You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

Penalty imposed for Pc issue....

35 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles

Are you telling me there's no way that Wg can actually tell if some one intentionally "clicked" away from battle or if someone is inactive the whole game due to pc or connectivity issues (ie issues out of peoples hands!!) that do happen happen from time to time?!!

My new pc decided to run a bug check during a game and for whatever reason windows didn't like it and crashed. (Green screen)

My reward:

JuipuhB.jpg

Its a bit insulting/unjust to be punished in game for something you had nothing to do with.

This is the 21st century where pretty much anything can be checked ie was the person connected/disconnected to the server without a command (click leave battle) ie unexpectedly (inactivity?)

What happens if someone's internet goes down due to a fault somewhere in the street/server?

WG are you seriously just still leaving this open for mistakes that punish the customer?

Surely you can do better?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,701 battles
3 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Are you telling me there's no way that Wg can actually tell if some one intentionally "clicked" away from battle or if someone is inactive the whole game due to pc or connectivity issues

The simple answer is: "No, there isn't."

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
618 posts
1,927 battles

If you got a Green Screen of Death then you're running a pre-release version of windows...

So why are you running a known 'slightly flaky' game on a pre-release 'may fall over at any moment' os?

• Cool 1

Players
2,074 posts
16,219 battles

It's actually not that easy to tell the reason why a remote computer disconnected. The only way would be the game client invading your privacy by transmitting your system logs to WG, but even then, it would have to be connected to do that (not that I would want it to, WG has no business looking at my logs). I think playing 2-3 quick coops to get rid of pink is a better alternative, tbh. Like any automatic system, this one will have false positives, but it's really not the end of the world as it doesn't actually impose any bans (like orange status would).

• Cool 5

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
3 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

If you got a Green Screen of Death then you're running a pre-release version of windows...

So why are you running a known 'slightly flaky' game on a pre-release 'may fall over at any moment' os?

Did it directly from Microsoft using windows installation media tool? On a new pc build as usual..as instructed. but i did read this too the other day and im like wtf?....apparently might need to run a repair?

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
416 posts
12,785 battles
29 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Are you telling me there's no way that Wg can actually tell if some one intentionally "clicked" away from battle or if someone is inactive the whole game due to pc or connectivity issues (ie issues out of peoples hands!!) that do happen happen from time to time?!!

My new pc decided to run a bug check during a game and for whatever reason windows didn't like it and crashed. (Green screen)

My reward:

JuipuhB.jpg

Its a bit insulting/unjust to be punished in game for something you had nothing to do with.

This is the 21st century where pretty much anything can be checked ie was the person connected/disconnected to the server without a command (click leave battle) ie unexpectedly (inactivity?)

What happens if someone's internet goes down due to a fault somewhere in the street/server?

WG are you seriously just still leaving this open for mistakes that punish the customer?

Do you really want WG to install key logging software on your PC?

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
13 minutes ago, iFax said:

Do you really want WG to install key logging software on your PC?

Thats the only solution!!?

That's a fair point but nor do i want to be accused of something i didn't do...im being made to be responsible for something i am not responsible for. Its only a computer game at the end of the day but the principle is not right imo.

• Boring 1

Players
2,688 posts
21,668 battles

Dude you even get punished if you get kicked out by a client crash, which is totally and absolutely Wargaming's fault alone because of their crummy programming and non-existing quality assurance. Complete, wilful ignorance of long-established industry best-practice.

There is nothing you can do about it and it is but a minor annoyance, compared to CVs.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,190 posts
11,278 battles

then what prevents me to kill the WoWs application or unplug the PC from the net to leave the battle early? 

• Cool 5

[MUMMY]
Players
569 posts
10,106 battles

Dont worry about it, your pink for a few games, you will be fine.

Reasons aside, I think we all know how irritating it is to have an AFK player on your team.  

EDIT:

Use task manager to force close the WoWs client and restart it. 

May have to make sure task manager "always appears on top" as I used to find it would hide under the WoWs client.  

When I built my new rig and was OC'ing the RAM I had an occasional hard crash, rebooted and still managed to get back into the battle.

Edited by rage1750
  • Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,487 posts
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

then what prevents me to kill the WoWs application or unplug the PC from the net to leave the battle early? 

But.. but... that would be dishonest! Surely no one would...:Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 4

[NCDF]
Players
183 posts
5,826 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, SeaWolf7 sagte:

And btw, getting Pink is NOT a punishment. Getting Orange is.......

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,010 posts
13,419 battles
24 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

But.. but... that would be dishonest! Surely no one would...:Smile_ohmy:

I remember back in the early days of WoT some players would 'pull the plug' to deny the kill to an enemy player.   I recall once that I was abut to kill a Tiger II and they did exactly that.  It was a little bit annoying.

WG did fix the code so although the player was no longer in the game their tank was.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
11,258 battles

It has the same effect on your team mates either way.  It is in your hands if your PC can't play the game. So get yourself a PC capable of running the frickin' game.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

uhgh good point...im just not comfortable being actually left with no choice to except responsibility for something that im not responsible for you know...

I wouldn't do it in real life but i have to accept it in the world Of Wg i guess...Guilty by association lol

Suppose i should just move in to gulag then to save WG  the time and  hassle of looking at a different option in the future then.....

R54CRnb.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
3 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

It has the same effect on your team mates either way.  It is in your hands if your PC can' play the game. So get yourself a PC capable of running the frickin' game.

Im genuinly sorry for the effect it had on my team mates and of course it was not intentional. 

Its a brand new pc with bells and frikin whistles that is capable of running a small country let alone the game so....

But i get what you are saying; My pc my responsibility....

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,726 posts
18,022 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, SeaWolf7 sagte:

What exactly is your punishment? I mean I  can see your account name turned pink but besides that change of colour what is your punishment?

• Cool 1

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles

A year ago mods went not well with my game and I had crashes often, for a day before I reinstalled a game, a few times even twice in single game, still managed to be back in games most of the time before died and avoided to become pink altogether so it's very lenient.  Even so if you crash just log back asap and you should be ok, if you keep crashing thought then you need to make sure that you can run game reliably before you join a battle as you do not play solo game offline.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
4 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

1. Sure, they probably could identify "clicking out" of the game. Not necessarily a situations where you:

- kill the game process

- unplug your router

- manually shut down your computer

- manually invoke a blue screen

2. Why do you think WG, your teammates or anyone else should care that it was a computer crash rather than a rage quit? The effect on the battle is the same. If the issue is rare, at worst you'll see yourself getting pink - which is a warning, not a punishment. Punishment is when is when you become orange and get relegated to coop - and if you get crashes often enough to find yourself in that situation... then good riddance. Nobody wants an ally that has 50% chance of being AFK, regardless of whether it's an unresolved hardware/driver/software issue or just how they roll. Fix the issue or keep clear of PvP, ruining matches for your teams.

It might sound cruel, but the purpose of this system isn't to bring rage-quitters to justice: it's there to minimize the number of AFK ships in PvP battles. And it actually seems to be working - they still happen every now and then but are MUCH less prevalent than they used to.

PS: You don't need to "accept responsibility", unlike with Forum warnings. You get informed that you got the warning and you click "ok", if you acknowledge anything, it's only the fact that you got the message :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
1 hour ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

What exactly is your punishment? I mean I  can see your account name turned pink but besides that change of colour what is your punishment?

Thought i was limited to 3 games in co op? well 3 games in co op is probably a blessing these days so point taken...

20 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Fix the issue or keep clear of PvP, ruining matches for your teams.

Harsh reality and fair enough ....it has only happened the once and i think i have resolved it anyway...

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles

i was only looking to see if there was a better route, perhaps rather than one warning for all regardless if they are responsible or not....But i can see that the issue is obviously not a big deal and most are willing to accept it as it is and as @eliastion said if it seems to be working for the Greater good then fair enough.

Besides its is kinda my fault as it turns out...

[WRV]
Players
106 posts
498 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, SeaWolf7 sagte:

My reward:

JuipuhB.jpg

Your rig, your responsibility, Jesus...

• Cool 1