Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pizzamann_84

Short question regarding new years event

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BREHA]
Players
51 posts
4,387 battles

Hi there,

 

this has probably been answered during past events already, but do you have to have a ship in port for the snowflakes to appear or is it enough to have it researched and then to buy it after the event hits? This way, even if you don't have enough dock space, you could buy a ship, blow off the snowflake, then sell it and buy the next one.

 

Thanks alot!

Pizzamann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,701 battles

For all other events of this type so far, any ships that were acquired during the event got the snowflake bonus. There's no reason to believe this one will be different.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,885 posts
8,202 battles

During the anniversary snowflake event, I got snowflakes for newly researched tech tree ships, and also for a ship bought for coal. So yes, you will get snowflakes for ships acquired during the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles
10 minutes ago, Pizzamann_84 said:

Hi there,

 

this has probably been answered during past events already, but do you have to have a ship in port for the snowflakes to appear or is it enough to have it researched and then to buy it after the event hits?

Hi,

 

1. You need to have the ship in port and win a game to get the snowflake bonus. 

 

12 minutes ago, Pizzamann_84 said:

This way, even if you don't have enough dock space, you could buy a ship, blow off the snowflake, then sell it and buy the next one.

Yes.

 

2. Once you get the bonus, you can sell it.

3. You can use COOP which is most convenient time-wise or you can play in random, too.

 

Note: In previous events, you needed to win a game with the ship to get the bonus. We don't know yet, if the conditions for this event will be exactly same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,662 posts
2 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

We don't know yet, if the conditions for this event will be exactly same.

according to dev bulletin (and dev blog before):

Quote

The mechanics of receiving rewards for blowing off Snowflakes have been updated. You can now obtain a reward by gaining a victory or earning at least 300 base XP.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,306 posts
31,496 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

according to dev bulletin (and dev blog before):

 

^^ Thanks for the info.

 

@Pizzamann_84 So, we understand that the winning condition did not change, getting the snowflake bonus still requires to have a ship in port, to play a game with it and win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,177 posts
14,684 battles

A small addendum: for previous events, a very kind soul has built a webpage that allows you to track snowflakes very effectively; with a bit of luck they'll do it again for this next event.

 

This is the link for the existing site: https://whaling.in.fkn.space/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,289 posts
19,956 battles
5 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

^^ Thanks for the info.

 

@Pizzamann_84 So, we understand that the winning condition did not change, getting the snowflake bonus still requires to have a ship in port, to play a game with it and win.

Or earn 300 xp with it losing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

Or earn 300 xp with it losing.

300XP is on the test server.. dont assume it will be the same on life..... it may be but we cant be sure (unless I've missed  it being confirmed officially) Either way this is a HUGE improvment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×