Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Kansas will have 1.6 sigma

18 comments in this topic

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

So in practical terms this means I will miss by half a mile rather than sending shells into the next map. Right! Good to know WG is on the case.

• Funny 5

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts
20 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Still garbage, just less so.

This, both Kanzas and Minessota are getting sold the moment I am able to do so and I am not touching that line with a 10 foot pole unless it gets a complete overhaul...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SINT]
Players
985 posts
21,821 battles

So the upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 is like going from aFuso towards Dunkek level of accuracy? But an improvement is an improvement. If only they could shave a few secs from the reload.

But with the Kansas buff what’s the gunnery improvement from upgrading from Kansas towards Minnesota now? The only difference is access to the reload/ accuracy module for the Minnesota.

Players
1,903 posts
8,227 battles
25 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

But with the Kansas buff what’s the gunnery improvement from upgrading from Kansas towards Minnesota now? The only difference is access to the reload/ accuracy module for the Minnesota.

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/07/kansas-tier-viii-american-battleship.html

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/07/minnesota-tier-ix-american-battleship.html

Kansas:

MAIN BATTERY
4 x 3 406 mm/45 Mk7:
Firing Range:   22.7 km
Reload Time:   40.0 s
180 Degree Turn Time:   45 s
Maximum Dispersion:   287 m
Sigma Value:   1.5 to 1.6σ

AP SHELLS
406 mm AP Mk5 mod. 1:

Alpha Damage:  11800
Ammo Type:  AP
Air Drag Coefficient:  0.336
Always Ricochet at:  60.0°
Normalisation:  6.0°
Fusetime:  0.033 s
Detonator Threshold:  68.0 mm
Shell Diameter:  0.406 m
Krupp:  2836.0
Mass:  920.0 kg
Start Ricochet:  45.0°
Muzzle Velocity:  738 m/s

Minnesota:

MAIN BATTERY
4 x 3 406 mm/45 Mk7:
Firing Range:   23.3 km
Reload Time:   40.0 s
180 Degree Turn Time:   45 s
Maximum Dispersion:   293 m
Sigma Value:   1.80σ

AP SHELLS
406 mm AP Mk8 mod. 1:

Alpha Damage:  12800
Ammo Type:  AP
Air Drag Coefficient:  0.352
Always Ricochet at:  60.0°
Normalisation:  6.0°
Fusetime:  0.033 s
Detonator Threshold:  68.0 mm
Shell Diameter:  0.406 m
Krupp:  2520.0
Mass:  1100.0 kg
Start Ricochet:  45.0°
Muzzle Velocity:  762 m/s

Players
1,391 posts
16,576 battles

Well, already have the XP for Minnesota on her so doesn't change much for me beyond being less frustrating to play in coop in the future during snowflake events. 

[RONIN]
Players
465 posts
4,280 battles

you gotta ask yourself, did wargaming staff play this ship?

after they played it imagine they said to eachother, hey guys this is great and fun ship to play, good work comrads.

• Funny 1

Players
149 posts
4,401 battles
3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

you gotta ask yourself, did wargaming staff play this ship?

after they played it imagine they said to eachother, hey guys this is great and fun ship to play, good work comrads.

I doubt  they ever have played! Ammount of grind that was needed to get Junk ship as Kansas actually dives me like game less and less and in general insane grind to get just junk stuff! Fairly sure that original South Dakota- Class 1920 design would have  been much reasonable low tier BB than this imaginary refit of a ship that barely had its hull made!

Players
3,101 posts
17,561 battles

Sigma was never one of the bigger issues with Kansas......

When nobody sails into range of it in the first place AND they have plenty of time to reverse the mistake while Kansas gunners takes a nap and a shower before they're ready to shoot!

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,360 battles
9 hours ago, Yedwy said:

This, both Kanzas and Minessota are getting sold the moment I am able to do so and I am not touching that line with a 10 foot pole unless it gets a complete overhaul...

The T10 is pretty good considering it has the same shells as Ohio and Georgia. The blap power is great on it. Worth having it imho, even though it's slow. 

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

The T10 is pretty good considering it has the same shells as Ohio and Georgia. The blap power is great on it. Worth having it imho, even though it's slow. 

Tat thing is getting nerfhammered within 3 months

[SHAFT]
Players
11,141 posts
9,500 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Tat thing is getting nerfhammered within 3 months

First new ranked season format extra small TX maps so Vermont will be a decent pick? I wonder if they can figure out something else to make Vermont uber pick in the new ranked season.

[ZEN]
Players
1,253 posts
13,911 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

First new ranked season format extra small TX maps so Vermont will be a decent pick? I wonder if they can figure out something else to make Vermont uber pick in the new ranked season.

Make it a base defence mode like the operation Defence of Naval station Newport, then it won't have to go anywhere :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
11 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

When nobody sails into range of it in the first place AND they have plenty of time to reverse the mistake while Kansas gunners takes a nap and a shower before they're ready to shoot!

Never had any range issues with my Kansas, nor really with sigma: the shear volume of shells per volley takes care of that.

The one issue I do have is the pen against BBs

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

Issue with both Kanzas and Minnesota is that they are inconsistent in dealing damage, that might be ok if the ships were reasonably fast and durable such as say germans are so you can offset the inconsistency with endurance and positioning but the way they are now they are slow xp pinyatas for the enemy team, sure occasionally you get a devstrike salvo in, however other BBs get that as well and without being 21-22kt barges in T10 MM, enemy HE spammers dont even need to be esp competent to farm you to death within minutes...

Sign in to follow this