Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curepto

Is my progression wrong?

18 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
288 battles

Hi, i've been playing this game for about 29 hours total on Steam page or 15-20 days i think. I've been only playing on Co-op or Operations. I don't like Randoms or PvP. 

My main goal is get the Richelieu as a Battleship and Charles Martel as a Heavy Cruiser. Because, i like French ships designs.

As a premium ship, i want to get Graf Spee if it's possible to get it as a F2P player. I've never spent single doubloons.

I've tried save the most Free-XPs i can and have about 62K Free-XPs. I've reached Lyon with playing Normandie on Operations and unlocked Lyon without spending any Free-XP.

I have these ships right now: I've only played on French line and have reached Tier 7 on Battleships and Tier 6 on Cruisers.

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_21_18_34_53_072.thumb.png.668410815b1d4f358ca19d13cbdfa2b1.png

Also, premium ships that i have: (Only bought Yubari, the others are gifts i think.)

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_21_18_35_23_563.thumb.png.236d6c8a4c60758cc3766a7c90a32738.png

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
4,163 posts
11,514 battles

Your progression for pve only looks fine. You reached quite far for the time spent. Just keep going at your own pace and remember to not make the game feel like work. 

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
1,885 posts
14,428 battles

There's no wrong way to progress. Just pick and choose whatever you want to get out of the game, and how you want to do it. 

About Graf Spee, you missed the latest chance to earn it for free as part of the Odin dockyard event, sadly.

• Cool 2

Players
3,016 posts

Graf is a gem. A beautiful ship. But it is also a very difficult ship to use in Ops (and randoms), unless you have a 19 point captain and you know what you are doing. You can do with a lesser captain but you need hrs for the rest. Same with Riche. It is not a typical BB. You need the juice as it is criminally weakened for no apparent reason.

First one is an ambusher the other a flanker.

Good Luck

[ALONE]
Players
97 posts
19,326 battles

As a F2P player* the grind can be a nightmare. I managed to grind the IJN BB and DD lines up to TX playing random. It wasn't easy and I was always struggling to find credits to by upgrades and new ships, so I had to play several low tier games to pay for each high tier game. It got to the point where pressing the battle button felt like going to work and the fun factor was fading so I stopped playing.

Then I went away, the weather was bad and I was stuck indoors so I decided to see if I could get WoWs playing on my laptop. Due to a combination of old laptop and dodgy WiFi the game kept freezing and the ping was going nuts so I decided to play co-op (didn't want to be a burden on a team) and had fun.

So now I play co-op all the time and I'm loving it. It takes a long time to grind a line but by grinding several lines at a time and just playing each ship for the daily +50% makes it a bit easier. If it's a ship I don't want to keep (ie I don't have a permanent camo) then I don't even bother buying / fitting upgrades or even retraining captains.

When I do need credits or when WG have given me some premium time then I'll take a premium out in random or operations (with all the flags and camos).

Another thing I like about co-op is that when you find yourself in a bad team (or a team full of bots) you can farm the damage. 

By playing co-op I can do the daily missions and get two containers each day without my blood pressure going through the roof.

*I do occasionally spend a bit for doubloons.

Players
820 posts
5,479 battles

Yeah, 

Enjoy yourself first and foremost.

If you want to play Co-op and ops (mostly) this IMHO is a fine way to grind and progress. Personally I would never use Free XP for anything else than getting Free XP ships except in extremely dire emergencies.

If you want to play PvP, start low tier again and take it slow, as that game is COMPLETELY different from Co-op, or even Ops.

For Graf Spee: You can get it using doubloons through the armory (make use of the 25% off coupon!) eventually.

If you like French ships, have a serious look at the upcoming campaign for the Strasbourg; it should be a free Premium when the campaign is released (NOTE: this is a temporary campaign) ship which could help tremendously in earning credits, training captains and could well be of nice use in Operations (Narai). Also have look at which (French) ships you might be able to get through the armory for resources. 

Beta Tester
5,220 posts
21,440 battles
4 hours ago, Curepto said:

I've been only playing on Co-op or Operations

As long as You only CoOp or Operations You can progress however You want. Get some T10 ships and play the game upwards-down or however You want it... nobody - should - care or judge You because of it.

Of course You really should never ever step into the dark depths of Random battles then...

:cap_cool:

[SM0KE]
Players
6,149 posts
14,632 battles

If you're playing PvE exclusively, then do whatever you like; the standard 'don't rush the tiers' advice only really matters for PvP.

Most people will probably assume you want to play randoms (and other PvP) unless you say otherwise, and there pretty much are wrong ways (or at least ill-judged ways) to go about that...

Players
643 posts
14,718 battles

Pve is fine and simple, however it is a slow grind to get where you want. As for the Graff Spee every so often WG has events where they give out ships like the spee. The spee has had 2 of these events so likely hood it will happen again is lessened but not completely. FYI Spee is a hard ship to play well.

[MORIA]
Players
7,691 posts
38,247 battles
7 hours ago, Curepto said:

I don't like Randoms or PvP. 

How can you know it if you didn't play any random battle? 

Getting any kind of experience and credits on coops is really hard one. On operations it's reasonable amount. 

Players
12 posts
288 battles
15 dakika önce, MacArthur92 dedi:

Getting any kind of experience and credits on coops is really hard one. On operations it's reasonable amount. 

The main reasons of why i don't like playing againts the real players:

1) I have some weird feeling that makes me uncomfortable when facing with real players.

2) Bots are a lot of easy and makes me allow the play straight without strategy. 

3) I hate toxic or salty players that swears or causes team killing damages or something like that.

I like playing againts the bots with real players on my team. I have a lot of more fun than playing againts the real players or PvP.

[MORIA]
Players
7,691 posts
38,247 battles
13 minutes ago, Curepto said:

1) I have some weird feeling that makes me uncomfortable when facing with real players.

2) Bots are a lot of easy and makes me allow the play straight without strategy

This barrier is normal, just play some T2.

Well about strategy you'll learn it. In my time when I started playing in January 2016 there wasn't so much content on YouTube or twitch , also you can join a clan and people from clan can teach you some tips through discord or TS. 

13 minutes ago, Curepto said:

3) I hate toxic or salty players that swears or causes team killing damages or something like that.

These types you mostly see on higher tiers but today it's no problem, you just mute the guy from in-game option or put him in blacklist. And believe me this game there's not much salt as on other games. Plus WG is making chatbans very long period plus you can get chatbanned for only provoking or trolling so people are more careful in chat. So not big deal. What you can face more is toxic gameplay. And it's not TK, it's more of deliberate not playing/supporting or going full YOLO for no reason at all. Or pushing you out of your smoke. But still you can report this kind of behaviour by sending ticket to WG. But honestly... This week I played around 85 battles and nothing big happened at all. Was ok. Sometimes it does and just report it. 

Also you can have fun with your clanmates / friends playing in divisions. But yeah, of you wanna try PvP just play some T2 and learn things before that. YouTube is full of wows content unlike what it was in early 2016. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,940 posts
19,525 battles
9 hours ago, Curepto said:

ve tried save the most Free-XPs i can and have about 62K Free-XPs. I've reached Lyon with playing Normandie on Operations and unlocked Lyon without spending any Free-XP.

In case you didn't know, there is a T7 Operation as well (sadly only one, "Narai") :Smile_Default:

Players
3,962 posts
5,271 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Bots in Co op are more intelligent than players in PvP. Im not joking, sadly.

Its perfectly understandable novadays if someone refuse to step into PvP modes because they are utter trash quality for a long time now.

Sure you get more credits and EXP but also it cost you a lot ot nerve and your blood picture will go in mess.

[MORIA]
Players
7,691 posts
38,247 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Bots in Co op are more intelligent than players in PvP. Im not joking, sadly.

Its perfectly understandable novadays if someone refuse to step into PvP modes because they are utter trash quality for a long time now.

Sure you get more credits and EXP but also it cost you a lot ot nerve and your blood picture will go in mess.

Yesterday I had pretty good day, 18 battles solo 66% WR and 2.3k PR. Though sometimes solo I get below 50% still ok, I get days with 15+ battles and only 30ish % WR and this is frustrating but this happens only 1-2 times a month so I'm ok with that. Although some poeple might get more unlucky than me.

Players
3,962 posts
5,271 battles
21 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yesterday I had pretty good day, 18 battles solo 66% WR

This is very rare scenario. And for weekends even impossible to imagine.

Though sometimes solo I get below 50% still ok,

And this is offen scenario which happens any day in the week.

I get days with 15+ battles and only 30ish % WR

And this is scenario that lately have higher chances because quality of high tier PvP battles is still in downfall.

I see much more of this scenario than 50s%.

But you are right, some people are blessed with better or worse rng, no doubt.

My rule is '3 defeats in a row' and I quit for the rest of that day. No pushing.

[MORIA]
Players
7,691 posts
38,247 battles
27 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

This is very rare scenario. And for weekends even impossible to imagine.

And this is offen scenario which happens any day in the week.

And this is scenario that lately have higher chances because quality of high tier PvP battles is still in downfall.

I see much more of this scenario than 50s%.

But you are right, some people are blessed with better or worse rng, no doubt.

My rule is '3 defeats in a row' and I quit for the rest of that day. No pushing.

If I had such bad luck I would make longer break, but what I get isn't that bad at all.

Zrzut ekranu (408).png

Zrzut ekranu (409).png

Sign in to follow this