You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MassiveDYT

Horrible ship rubberbanding?

41 comments in this topic

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
849 posts
4,649 battles

Last couple of days I noticed an insane ship rubberbanding, anyone else or is something wrong with my client?

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles
Vor 23 Minuten, MassiveDYT sagte:

Last couple of days I noticed an insane ship rubberbanding, anyone else or is something wrong with my client?

Yeah. See, you wanted to play World of Warcraft, but this is World of Warships. A thinking man's game.

• Bad 1

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
849 posts
4,649 battles
2 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Yeah. See, you wanted to play World of Warcraft, but this is World of Warships. A thinking man's game.

?

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, MassiveDYT sagte:

?

Please explain in great detail what is to be understood by the term "ship rubberbanding".

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,609 battles
3 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Please explain in great detail what is to be understood by the term "ship rubberbanding".

Rubber banding is when the latency is high and players or you are are moving one way. But then teleporting back a few meters to where they were a few seconds ago. 

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
849 posts
4,649 battles
1 minute ago, Linkaex said:

Rubber banding is when the latency is high and players or you are are moving one way. But then teleporting back a few meters to where they were a few seconds ago. 

last few days ships are jumping back and forth like crazy :l just me?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,558 posts
9,572 battles
2 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

how are you a beta tester, lol

And what does that have to do with anything?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, MassiveDYT sagte:

how are you a beta tester, lol

Oh, he played the beta tester card. I am impressed.

• Cool 4

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles

Wow, can you guys be less toxic and just answer his question? 

Haven't noticed any rubber banding on my last games so it might be on your side. 

• Bad 2

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
849 posts
4,649 battles
2 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Haven't noticed any rubber banding on my last games so it might be on your side. 

thanks!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
3,558 posts
9,572 battles
3 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Seriously?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
4,419 posts
1 hour ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

tenor.gif

You came in late and you don't have the whole picture (after mod edited his very low and insulting post).

If anyone was toxic it was him...

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

tenor.gif

You came in late and you don't have the whole picture (after mod edited his very low and insulting post).

If anyone was toxic it was him...

Well after 2 hours and some dude not being able to understand "rubber banding" I would start getting annoyed too. He didn't come to the forum to recieve "thinking man's action game" memes. 

Also mod did his work, why continue being hostile towards him, answer the question and that's it. No need to sink as low?! 

• Bad 1

[THESO]
3,558 posts
9,572 battles
21 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Well after 2 hours and some dude not being able to understand "rubber banding" I would start getting annoyed too. He didn't come to the forum to recieve "thinking man's action game" memes. 

Also mod did his work, why continue being hostile towards him, answer the question and that's it. No need to sink as low?! 

After 2 hours? What? Guess you forgot that the forum has a return to sender option enabled. You act like an arse, you get treated like one. Then again, if you consider what we said as toxic....I don't know what hope is there for the future

• Cool 2

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles
24 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Why do you assume people should automatically understand what rubber banding is, especially if this is coming from a known troll?

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
3 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Why do you assume people should automatically understand what rubber banding is, especially if this is coming from a known troll?

This topic is hardly a troll topic, it's a normal question. If you don't know wtf Rubber banding is google it. It's not hard. 

[XTREM]
Players
1,896 posts
14,465 battles

Since lockdowns first started, I get it almost everyday especially between certain times(around 5pm to 11pm my time).

But I don't think it's WoWs. It's local ISPs throttling, congestion, and African internet in general.

Also 

3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

b62fd68c49e2eaf3c1c14f72998bf9b55113d612r1-1226-684v2_hq.png

121533984_353073192601664_3047643700884167081_n.jpg.32c745a26aa9b051814f7ff274d53ea6.jpg

• Cool 3

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles
1 minute ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

This topic is hardly a troll topic, it's a normal question. If you don't know wtf Rubber banding is google it. It's not hard. 

You didn’t answer my question. Of course I can check from google, that’s something else. As per his awful responses I can say I am not sure whether he is serious or trolling.

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

You didn’t answer my question. Of course I can check from google, that’s something else. As per his awful responses I can say I am not sure whether he is serious or trolling.

Would you consider Jhonny first post as trolling? The thinking man's action game nonsense? Does this have any place in this topic? Why do people who don't know what rubber banding is post here in the first place instead of googling? 

OP had to wait for a normal answer for 2h. Meanwhile people go around to post memes and make fun of not knowing what rubber banding is? And now OP is the troll? Yeah sure. 

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles
10 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Would you consider Jhonny first post as trolling? The thinking man's action game nonsense?

The post itself and thread title is not clear to many people. He could have written high latency, desync or other stuff for it to be more understandable for general population.

Johnny's post is an answer to op's post at same level. 

10 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Why do people who don't know what rubber banding is post here in the first place instead of googling? 

Why should they know? Not everyone in  this game is a no life gaming nerd. There are many veterans here (although some may have gotten into gaming, some not).

OP had to wait for a normal answer for 2h. Meanwhile people go around to post memes and make fun of not knowing what rubber banding is? And now OP is the troll? Yeah sure. 

Apparently, people either didn't take op serious as usual, or didn't know how to answer to an unclear thread title and post. 

And what is your interest in defending a troll?

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

The post itself and thread title is not clear to many people. He could have written high latency, desync or other stuff for it to be more understandable for general population.

Johnny's post is an answer to op's post at same level. 

Why should they know? Not everyone in  this game is a no life gaming nerd. There are many veterans here (although some may have gotten into gaming, some not).

Apparently, people either didn't take op serious as usual, or didn't know how to answer to an unclear thread title and post. 

And what is your interest in defending a troll?

Rubberbanding has been used since online gaming exists. And to Google something that simpel isn't difficult. 

You don't just label someone a troll for using the correct term for... guess what. Rubberbanding 

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=rubberbanding+gaming

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,307 posts
31,630 battles
13 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

Rubberbanding has been used since online gaming exists. And to Google something that simpel isn't difficult. 

You don't just label someone a troll for using the correct term for... guess what. Rubberbanding 

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=rubberbanding+gaming

We are back to square one. 

• Cool 2