Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
oosel

can you have a marker if you are chat banned

28 comments in this topic

[VH]
Players
173 posts
16,702 battles

it seems you can be chat banned on a regular occurrence these days but can you guys not put a marker on chat banned people so people know you cannot reply back...………….

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles

Actually a pretty good idea..Mind you not as good a idea as not getting chat banned in the first place, but it's a good 'un.

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles

I was chat banned once across my career, I think, and I remember the super-frustrating feeling of not just being unable to talk to clan mates/division mates - but not even being able to notify them WHY I can't respond...

So, while I'm not really worried about getting chat bans, I'd actually support the idea of a marker or something like that. Could be voluntary (if someone fears harassment over the chat ban) but some way of informing people that you can't talk to them is needed in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[XITAX]
[XITAX]
Players
73 posts
5,490 battles
3 ore fa, R3DR1D1NGH0OD ha scritto:

A mark would make the chatbanned a target for ridicule as the team killing system already does.

So you are saying that the gorgeous pink nickname isn't something you get 'cause of fashioness? You teared my world apart.

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
3 hours ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

would be nice to know someone cant respond 

Since this May, most of the time I cant respond. I belive people think im cocky because I dont wanna talk to them :cap_yes:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,984 posts
13,412 battles
12 hours ago, oosel said:

it seems you can be chat banned on a regular occurrence these days but can you guys not put a marker on chat banned people so people know you cannot reply back...………….

I suggested this a number of months ago.  A number of people suggested that there should be a marker if the player had disabled chat which would include players that had been chat banned.

32 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

@oosel So what if they don't know you can't reply back? 

Some players want to be polite in-game and would like others know that they are unable to respond to comments in-game rather than be seen as being rude.

Players
2,299 posts
31,393 battles
13 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Some players want to be polite in-game and would like others know that they are unable to respond to comments in-game rather than be seen as being rude.

Want to be polite by letting others know via marker that he is chat banned by not being polite in the first place?

• Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,984 posts
13,412 battles
Just now, Execute0rder66 said:

Want to be polite by letting others know that he is chat banned by not being polite in the first place via marker?

Not all players are toxic all the time - some get triggered by something another player posted and react poorly.  Yes, I know it's a video game - my last chat ban was because I called another player's stats dogshit (they had played poorly and their stats were hidden) which isn't that toxic.

There are times that players do just chat with each other - for instance when another player 'saved the day' for the team.  I've had players talk to me in-game and been unable to respond to them - I think I was able to send them a PM on the forum (but not all players are active on the forum).

• Cool 1

Players
2,299 posts
31,393 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

Not all players are toxic all the time - some get triggered by something another player posted and react poorly. 

I agree but still chat ban applies to those who acted impolite in chat regardless, don't you think? 

If it was a false flag, meaning, false reporting, the chat ban does not apply, only karma goes down. Hence, there must have been quite a lot of impolite reaction in previous chats to receive a chat ban.

As "but i got chat banned for no reason, I am innocent" does not exist, that brings us back to the question, why an impolite person would want to be seem polite when they are chat banned by having a marker next to their nick? 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,984 posts
13,412 battles
5 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

As "but i got chat banned for no reason, I am innocent" does not exist, that brings us back to the question, why an impolite person would want to be seem polite when they are chat banned by having a marker next to their nick? 

Because players who are usually polite can still respond in the wrong way and get chat banned.  Not everyone is impolite 100% of the time - I presume even the absolute arse will still be capable of non toxic conversations.

Players
2,299 posts
31,393 battles
3 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Because players who are usually polite can still respond in the wrong way and get chat banned.  Not everyone is impolite 100% of the time - I presume even the absolute arse will still be capable of non toxic conversations.

But that's what I wrote, a usually polite person does not receive a chat ban. It takes around ten or more reports to be restricted from writing in chat.

As a matter fact, I think such a marker would work exactly the opposite way to being ridiculed by others. If I'm chat banned and want to seem polite to others for whatever reason, I wouldn't want people know I'm chat banned in the first place where a marker tells everyone how I've behaved until now to get such restrictions.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,401 posts
10,939 battles

Just use ingame commands. Eventually they will understand that you are denied to communicate by WG "law"

[BATES]
Alpha Tester
3,072 posts
12,020 battles
15 hours ago, R3DR1D1NGH0OD said:

A mark would make the chatbanned a target for ridicule as the team killing system already does.

You are 100% correct. A lot of people are incredibly simple minded and immature in that they would automatically associate the 'chat ban' marker with someone who 'did something wrong' and thereafter prejudice them for this reason. The notion of having done something wrong in this sense is highly subjective since the system itself is massively open to abuse.

The chatbanned person stands no chance against this type of prejudice and can't even defend themselves by simply denying it, and lets face it, there are people in this forum right now who still fully associate anyone with a chat ban with guilt. Even a 1% chance of innocence (and I'd stake my life on it being far higher in reality) means a person cannot be assumed to have been deserving of the ban until proven so, but so many here still offer judgement of 'you shouldn't have got chatbanned in the fist place' with the ignorant assumption of it being earned.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,717 posts
17,972 battles
Vor 16 Stunden, R3DR1D1NGH0OD sagte:

Ahh... in that case

its-a-yes-from-me.jpg.6c075d55a2d5c27506ab0dbd9fbf9df7.jpg

Beta Tester
1,717 posts
17,972 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, BrusilovX sagte:

... - I presume even the absolute arse will still be capable of non toxic conversations.

I can confirm that. Even I manage to be polite at times.

[UNNF]
Players
101 posts
14,736 battles

WG does not give a flying cow what you think, you are just a cash cow. Soon everyone will be permanently chat banned , so problem solved.:cat_cool:

This is toxic game with no customer service and no future :cap_cool:

Players
1,664 posts

Just rename your account to oosel_the_chatbanned 

:Smile_hiding:

17 hours ago, eliastion said:

I was chat banned once across my career, I think, and I remember the super-frustrating feeling of not just being unable to talk to clan mates/division mates - but not even being able to notify them WHY I can't respond...

You are doing it wrong. You have to insult really hard and often then you get a manual chat ban from the support. These chat bans only affect the battle chat, normal port and clan chat works fine. It's the automated chat ban that bans you from all chats, which is beyond stupid IMO.

[UNNF]
Players
101 posts
14,736 battles

These days everyone can be easily chat banned. Friends get chat ban, when they have the chat deactivated or some of them was on holiday and did not play at all. Just report a player for misbehave in chat and when he collects enough reports - automatic ban from the system. Players that play CVc or DDs will get bonus reports :cap_like:

Game broke as intended - enjoy :cap_cool:

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,146 battles
18 hours ago, lafeel said:

Actually a pretty good idea..Mind you not as good a idea as not getting chat banned in the first place, but it's a good 'un.

It's pretty obvious you don't play ranked often. You get reported for any reason at any time, getting chatbanned is normal, at least in premiuer league.

Or if you play CV's. Then I'd report you too.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
1 hour ago, Bortasqu said:

It's pretty obvious you don't play ranked often. You get reported for any reason at any time, getting chatbanned is normal, at least in premiuer league.

Or if you play CV's. Then I'd report you too.

Dont play ranked at all. Or CV's for that matter..

Sign in to follow this