swear it didn't used to be like this. What happened?

You put your nostalgia glasses on before 8 AM. Honestly, This thread deserves the replies it gets, and for once, I agree with all of them. 

Players
3,289 posts
19,956 battles

The game gets the players it deserves. My guess, players are here for the resources, not for actual gameplay. 

• Cool 1

[-STD-]
Players
10 posts
970 battles

Thinking there would be actual competitive play at 8AM on the EU server is straight up lunacy. Everyone just woke up, give it a few hours and try again.

Players
1,940 posts
13,599 battles

There was a time, an almost mythical one, back in the good ol' days when players were much better because they all had a love for ships and they really, really wanted to learn the mechanics of a great game and now we have a dumbed down mess for kids on holidays or drunken adults on furlough.

Or summat.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,952 posts
12,862 battles
8 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

There was a time, an almost mythical one, back in the good ol' days when players were much better because they all had a love for ships and they really, really wanted to learn the mechanics of a great game and now we have a dumbed down mess for kids on holidays or drunken adults on furlough.

Or summat.

Not really, back in closed beta we were all equally crap. As time goes the skillgap widenes between good and bad players, especially now when you can grind to T9-T10 in one day or just buy yourself in, instead grinding 50 games to get the Izumo B hull... 

• Cool 1

[SFT]
Players
238 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, KayaYautja sagte:

Thats the "new" player base WG wants to have in this game, since they are (more) "milk-able" than all the veterans, that already left the game.

• Cool 2

Players
1,940 posts
13,599 battles
7 minutes ago, kfa said:

Not really, back in closed beta we were all equally crap. As time goes the skillgap widenes between good and bad players, especially now when you can grind to T9-T10 in one day or just buy yourself in, instead grinding 50 games to get the Izumo B hull... 

It was really a tongue in cheek comment, I'm past trying to argue every day and twice on Sundays that the playerbase was never really that good.

7 minutes ago, TunaRoll said:

Thats the "new" player base WG wants to have in this game, since they are (more) "milk-able" than all the veterans, that already left the game.

Edit. Seems I'm not past trying.

The new players of today will be the veterans in two years time, just as I'm a veteran now and I sucked back when I started playing this game. Eventually, I'll also leave this game. So will they. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing to see here.

(Oh no!, I've done it again and I swore never to argue about this again)

Players
2,074 posts
16,227 battles

Bad gameplay and overall terrible teams excuses:

8AM-10AM: everyone just woke up, try later.

10AM-16PM: lots of newbies at home playing because of COVID lockdowns.

16PM-23PM: Kids came back from school, dads came back from work, ofc teams suck.

23PM-8AM: Late night ships?!! You crazy?!!!!1!!1!!?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
28,175 posts
14,910 battles
3 minutes ago, Big_Daddy5 said:

It is called the death of one game, all players left, only bots and potatoes remain :cap_cool:

People see the death of WoWs around the next corner for over 5 years now...

Game is still kicking.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[MIAO]
Players
1,507 posts
7,110 battles
Proprio ora, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Game is still kicking.

of new players as far as i saw

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,184 posts
11,528 battles
Just now, arquata2019 said:

of new players as far as i saw

Even better for the game then. New players are usually the ones having less premiums and highest potential to spend more money. 

[MIAO]
Players
1,507 posts
7,110 battles
Proprio ora, Zuihou_Kai ha scritto:

Even better for the game then. New players are usually the ones having less premiums and highest potential to spend more money. 

they're rich, but brainless

-one my teammates in battle chat

[MIAO]
Players
1,507 posts
7,110 battles
1 minuto fa, lossi_2018 ha scritto:

new players, be patient, they get better with time, then quit and new players take their place etc

loop

• Cool 1

Players
3,289 posts
19,956 battles
41 minutes ago, SDRS_Meister said:

Thinking there would be actual competitive play at 8AM on the EU server is straight up lunacy. Everyone just woke up, give it a few hours and try again.

Fixed. You're welcome.

Players
618 posts
1,927 battles

There was a Starship static fire last night and a Falcon9 launch at 02:00 utc this morning. Falcon9 was on launch & landing number 7.

That is why everyone was still in bed.....

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,538 posts
9,535 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Game is still kicking.

Well, the quality of the game certainly died

• Cool 1