Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Chiv

So I Unlocked the Agir

17 comments in this topic

Players
670 posts
14,738 battles

When it comes to "supercruisers I love them. They sit at a nice balance point for me between Cruiser and BB. I loved the Alaska and I was shocked at how FUNNY and sometimes OP the Kron can be(when the gods of dispersion smile on you). So today I got the Agir and I was kinda shocked by it. This little ship, and it is little compared to other supercruisers, I would have to say it is surprisingly decent. Alaska is still king of the t9 supercruisers without a doubt but this ship can take a beating and give one back. I was hesitant to get it due to the fact that WG NERFED the secondary range on it, which tbh I think is probably a good thing. This is a stand up and fight ship similar to the Hindenburg, but has the ability to go up close and personal and just smash. Probably the most important thing I have noticed about this ship, ACCURACY. 261 shells fired 126 hits. That is a pretty amazing amount in comparison to other super cruisers I play. Alaska is 37%, Krond 33%, Agir 48%. I kind of wish I would have gotten it sooner. 

shot-20_11.24_06_46.55-0279.thumb.jpg.708f6846fd1a2baece540309a74108b7.jpgshot-20_11.24_07.02_11-0336.thumb.jpg.e658a965b145c300dd3f5854063551a8.jpgshot-20_11.24_07_02.16-0502.thumb.jpg.188d7e8fa1db5bcbbc7665f852c2fe9c.jpg

Now I only have a 10pt captain on it and went the normal obligatory cruiser/bb 10 set up with PT,EM,SI,CE  Im not sure what else to speck. Im thinking FP, BOS, and AR but I am open to suggestions.

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,984 posts
12,714 battles

Same dispersion pattern as Alaska but with better shell flight times.

It's a good ship, I prefer it to Alaska as you can angle in this ship against battleships. In the Alaska, if you go broadside, enemy battleships only get oerpens which feels wrong.

Glad you are enjoying the Agir.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
741 posts
10,974 battles

I was thinking about the Agir myself, i have the fexp but decided to wait until the skill rework. So far it seems to be a indirect nerf to supercruisers.

• Cool 1

Players
670 posts
14,738 battles
Just now, BlackYeti said:

I was thinking about the Agir myself, i have the fexp but decided to wait until the skill rework. So far it seems to be a indirect nerf to supercruisers.

That whole commander skill rework is a flaming pile of garbage waiting to happen. Wg has said they are only going to rework the secondary's and may change some skills up as well. DDs get more mitigation, CVs get more striking power, BBS get well nothing new just some situational bs, and then there are cruisers who get the shaft across every subtype. It seem as if little to no thought went into any buff for cruisers instead they nerf cl ranges, they gut survivability for BC and do reduce fire chance for CA's. I see the skill tree rework ending up being just like the last rework in terms of anger.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Alaska is better, but Ägir is decent for a T9 cruiser. The survivability is pretty good, the guns are among the worst supercruiser guns, but not absolute trash. You basically are an Azuma that traded some accuracy and HE alpha for HE pen, torps and better armour. Thankfully fire chance is still 27% and you aren't Odin levels of dumb reload and BB accuracy, so you can work with it. Most likely the lulziest feature of the ship (and the Siegfried) is the 90 mm side plating that shatters all HE and cruiser caliber SAP.

36 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

I was hesitant to get it due to the fact that WG NERFED the secondary range on it, which tbh I think is probably a good thing.

I agree, as imo, any ship where the AI secondary battery starts outshining the player-aimed main battery approaches a level of stupidity and leveling of skill floor and skill ceiling that just shouldn't be in the game.

38 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

This little ship, and it is little compared to other supercruisers, I would have to say it is surprisingly decent.

I think most people just don't attribute anything exciting to this ship. It just does its job. Given it is also more forgiving than Azuma (another ship usually forgotten) people also don't rant about it as much.

[SHAD]
Players
2,984 posts
12,714 battles
35 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

No fire prevention is a big issue for these supercruisers so you are wise to wait.

My Siegfried will lose her secondary build also.

The rework has been put back for a while.

You don't have Alaska yet? Buy that first as it's leaving the shop.

However, it does exist in 2019 black containers so you might still e able to get in future that way, like the Jean Bart.

[BABBY]
Players
741 posts
10,974 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

You don't have Alaska yet? Buy that first as it's leaving the shop.

Have the Alaska already, worry not 😉 been waiting for Alaska/Guam since the beginning. A baby Iowa which i also love.

[KRILL]
Players
147 posts
5,584 battles

I do like Ägir aswell, its a very decent and fast ship, which I play pretty different to Alaska. It not that borderline OP as Alaska but it does its job and fits very well in its niche.

Only thing I struggle with in Ägir are AP overpens on broadsiding cruisers. Which I don´t experience in Alaska that much.

[SWAMP]
Players
295 posts
7,297 battles

Only one game on Agir and you're thinking so. It's looking like you're very luck in that game vs too much big broadsided targets. Please play it about 40-50 games then share your experience again. :cap_haloween:

Another example here, my first game on Harugumo; 205K damage :cap_hmm:

image.thumb.png.49c7a47393ef968d36e12a7016a31a38.png

• Cool 1

Players
670 posts
14,738 battles
2 hours ago, Gloatover said:

Only one game on Agir and you're thinking so. It's looking like you're very luck in that game vs too much big broadsided targets. Please play it about 40-50 games then share your experience again. :cap_haloween:

Another example here, my first game on Harugumo; 205K damage :cap_hmm:

image.thumb.png.49c7a47393ef968d36e12a7016a31a38.png

I will be the first to say yes One game does not make a great ship, however

457d3770eab9dacf5e85dbc52626c695.thumb.png.ac76b156162c8126aa953381bcfab272.png

Based on my experience with the the other 2 ships listed above I have to say that the performance was surprisingly fun and enjoyable. Now you can say lucky but I would ask you to look at the potential damage  of almost 2 million. I was under fire all game and If you break down the the amount of shots I took I spent a solid 8.45 minutes shooting my guns.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,139 posts
9,500 battles

Ägir can be quite fun when you can close the distance. My first game, i managed to sneak up on a Musashi aswell, and just demolished it. Even the secondaries can deal good damage in closequarters!

So its pretty much like other german Ships too, only more lethal when it gets close, as it can citadel BBs and withstand their shells on the midsection.

[SWAMP]
Players
295 posts
7,297 battles
49 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

I will be the first to say yes One game does not make a great ship, however

457d3770eab9dacf5e85dbc52626c695.thumb.png.ac76b156162c8126aa953381bcfab272.png

Based on my experience with the the other 2 ships listed above I have to say that the performance was surprisingly fun and enjoyable. Now you can say lucky but I would ask you to look at the potential damage  of almost 2 million. I was under fire all game and If you break down the the amount of shots I took I spent a solid 8.45 minutes shooting my guns.

I told so because Agir's AP/He performance not wonderful if you don't catch them broadsided :Smile_sad:

Also I like Agir and having fun, because it's a very agile ship although it's a super cruiser. :cap_like:

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, Gloatover said:

I told so because Agir's AP/He performance not wonderful if you don't catch them broadsided :Smile_sad:

I mean, for a supercruiser, yes, but for a cruiser, the AP is still devastating. I played it today, citadelled a Lion at like 10-12 km. You don't do that stuff in a cruiser.

And compared to the other supercruisers, Ägir combines a decent enough AP armament with a quite survivable hull, good agility and stealth and a set of torps per side.

People seem to generally underestimate what non-Russian, non-US supercruisers can do with 305 mm AP, same with ships like Azuma or Yoshino that also have the accuracy of a Petropavlovsk.

Spoiler

1508840558_Yoshinoncit.thumb.jpg.b9630bc812076614d7bf5a65f57aedc1.jpg

Ägir is somewhat less accurate, but can do the same when it connects. Don't try to shoot AP at stuff though that is likely going to angle. The main thing at range is that people got the time to just angle and bounce your shells. If they are oblivious though, you can get some nice hits though.

Players
670 posts
14,738 battles
7 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

I mean, for a supercruiser, yes, but for a cruiser, the AP is still devastating. I played it today, citadelled a Lion at like 10-12 km. You don't do that stuff in a cruiser.

And compared to the other supercruisers, Ägir combines a decent enough AP armament with a quite survivable hull, good agility and stealth and a set of torps per side.

People seem to generally underestimate what non-Russian, non-US supercruisers can do with 305 mm AP, same with ships like Azuma or Yoshino that also have the accuracy of a Petropavlovsk.

Hide contents

1508840558_Yoshinoncit.thumb.jpg.b9630bc812076614d7bf5a65f57aedc1.jpg

Ägir is somewhat less accurate, but can do the same when it connects. Don't try to shoot AP at stuff though that is likely going to angle. The main thing at range is that people got the time to just angle and bounce your shells. If they are oblivious though, you can get some nice hits though.

There is a valid reason people focus on ships like the petro. It is one of the most broke back cruisers any one can get. Still it is kind of a boring ship to play See broad shoot wait survive the rain of of shells till conceal kicks back in redeploy repeat.Ships like the AGIR just make me feel like I am in the game not observing it.

• Cool 1

[SWAMP]
Players
295 posts
7,297 battles
7 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Did you ever try Petropavlovsk or Moskva in same reason? They can easily citadel in that range as cruiser.:Smile_trollface:

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, Gloatover said:

Did you ever try Petropavlovsk or Moskva in same reason? They can easily citadel in that range as cruiser.:Smile_trollface:

Unsurprising, given Petro has better pen, Moskva just starts to struggle citadelling BBs at that range, German and IJN 305s/310s are inbetween. Doesn't detract from the fact that it is an exceptional level of pen, only otherwise achieved by Henri (barely below Moskva), while all other non-super cruisers are way lower. Though the AP dpm a Hindenburg or DM can throw out with normal pens likely gets people killed just as fast.

Sign in to follow this