You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GarrusBrutus

Resupply flags using ingame currency

23 comments in this topic

[LEEUW]
Players
2,630 posts
10,280 battles

This has been bothering me for a while now and I've heard many other players complain about it as well:

Why isn't there an option to disable the auto-purchase of flags for doubloons for ALL ships in one click?

Now I lose doubloons quite often because I do not check every ship before every game. It is quite annoying.

Sure you can check every ship before you press 'battle', but in reality that doesn't happen all the time.

• Cool 12

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
5 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

This has been bothering me for a while now and I've heard many other players complain about it as well:

Why isn't there an option to disable the auto-purchase of flags for doubloons for ALL ships in one click?

Now I lose doubloons quite often because I do not check every ship before every game. It is quite annoying.

Sure you can check every ship before you press 'battle', but in reality that doesn't happen all the time.

Short answer: $

• Cool 4

[XTREM]
Players
4,166 posts
11,514 battles

I believe the demand wasn't high enough or it wasn't mentioned when it was requested that it's being made more visible which they then did. 

So requesting this quality of life improvement might make them work on it but it might take as long as the "dempunt all signals" that they eventually implemented. 

So why doesn't it exist? Wasn't requested enough I suppose. 

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,630 posts
10,280 battles
12 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Short answer: $

I know, but I like to hear with what kind of PR-speak they justify this "feature".

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,630 posts
10,280 battles
18 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Hasn't it been around forever now? Why ask for justification after all those years :0?

No, I am asking for a change of this mechanic but I am expecting mental gymnastics and justification. ;)

Why after all those years? Because I am not in abundance of doubloons on my second account and it annoys me that i lose them to silly things like this.

Players
861 posts

I downloaded WG's modstation from the portal and set it to Stingy by Default, it stops all their antics  with your doubloons 

• Cool 4

[SURFA]
Players
69 posts
5,253 battles

It’s done precisely so that people will spend currency.   Same reason as why you can buy an arp yamato with the leg mod installed and skip the grind.   It generates income for the game.   f2p games are paid for somehow.

now in terms of the feature.

it doesn’t enable itself.

this will only enable when you enable the auto-resupply feature and then checks the use in game currency box as well.    So when you setup the resupply you simply uncheck the button once on that ship.    The mouse is even there in the right place.  It really isn’t difficult and is right there in front of you when you enable the auto-resupply.  It isn’t as if have to go looking for it elsewhere.

you don’t need to go and check the ship again.    I have enabled the resupply on chapayev and Tallinnin as grinding the tier ix for more steel over Christmas.    Unchecked the box when setup and is still like that whenever go in.  Previously was grinding the Seattle and buffalo and the same.   Simply uncheck on the ship when setup and don’t have to worry about it.

or as others said use mod and enable stingy by default.

• Boring 1

[RONIN]
Players
460 posts
4,258 battles
3 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

No, I am asking for a change of this mechanic but I am expecting mental gymnastics and justification. ;)

Why after all those years? Because I am not in abundance of doubloons on my second account and it annoys me that i lose them to silly things like this.

What is the point of having multiple accounts?

• Boring 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,630 posts
10,280 battles
1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Does there have to be a point?

"Enjoying a different server."
"Playing without the pressure of ruining your stats."

"Experience the game as a new player in 2020 without all the ships and resources of a veteran."

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
669 posts
2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

As far as I know, multiple accounts are allowed. Someone from WG stated this in the forum somewhere, iirc. After all, every single account being played helps to keep this moribund game in limbo, and every $ spent is probably welcome (desperation for money is increasing, if I look at the lastest stuff and limits in the premium shop/armory).

As to the why? Some players like to build new accounts (which totally differs from the BS line resetting), building thematical accounts, having separate accounts for each nation, want to have recreational alternatives at hand when they need a break from an arduous grind on a certain account, suffer from OCD and prefer to keep multiple small ports tidy instead of a congested megaport, etcpp.

[COMFY]
Players
256 posts
2,745 battles
7 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I know, but I like to hear with what kind of PR-speak they justify this "feature".

Just like politicians, they look into the camera and stare into your soul until you stop asking. Because they aint giving you an answer, thats for sure.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RONIN]
Players
460 posts
4,258 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Does there have to be a point?

"Enjoying a different server."
"Playing without the pressure of ruining your stats."

"Experience the game as a new player in 2020 without all the ships and resources of a veteran."

Are those your reasons or you are speaking in general?

[LEEUW]
Players
2,630 posts
10,280 battles
1 minute ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Are those your reasons or you are speaking in general?

I am speaking in general.

My reason to make a new account was that i wanted to challenge myself to play for the top leaderboard spots.

Beta Tester
5,225 posts
21,440 battles
8 hours ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

I believe the demand wasn't high enough or it wasn't mentioned when it was requested that it's being made more visible which they then did. 

So requesting this quality of life improvement might make them work on it but it might take as long as the "dempunt all signals" that they eventually implemented. 

So why doesn't it exist? Wasn't requested enough I suppose. 

I believe (!) the feature was asked for years ago already and WG decided to ignore it then already, as it would remove the unintentionally spending of dubloons... and players are supposed to spend those dubloons, so they need to have buy new ones...

Players
2,305 posts
31,466 battles
9 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I know it isn't the answer you want but you can use the mod station for that purpose.

Also;

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,188 posts
11,272 battles
15 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Thats the scariest thing I've ever read in this forum for a while.. 

I got chills... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,010 posts
13,415 battles

The default paying for items with in-game currency wasn't always an option but it has been around for a long time.  It has resulted in players using up their gold which they did not notice immediately.

I know there was a mod in Aslain's modpack but from what was posted earlier in this thread it's also in the WG modstation.  So, it looks like there is no reason to not use it even if it's just for that one mod.

Edited: In the modpack it's in the tab where the anchor is (second one from the right) and is called 'Stingy by Default' and was created by MegaDommagam.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,830 posts
17,712 battles

Auto-resupply should not be pre-selected as the default setting as it can and will always and directly lead to waste of some sorts (flags/camo/silver/doubloons). So instead of adding a button to disable auto-resupply it should not set as the default in the first place.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,010 posts
13,415 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

Auto-resupply should not be pre-selected as the default setting as it can and will always and directly lead to waste of some sorts (flags/camo/silver/doubloons). So instead of adding a button to disable auto-resupply it should not set as the default in the first place.

I agree but it's never going to happen.   It seems to be another way for WG to get players to spend gold (without them noticing) which isn't a great attitude from a company - there have been similar discussions on that in the past.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,936 posts
12,673 battles

Instead of clicking to opt out of spending doubloons, we should instead have to opt in.

The default should be NOT spending doubloons.

• Cool 1