Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curesto

Nagato Or Yorck?

15 comments in this topic

Players
48 posts
595 battles

Hi, title may confusing, i've enough xps to research both ships but only have enough credits to buy one of them. Which one should i buy?

[BBMM]
Players
6,368 posts
8,552 battles

Depends on what you like more. Nagato = BB, York = cruiser. 

York is better IMO (when I see a Nagato I always shoot that one first...).

[NMA]
Players
84 posts
4,299 battles

Yorck is better, Nagato is powercreeped badly. Yorck is one of smallest cruisers in game with good maneuverability and decent survibality for it's tier even if the firepower is meh.

Then again you might want to look at the whole tech lines, at next tier Amagi is better than Hipper imo, great torp protection, 10x410 accurate guns and good speed.

Players
2,688 posts
21,668 battles

You want to spend as little time as possible on Tier 7, or any Tier below 9 for that matter, since all you are on these tiers is carrier fodder. So the question is actually, are you in a greater hurry to reach Roon or Izumo? You want to free-XP as many ships as possible in between.

That said, I would mind grinding through Amagi a lot less than Hipper, and even Nagato is fairly OK once you have the hull upgrade. The guns are very reliable (except against Russian ships of course.)

[SHAFT]
Players
11,083 posts
9,479 battles

For Coop, Yorck might be the more fun choice, as BBs often are a bit too slow to grab their share of the action. Yorck has the advantage of fairly decent armor, turtleback and torps. So you can just rush in and torp the bots :Smile_playing:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
26 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Nagato existed and survived WW2, Yorck is fiction.

One of the alternative designs to  what became the Deutchland class to be fair..

Players
167 posts
6,635 battles

fully researched Nagato is OK ship, then it`s Amagi, which when fully researched is also a great ship and then it`s Izumo which also is great ship when fully researched. And then it`s Yama.
German cruisers are kinda boring. at least for me.

If you have issues with credits, you need premium account and few premium ships, like Massachusets which will be in Black version next Friday.

Players
488 posts
6,319 battles

I skipped Nagato and I skipped Amagi too, but that’s just me. New Izumo is good. Yorck used to be terrible, but new Yorck is actually a decent ship,  I had fun with it. Hipper, on the other hand, is garbage. Your mileage may vary.

Players
663 posts
14,729 battles

Yorck great for its tier and can punch a bit over that. Nagato less so but you will have to grind it if you want the yammy so.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

What do you want to get? There's so many questions.

Like, do you want it for the T7 or to grind beyond T7 or just for fun? Do you prefer BB gameplay or cruiser gameplay? Any specifics you want out of the ship?

Overall, both ships are decent for their tier, not very special. In terms of powerlevel, Yorck is the better ship overall and for ranked, but Nagato might be more comfortable to play in randoms, because while Nagato isn't any longer top tier T7 material, it still is an okish BB and BBs are more forgiving and Nagato might not be a Sinop, but it still isn't complete trash even when uptiered. Yorck meanwhile is a cruiser and vs T9 also isn't garbage, but cruisers just are less forgiving. Obviously if you are of the opinion that you want the mighty yamato sooner than Hindenburg, go play Nagato. In terms of what comes after these two ships, Yamato and Hindenburg are both quite strong T10s that can hold their own. If you like BBs or cruisers more than the other, then that should make your choice obvious.

18 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Yorck is strong with better HE dpm than the tier 9 Roon.

Yorck HE dpm: 116k (5 rpm x 8 barrels x 2900 HE damage)

Roon HE dpm: 128.6k (5.7 rpm x 9 barrels x 2500 HE damage) (146.1k with MBM3)

Are you comparing to stock Roon? Yorck does outdpm the Hipper though. Frankly, Yorck for its tier is pretty passable, Hipper is anaemic, Roon returns to passable, Hindenburg is quite strong.

[SHAD]
Players
2,941 posts
12,673 battles
7 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

What do you want to get? There's so many questions.

Like, do you want it for the T7 or to grind beyond T7 or just for fun? Do you prefer BB gameplay or cruiser gameplay? Any specifics you want out of the ship?

Overall, both ships are decent for their tier, not very special. In terms of powerlevel, Yorck is the better ship overall and for ranked, but Nagato might be more comfortable to play in randoms, because while Nagato isn't any longer top tier T7 material, it still is an okish BB and BBs are more forgiving and Nagato might not be a Sinop, but it still isn't complete trash even when uptiered. Yorck meanwhile is a cruiser and vs T9 also isn't garbage, but cruisers just are less forgiving. Obviously if you are of the opinion that you want the mighty yamato sooner than Hindenburg, go play Nagato. In terms of what comes after these two ships, Yamato and Hindenburg are both quite strong T10s that can hold their own. If you like BBs or cruisers more than the other, then that should make your choice obvious.

Yorck HE dpm: 116k (5 rpm x 8 barrels x 2900 HE damage)

Roon HE dpm: 128.6k (5.7 rpm x 9 barrels x 2500 HE damage) (146.1k with MBM3)

Are you comparing to stock Roon? Yorck does outdpm the Hipper though. Frankly, Yorck for its tier is pretty passable, Hipper is anaemic, Roon returns to passable, Hindenburg is quite strong.

Yes I was. 
Since it’s shell travel time buff it is pretty strong as a long range HE spammer while it’s AP works well on battleship upper belts.

Sign in to follow this