Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sultanmurad

Cashback %200 Coupon help

23 comments in this topic

[EJDER]
Players
20 posts
3,424 battles

Guys help me pls. How should I use this coupon most efficiently. Buy ship? Buy doubloons?..  And the important question is: If I buy 25k doubloons, will I get 75k total or 50k limit?...:cap_money:

Ekran Görüntüsü (6).png

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,200 posts
11,296 battles

200% coupon means, 

you get %200 of what you are buying. 

Basically it means, you buy for the first %100 then the game gives you another %100 in form of dublons. 

You buy 10K dublons, you get 20K in the end. 

You buy 25K dublons, you get 50K in the end. 

You buy 30K dublons, you DON'T get 60K because the 50K is the limit to get by this way. :) 

This info is from the last years same topic. If things changed in the mean time, please someone correct me. 

I correct myself! THIS IS FALSE INFORMATION! Go down for the correct one! 

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
1,388 posts
11,322 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

because the 50K is the limit to get by this way. :) 

However, this does not mean that the limit for the coupon has been lifted.

Caution is advised

[EJDER]
Players
20 posts
3,424 battles
13 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

So, buy 25k + refund 50k = Total 75k?

or f example, buy 17k +refund 34k = Total 51-50k?

:cap_haloween:

[BASIC]
Players
633 posts
20,853 battles
27 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

200% coupon means, 

you get %200 of what you are buying. 

Basically it means, you buy for the first %100 then the game gives you another %100 in form of dublons. 

You buy 10K dublons, you get 20K in the end. 

You buy 30K dublons, you DON'T get 60K because the 50K is the limit to get by this way. :) 

This info is from the last years same topic. If things changed in the mean time, please someone correct me. 

I think, when you buy 10k doubloons, you get additional 20k, which is 30k in total.

[NECRO]
Players
669 posts
20 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

What a pity. Because it's false advertising then. It's not even remotely subjective. The fact remains that 200% cashback means if I spend 1£ I get £2 back, meaning I get to keep what I paid for with £1 and still have the £2 they gave me. If the value of that £2 is returned to me in the form of whatever I paid the original £1 for then I will ultimately have 3 of the item. WG are breaking basic rules here and they could technically reported for it.

I agree, it is mathematically incorrect and there is no cash involved anyway: "A cashback reward program is ... to encourage use of the card where the card holder is given points, frequent flyer miles or a monetary amount. This last benefit, a monetary amount, is usually known as cashback or cash back reward."

• Cool 1

[-TAP-]
Players
350 posts
8,625 battles

Didn't @MrConway clear this up again in the forum a few months ago? You get triple the benefit - so if you bought e.g. 10k doubloons then you'd end up with 30k doubloons.  If you bought a ship valued at e.g. 8k doubloons, then you'd get the ship plus 16k doubloons.

There's a cap on the amount at 50k doubloons, but I'm unsure whether that's just on the "bonus" amount received.

[MUMMY]
Players
570 posts
10,106 battles

Let the coupon expire and receive a 500% real world happiness bonus*

Spoiler

*Happiness bonus subject to T&C's

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,200 posts
11,296 battles

Ok I was about to post the conway reply and apologize for the confusion I created. 

but I got ninjad by 2 seconds! @Pandafaust GG mate.. 

I've removed a lot of posts... just to clear things up.. 

Sorry again folks! 

• Cool 5

[-TAP-]
Players
350 posts
8,625 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

@Pandafaust Thanks for finding this. It clears the issue.

No problem, glad it helps - the earlier post had jogged my memory of having seen something very similar before.

• Cool 1

Players
2,697 posts
21,714 battles

It's a scam. The name is fraudulent. You do not get any cash back. Technically, it is a gift with purchase, as Anya once explained to Buffy in the Magic Box.

You lose nothing by forfeiting it - to the contrary.

Do not give Wargaming any money till they fix CVs.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
12 posts
8,153 battles

So to sum up:

invest 200% coupon on 25.000 dubloons and in the end i have 75.000 dubloons ingame to buy stuff in armory etc? 

The 50.000 cap is only active on the Bonus payment itself, right? 

Sorry i am not native Englisch.....german explanation is also welcome :-)

[SM0KE]
Players
6,188 posts
14,684 battles
3 hours ago, sultanmurad said:

How should I use this coupon most efficiently. Buy ship? Buy doubloons?

The consensus re: maximum efficiency is to buy doubloons, and then use those to buy other stuff; this is especially pertinent for ships where you have the 25% discount coupon in place, and don't forget about the cap on the bonus amount.

Also, doubloons don't have a 'use by' date, so you can keep doubloons bought now for things that may not arrive in the store until - say - Black Friday and/or Xmas.

(This obviously makes no judgement pro/con spending money on the game as a general principle.)

• Cool 1

[SERBS]
Players
523 posts
15,856 battles

i got this coupon too, but didnt take the bait.

f2p player forever!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,348 posts
3,869 battles
19 hours ago, Pandafaust said:

Didn't @MrConway clear this up again in the forum a few months ago? You get triple the benefit - so if you bought e.g. 10k doubloons then you'd end up with 30k doubloons.  If you bought a ship valued at e.g. 8k doubloons, then you'd get the ship plus 16k doubloons.

There's a cap on the amount at 50k doubloons, but I'm unsure whether that's just on the "bonus" amount received.

Sure, but nothing has changed since then. You get a 200% bonus and as it says, you receive triple what you bought.

I.e. buy 10K, get 30K

And as the coupon states, the bonus amount that you receive cannot exceed 50K, so the maximum purchase this works for is 25K doubloons.

18 hours ago, the_seven_Chandrian said:

So to sum up:

invest 200% coupon on 25.000 dubloons and in the end i have 75.000 dubloons ingame to buy stuff in armory etc? 

The 50.000 cap is only active on the Bonus payment itself, right? 

Sorry i am not native Englisch.....german explanation is also welcome :-)

Du hast Recht! :)

• Cool 4

Players
38 posts
6 hours ago, Nitten79 said:

so what are the conditions needed for a customer of WG to get this kind of coupon? 

Do not purchase anything on your account. No Premium Time, Ships - NOTHING. It appears it rewards zero spend. My brother received a 300% Coupon a couple of years back on an almost dormant account while I was spending a fortune on my own account and received sweet fanny adams.

[PHL]
Beta Tester
330 posts
17,501 battles
3 hours ago, the_seven_Chandrian said:

Afaik play 2 matches on your Wows anniversary 

Nope.

16 minutes ago, Marydoll said:

Do not purchase anything on your account. No Premium Time, Ships - NOTHING. It appears it rewards zero spend. My brother received a 300% Coupon a couple of years back on an almost dormant account while I was spending a fortune on my own account and received sweet fanny adams.

This.

Sign in to follow this