You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
spacejamer95

Can i trade a black ship for it's normal version?

18 comments in this topic

Question

Players
12 posts
4,374 battles

i'm thinking of getting Jean Bart B on black friday, but i'm wondering if i can switch it with a normal Jean Bart(maybe trough player suport), purely for cosmetic reasons.

17 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,689 posts
14,185 battles
6 hours ago, spacejamer95 said:

i'm thinking of getting Jean Bart B on black friday, but i'm wondering if i can switch it with a normal Jean Bart(maybe trough player suport), purely for cosmetic reasons.

No you cannot.

5 hours ago, spacejamer95 said:

If they do all my issues are solved.

They have their own permacamo which is identical in stats but different in apperance to the regular counterparts.

You can make the black permacamo look like the regular counterparts permacamo by disabling the decorative camo category with the additional content menu on the right side of the port, but the B default camo cannot swap between the standard and alternatve colour schemes that Type 10 can.

image.thumb.png.875cbc96b1cd44338f68cb6405060f42.pngimage.thumb.png.ecf376bfd263ccc0184604c1b7097775.png

• Cool 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,017 posts
30,822 battles

Sure:

you can hide the Black-camo with filters in port and voilá - it is displayed in the regular camo of the non-B ship.

Only brawback: you can not switch to alternative color-pattern.

Players
120 posts
3,218 battles

I am interested to know this too but I honestly have no idea, hopefully someone who knows more can assist.

Players
12 posts
4,374 battles
7 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Can those ships use camos?

Yes, if by standard you mean expendable, what makes them black is their permanent camo, if you take that off it's just the normal ship underneath.

I don't think they have the normal permanent camo from the original ship.

Edited by spacejamer95
i'm an idiot

Players
12 posts
4,374 battles
6 minutes ago, spacejamer95 said:

If they do all my issues are solved.

• Funny 1

[MIAO]
Players
1,493 posts
7,064 battles
5 ore fa, spacejamer95 ha scritto:

Yes, if by standard you mean expendable, what makes them black is their permanent camo, if you take that off it's just the normal ship underneath.

(the editing reason itìs lovely)

if you have the  (let's say for example) blacc version of asashio, can you buy in doubloons the  original asashio's perma camo? @MrConway

hey @spacejamer95 i see you're from the (i was there too) LMAO clan, wanna join mine? it's a newly born one, 4 ppl

Edited by arquata2019
clan question to a person

1,689 posts
14,185 battles
35 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

if you have the  (let's say for example) blacc version of asashio, can you buy in doubloons the  original asashio's perma camo? @MrConway

The only perma camo available for all of the black ships is the "black" permacamo.

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
4,374 battles
3 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The only perma camo available for all of the black ships is the "black" permacamo.

He knows, he's just giving an idea that won't also disable other camos.

Btw, isn't astolfo a man?

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,343 posts
3,850 battles
On 11/22/2020 at 12:19 AM, arquata2019 said:

(the editing reason itìs lovely)

hey @spacejamer95 i see you're from the (i was there too) LMAO clan, wanna join mine? it's a newly born one, 4 ppl

Unfortunately the regular permacamos are not currently available on the black ships, but we'll discuss whether we can add them as an optional purchase there in future :)

• Cool 2

Players
10,198 posts
11,986 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately the regular permacamos are not currently available on the black ships, but we'll discuss whether we can add them as an optional purchase there in future :)

Alternatively allow disabling "black" ships in port filters, that way these ships could get basic permanent camo looks.

1,689 posts
14,185 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Alternatively allow disabling "black" ships in port filters, that way these ships could get basic permanent camo looks.

That is possible, you just have to disable the decorative category.

[-TFD2]
Players
14 posts
3,660 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

That is possible, you just have to disable the decorative category.

My man i would just like to thank you becuse i was seriously considering buying the ship again because i hate the black cammo. You are my savior .

One more time Thanks man

• Cool 1

[TF]
Players
52 posts
1,637 battles

Yeah thanks, I have a couple black ships and I wished I had the standard version due to the full black camo, they look much better now :cap_like: