You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curesto

Which Container should i select?

28 comments in this topic

Players
1,892 posts
8,224 battles

Coal is the best. It gets you premium ships. If you aim for a T9 premium, then don’t buy lower tier ones. If you accumulate coal slowly, and would need too many months to get a high tier one, then go for a T5 or T6 one. Don’t buy signals, captains, or modules for coal, until you get your first tier9 one. Just do go into randoms with a high tier ship, if you have no random experience accumulated on  mid tiers.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,664 posts
44,123 battles
7 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, new player. I've always been select for coals. But i wonder which one is better.

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_22_17_47_45_490.thumb.png.86df5ebd082a47d76c5d95b89df417e7.png

It simply depends on what you want - MR gives more freedom (Coal and FreeXP) and lots of economic signals (ESCL; Zulu Hotel, Zulu etc)

[XTREM]
Players
1,889 posts
14,450 battles

I always pick coal. Rarely, I'll try my luck at a supercontainer. 

But if you're brand-spanking new maybe credits and flags are more useful. Idk. I joined and played up the tiers before there were containers 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,649 posts
16,734 battles

Hi all,

23 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, new player. I've always been select for coals. But i wonder which one is better.

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_22_17_47_45_490.thumb.png.86df5ebd082a47d76c5d95b89df417e7.png

Ever since this current system was introduced I am picking the "More Resources":.. it is the best choice IMHO...  :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,126 posts
9,500 battles

I always like to take TYL as first choice, and if i get more than 1 container a day, i take Resources.

Taking TYL should give you a SC once in a while, which is not bad imo. Even failed TYL can give 900 Coal (pretty decent) or freeXP (not bad for a newer player) or atleast 4 signals (+ probably some other stuff aswell as 2 camos, portslot...)

Overall, Resources is probably the best choice, as you often get FreeXP/Signals anyway. The only other alternative is Signals/Camos, wouldnt take Credit containers, even if you are short. They only drop small amounts, which wont help much.

• Cool 2

Players
124 posts
3,288 battles

I personally go for the resource ones, getting more coal for ships and other items is great. It really depends on what your priorities are tho as to which will be best for you.

Players
101 posts

Agree with More Resources container. Coal is very useful in the Armoury. Take signals if you run low, but, personally, I find coal is always the best choice.

Oh, and if you get a T9 coal ship before you get a tech tree ship, may I suggest that you only use it in coop until you get a TT T9? Trust me on this one. Bots are the same at all tiers, people are not.

Players
116 posts
5,043 battles

I used to always go for Camo and signals but then always went for resources so I could get coal ships faster.  Now I've got the Smolensk and Thunderer Im back to camo and signals.

[SURFA]
Players
70 posts
5,342 battles

Generally go for the more resources.

whist the try your luck can give you a SC then the MR can fairly frequently get 2 or even 3 coal sacks. So 800 or 1200 coal.

is worth joining a clan as well,    There are a few out there that just want the extra resources, so not competitive play.

generally if do the 3 containers a day then helps with the oil supply and gives boost to rewards.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,348 battles

I only take coal. You get premium ships and also you can get coal upgrades/modules. So it's very useful resource.

Players
3,292 posts
19,984 battles

More resources if you are into getting special ships, flags and credits if you are new I think? If you dont run anything premium you can get into serious credit issues when you reach the higher segment. I pick MR and get supercrates too every now and then. TYL isnt worth it at all.

Players
1,884 posts
19,427 battles

I would personally recommend the resources containers as there are some very nice coal ships worth aiming for, but as your a new account you may sometimes find it handy to go for flags or credits if your running low.

[2DQT]
Players
375 posts

Grinding coal without the clan bonus is a bit of a waste. If you play BB's sometimes a speed or anti-burn flag is useful, but if you dont play them a lot you get by with the rewards from missions. 

Players
246 posts
12,474 battles
12 hours ago, Curesto said:

New playesr have also in need of credits Also important to know Portslots and barraks slots drop with that option

Signals and Camo is not that important as you can buy then with credits in the amory

More resources is the one when you are settled.

So in the beginning 2x credit and one more resources and when you have enough money (more money after buying ships and upgrades when you go through the lines) Then slowly go for 3x more resourses

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,011 posts
13,456 battles

I used to go for the TYL ones simply because there was a better chance of getting a Supercontainer and, therefore, a ship.

I now just go for resources for the coal as that allows special equipment (longer radar etc) and ships to be bought for that resource.

Players
1,940 posts
13,619 battles

Resources, because of coal.

TYL might get you 2/3 Super Containers per month (you'll be lucky with 1 SC from Resources) but other than that, it is usually 4 meh flags.

Even if you're cash strapped I wouldn't go for More Credits,  150k credits (tops) is not really worth it.

Players
189 posts
5,721 battles

Personally I always take the resources, as I need the coal for the coal ships, I am aiming for the T9 Paolo Emilio. I have approx 117k so far.

On the subject of containers, I received a Black Friday container yesterday, I don't remember signing up for this but it was very welcome, as upon opening I got the Tier 9 ship Alaska Black and a 10 point captain, to say I was very surprised is an under statement lol but a very nice gift all the same, thanks WG :Smile_honoring:

Kind Regards

:cat_paw:

SKWK

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,011 posts
13,456 battles
1 hour ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Personally I always take the resources, as I need the coal for the coal ships, I am aiming for the T9 Paolo Emilio. I have approx 117k so far.

The Paulo Emilio is a RB ship for 43K research points - not a coal ship.

• Cool 1

Players
189 posts
5,721 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

The Paulo Emilio is a RB ship for 43K research points - not a coal ship.

Bugger, I mean the Marceau at Tier 10 for coal, old age creeping up on me, thanks for putting me straight lol, appreciated :Smile_honoring:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,011 posts
13,456 battles
Just now, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Bugger, I mean the Marceau at Tier 10 for coal, old age creeping up on me, thanks for putting me straight lol, appreciated :Smile_honoring:

I did have to double check it was from the RB.  I thought I'd missed a ship for coal (I'm sitting on over 400K coal and am not interested the Salem or the Yoshino - I'm waiting for the steel ships that were removed - Flint and Neustrashimi for instance as they are meant to come back for coal at some stage).