Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curepto

Matchmaking problem of Co-op.

16 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
302 battles

Hi, i'm fairly new player. I like playing PvE style.  But, i've noticed something that frustrating.

There's a lot of people on matchmaking but sometimes when the game makes the match, only 2 person was real players.

I've always lost when this happened. I don't know if is that bug or not.

I don't know if it common problem or not. It would be good that matchmaking makes the match with the real players are on your team at least.

About 20 minutes before, i've entered the match. All of the bots on my team sunk instantly. Also, the real players are was cruisers, they also dead only i was alive. I've took really good beating from enemy Sinop and Nagato.

The match results screenshot. I hope that explains what i'm talking about. You can see my exploding Lyon from the background:

I've got around 130K damage 2 kills (Gneisenau and Shchors). I think that not bad for a new player :)

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_22_02_00_41_956.thumb.png.3d1bc2ab4da6d1c23e0f61d7adcfd73b.png

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_22_02_00_53_304.thumb.png.099c225a6b4c147b96bde40fd24c46b1.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,336 battles

It's not bug, sometimes the MM doesn't get in 30 sec 9 players. Most people play PvP mate. 

So if MM won't find the ships of the tier you play +-2 then you get bots in your team. And those bots are mostly worse than those against you so they die fast. 

Players
12 posts
302 battles
3 dakika önce, MacArthur92 dedi:

It's not bug, sometimes the MM doesn't get in 30 sec 9 players. Most people play PvP mate. 

So if MM won't find the ships of the tier you play +-2 then you get bots in your team. And those bots are mostly worse than those against you so they die fast. 

But, there's a lot of players (around 40-50 i think) was on matchmaking and i've only waited around 10 seconds and this happened.

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,336 battles
Just now, Curepto said:

But, there's a lot of players (around 40-50 i think) was on matchmaking and i've only waited around 10 seconds and this happened.

Well it took them into battles and you + one guy were left so you got bots in your team. 

[UMA]
Players
90 posts

It can be frustrating at times, but think of it as a personal challenge - you just got handed some “carry” practice.

That said, bots can be infuriatingly stupid at times as allies, more of a handicap than a help. I’ve seen bots torpedo human player friendlies before - guess bots won’t care about going pink any time soon? - and typical DD vs DD ramming which really wasn’t necessary.

While losing the round will have been annoying, it looks like you’d done pretty well.

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

So, you were considered to be 'top tier' for this match, either you or one of the other humans had been uptiered in too many matches and the MM needed all T7 and below players to form a team. And at 01:44 in the morning not a lot of players are online. This happens a lot when the server is quiet. It can be great to have a game all to yourself: juggle keeping friendly bots that you need alive and then mercilessly letting them die to reduce the competition for xp and damage. Then farm.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,116 posts
9,497 battles
47 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

It can be great to have a game all to yourself: juggle keeping friendly bots that you need alive and then mercilessly letting them die to reduce the competition for xp and damage.

They usually manage the dying part on their own :cap_haloween:

image.thumb.png.6ed19137d07a414f5d9fc7a37d73eaf1.png

image.thumb.png.b1a5476ed144446db12cd429fab30dad.png

My Izumo bot rammed an island and sat there for a good 10 mins for no apparent reason :Smile_amazed:

Always glad that they manage to grab my kills tho :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, Curepto said:

Hi, i'm fairly new player. I like playing PvE style.  But, i've noticed something that frustrating.

There's a lot of people on matchmaking but sometimes when the game makes the match, only 2 person was real players.

I've always lost when this happened. I don't know if is that bug or not.

remember this topic. you have 153 battles. There will be a time in the future where you will actively seek this kind of games.

But have patience, meanwhile grow stronger. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles

With time you will get better so with Bots in your team or without, you will be able to win more offen because you alone can take 2-3 Bots at the same time alone, at least.

btw why are you playing on 4:3 aspect ratio? Or is just screenshoted that way.

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
313 posts
38,994 battles

Playing in the early hours of the morning. You're more likely to have teams that are mostly if not all bot.

Players
826 posts
5,507 battles

Yup, it is NOT a mm issue.

In Co-op you have to have a game in 30s, otherwise the rest will be filled up with bots.

Tip 1: ALWAYS pay attention to MM, even in Co-op, and look at where the human players are located.

Tip 2: PRIORITIZE targets immediately.

Tip 3: Play slightly more passive.

Tip 4: Minimap! Minimap! Minimap! 

Tip 5: ANGLE your ship, and use islands.

Try to win your flank first, and work from there.

And yeah, you will have the occasional loss (though if you leave the game immediately after you die, you might end up with a draw).

You can have very good games with only or almost only bot teammates; in fact, many of my high(er)scores in Co-op have come in those games. My high scores like 193k Ostergötland, 305k JB (on NA), 191k Massa B, 230k Pommern have all been in games where I was the only one, or only one of 3 human players on the team. 

• Cool 2

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
12 hours ago, Curepto said:

Co-Op MM takes "how many games have you been up/down tiered" into account. It was a trial for the new PvP MM system and I don't know if it's been adopted in PvP yet.

So for example (and I can't remember the exact number of games required here), if you play T7 and get uptiered in X number of games in a row - i.e playing against T8-9 ships - then on the X+1 game the MM can not uptier you again. Therefore even though you may see 40-50 people in the queue, because of this "after X+1 you can't be uptiered" the real number of people in the queue eligible to be on your team will be very low.

So thats why you you get 2 Humans vs 9 Bots even when the queue is large.

[SURFA]
Players
70 posts
5,326 battles

Generally happens late at night as in early hours of morning.

general trend is

finish work

do daily missions,    Damage done in random, swap to co-op for win and xp missions.

finish off the container do with ransoms.

tends to avoid the only real player in the co-op problem that way.   But will still get it sometimes even in the early evening.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
17 hours ago, Curepto said:

I know I replied above but this is for a different part of your post - 2 Human matches are my favourite! I still rarely lose and, without 7 other humans claiming kills (the vast majority can at least click fire once in a while), you stand a good chance of getting a really high scoring match depending on the ship you're in.

[BABBY]
Players
737 posts
10,951 battles
16 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

They usually manage the dying part on their own :cap_haloween:

image.thumb.png.6ed19137d07a414f5d9fc7a37d73eaf1.png

image.thumb.png.b1a5476ed144446db12cd429fab30dad.png

My Izumo bot rammed an island and sat there for a good 10 mins for no apparent reason :Smile_amazed:

Always glad that they manage to grab my kills tho :cap_fainting:

Only 167 secondary hits? The Teutonic gods are angry... :cap_viking:

[SHAFT]
Players
11,116 posts
9,497 battles
Just now, BlackYeti said:

Only 167 secondary hits? The Teutonic gods are angry...

Yeah my bad, at somepoint i changed my GK captain to have manual sec, and havent played it really since then so i forgot to select a target :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this