Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
1MajorKoenig

Warspite or Queen Elizabeth?

52 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
10,231 posts
7,164 battles

Hi folks,

although Warspite is one of the oldest Prems I surprisingly never got her. Mainly due to the fact that she is a fully rebuilt representation of that class - much prefer the original or 1920s configuration. 

Regardless - question to those who own both: which one to get+keep?

What are the differences?

Thanks + cheers

• Cool 1

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles

QE is for free, have tad better range, better HE but worse AP shells and slower turret traverse. Port indicates worse turn radius, but still decent for a BB.

Warpie have cruiser DCP with 60s reload and recovers bit more hp per heal tick (0.6% instead 0.5%), her secondaries have 1km more range which may or may not enable some secondary memes in T6 operations.

Main reason why go for Warpie would be need for T6 premium BB and you just happen to have raised UK BB captain, as for QE you would have to raise one from scratch.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

QE's pros:

• free ship
  • short fuze AP means less overpens
  • while the HE isn't great by British standards, it's better than Warspite's
  • one of the best AA suites at T6. If not the best.

Warspite's pros:

• better turret traverse
  • better secondaries
  • better damecon
  • better heal (20% more hp per tick)

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,952 posts
12,874 battles

Warspite is also more accurate, the only BB with 2.1 sigma (alongside Yamato), and way more maneuverable than other BBs. 6s better rudder than QE and 550m turning circle is DDlike. 

• Cool 2

[FAILS]
Players
595 posts
20,667 battles
6 minutes ago, kfa said:

Warspite is also more accurate, the only BB with 2.1 sigma (alongside Yamato), and way more maneuverable than other BBs. 6s better rudder than QE and 550m turning circle is DDlike. 

Are you sure about that? I believe they have the exact same accuracy with 2.0 sigma, the only differences in the guns being the far better HE shells on QE and the shorter fuse which makes QE a bit better against cruisers, but worse against battleships (and the even slower turrets on QE).

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
6 minutes ago, kfa said:

Warspite has 2.0 sigma, same as QE. The only BB with 2.1 sigma alongside Yamato is the Baijie.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,952 posts
12,874 battles
3 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Warspite has 2.0 sigma, same as QE. The only BB with 2.1 sigma alongside Yamato is the Baijie.

Alright my bad. 

[RODS]
Players
1,479 posts
7,515 battles
13 minutes ago, kfa said:

Not correct

Warspite 2.0 Sigma 204 Dispersion at max range (16.3 km)

Queen E. 2.0 Sigma 212 Dispersion at max range (17.15 km)

Warspite has a longer AP fuse timer 0.033 compared to QE 0.015 (which means Warspite will more likely do damage to more heavily armoured targets while QE more likely will do better against light armour)

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
7 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

Are you sure about that? I believe they have the exact same accuracy with 2.0 sigma, the only differences in the guns being the far better HE shells on QE and the shorter fuse which makes QE a bit better against cruisers, but worse against battleships (and the even slower turrets on QE).

Contrary to popular belief... short fuze is hardly the issue against BBs. Most BBs don't have that much space between citadel and belt, or they have way too much defenses inbetween. What British BBs do have though is appaling levels of AP penetration. Including the Waspite. These ships typically pen rather little, so most belts at range are too thick. Warspite at T6 is still pretty okish due to the tier, but it set the trend for all T6 big gun BBs, bigger guns meant WWI ammunition, thus crap pen. WV is the exception.

What QE does have is even lower pen than Warspite though and at range, too little to get through most belts at the tier if they are even somewhat angled. Uptiered it can get worse. Something like KGV or Monarch, QE would only pen within 13 km if they are pretty much flat broadside.

[FAILS]
Players
595 posts
20,667 battles
24 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Contrary to popular belief... short fuze is hardly the issue against BBs. Most BBs don't have that much space between citadel and belt, or they have way too much defenses inbetween. What British BBs do have though is appaling levels of AP penetration. Including the Waspite. These ships typically pen rather little, so most belts at range are too thick. Warspite at T6 is still pretty okish due to the tier, but it set the trend for all T6 big gun BBs, bigger guns meant WWI ammunition, thus crap pen. WV is the exception.

What QE does have is even lower pen than Warspite though and at range, too little to get through most belts at the tier if they are even somewhat angled. Uptiered it can get worse. Something like KGV or Monarch, QE would only pen within 13 km if they are pretty much flat broadside.

Yeah, my bad, I have not looked at the pen values of the ships, but I know that my Warspite fares far better against BBs, but also overpens cruisers more. I just though it was down to the fuse, but the difference in pen makes more sense.

[FAILS]
Players
595 posts
20,667 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Difference in dispersion is not that big

image.png.78d30258493940692338f1618b5915ec.png

maxdispersion in m at xkm.

So they actually have different dispersion patterns. Interesting. So technically, Warspite is more accurate, but probably not noticeably so.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Hi folks,

although Warspite is one of the oldest Prems I surprisingly never got her. Mainly due to the fact that she is a fully rebuilt representation of that class - much prefer the original or 1920s configuration. 

Thanks + cheers

Me too, but in my case... there's a thing in t6 called Bayern and...

58 minutes ago, kfa said:

550 m? i 

How fast can the rudder turn ?

Players
2,074 posts
16,239 battles

Not sure I understand the original question, since one is a premium you have to buy, and the other can be obtained for free, meaning - if you were prepared to buy a t6 premium ship anyway - why not get both? Both are excellent ships.

• Cool 3

Players
851 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

...why not get both? Both are excellent ships.

My thoughts exactly. Warspite comes with its own port slot even. Plus you can put Queenie's (or really any lower-tier RN BB) captain into Warspite for training. Both awesome ships, particularly in the T6 Ops if that's your thing.

Of course you should only ever have Jingles as commander of your Warspite ;)

Edit: Also if you like those, get Bayern (which is German for 'Queen Warspite') too...

[DREAD]
Players
10,231 posts
7,164 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

Not sure I understand the original question, since one is a premium you have to buy, and the other can be obtained for free, meaning - if you were prepared to buy a t6 premium ship anyway - why not get both? Both are excellent ships.

Thanks - I have QE but barely play her. Was thinking to switch to Warspite and was wondering if that is worth it.

Not a dedicated captain is a plus though 

[DREAD]
Players
10,231 posts
7,164 battles
1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

Edit: Also if you like those, get Bayern (which is German for 'Queen Warspite') too...

Yes of course I have Bayern - stock hull of course :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
233 posts
2,755 battles

The Warspite has super accuracy on the 6" secondaries making it the only British BB with a half viable secondary build. It might not be optimal (well, it really isn't) but for those who want a mid tier brawler it is at least fun.

[DREAD]
Players
10,231 posts
7,164 battles
30 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

The Warspite has super accuracy on the 6" secondaries making it the only British BB with a half viable secondary build. It might not be optimal (well, it really isn't) but for those who want a mid tier brawler it is at least fun.

Really? Does she use a different secondaries formula?

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
3 hours ago, NobleSauvage said:

care to "reverse engineering" your phrase.

I know Bayern, i love Bayern 

Why should i buy Warspite? 

It has 550 m turning radius vs 630 m (both :cap_like:)

it has 14.2 s rudder vs my rudder 11.1 s ( can i make it equally fast?)

It has almost half  of the Bayern armour (that bit it's...)

How fast can Warspite guns rotate?

and...?

but...?

[JRM]
Players
7,045 posts
7 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Hi folks,

Thanks + cheers

Both

Players
233 posts
2,755 battles
10 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Really? Does she use a different secondaries formula?

Yes, but only on the 6" guns, the same formula as the Massa/Georgia. I ran my Warspite exclusively with a secondary build and did fairly well although the holes in her armour can be quickly exposed.

Sign in to follow this