You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Skyee_8492

Divisions (Is it becoming a necessity?)

54 comments in this topic

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts

Is it just me or has the PB becoming more lacklustre? Trying to get a shred of common sense from a majority of team mates lately is rather few and far between (You can tell them how to win and they'll insist on throwing it) and i can't help get the feeling that the play quality is having a bit of a hefty dip lately  in overall performance no matter what tier you're in or are the older players just leaving on mass? 

Lately i only ever really find my chances of winning more improving when i'm division'd up with friends, in fact the rise is fairly dramatic actually. Say i play 8,9 games and only 2 or 3 will end in a loss compared to when i've gone solo and its been 5 straight losses. (NOT FUN). Of course this issue has been raised a billion times about player quality before and it will always be an issue so obvs its going to been a work around and my recommendation is to div up with capable teammates. For obvs reasons divs can only benefit the teams if they intergrate themselves into the the team itself because how many times have you have a div in your game and they've only helped each other and the entire team have paid for it. (Also not fun) and also i notice the MM was a lot kinder hardly ever uptiering if we all stuck to a specific tier class or we could sometimes trick the MM into down tiering us oddly,

It seems to be more the case you can't rely on "team mates" at all for support.

I had a game yesterday that is a prime example of this were a the entire team was dead bare me and another totally incapable player. During the game 1 DD completely sailed around a CAP even though it was completely unmarked and ready for the taking (A first to see happen in 3 years) A dd that doesn't want to cap! Even though i spotted it and it was totally clear instead sailing away only to die! anyways Its 2 vs 5 by the end of the match so odds are stacked but not out of the game yet. (Its not over till its over) I was Ark royal and the other left alive was in a Vasteras, gave the DD that was left alive plenty of time to help support me from an incoming Shiratsuyu that in the end i had to kill myself even though my "team mate" was only 10km away from him instead opting to head in thee oversite direction to HE spam a Graf Spee and ultimately getting killed. (A complete braindead move if i ever saw one) A fairly winnable match down the bog once again ultimately down to another other players stupidity yet wouldn't have even keep an issue if was in a div. An arse about face move that completely left me frustrated.

The times i division up compared to when i don't are quite noticeable. It seems to me being in a division is more of necessity rather tha a luxury! I've always said i consider myself a capable player, i don't claim to be the best but with time comes experience and so on but these days..... T9 & 10s are a complete joke atm and ort to be totally avoided if you're a long standing player of the game, it seems to be the case that everybody in T10 these days started playing WoWs like 2 weeks ago :Smile_veryhappy:  completely streamrolled their way through the tiers to reach T10 and learned nothing along the way. Coal ships have mostly likely compounded the issue with the Thunderers & Georgia's (Gladfully leaving us but i'm sure to be replaced with something more ridiculous for noobs to jump on) If anything these high tier material ships should have a min requirement to obtain them or just not have ships in such high tiers that anybody can just get and the APR Yamato was just a poor choice overall. It should have just been a skin but allowing people just to buy their way into T10 was pretty lame and the only people who are really paying the true price is the play base. I've seen this as people's FIRST & ONLY ship!

So if you're fed up and shishy players, Div up! Get a nice div going with some capable friends and you'll have a better time win or lose but probably mostly winning is suspect! and avoid tiers 9 & 10. If a complete potato farm, at least in the mid tiers whilst its annoying its some what to acceptable. 

• Cool 3

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,994 posts
19,817 battles

+1 But then some bright spark will pop up to say you are 'stat padding' by daring to play in Divisions..... you won't win buddy !

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,889 posts
14,450 battles

To this day 98% of my games are solo, and it'll eventually peak at 99.999999999999~%

Isn't that sad

Spoiler

QHgRS.gif.91dacac8edab028b113ffa13e09d0eed.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
21 minutes ago, cherry2blost said:

+1 But then some bright spark will pop up to say you are 'stat padding' by daring to play in Divisions..... you won't win buddy !

True! You're right you can't do anything in WoWs right but then again i know people who don't div and stat pad haha. Tbh would it be a bad thing tho? :Smile_trollface: Personally i don't stat pad, i think its just not very honestly but its whatever floats ya boat.

but being in a div, it's a nice change to have people you can actually rely on, People who know there stuff instead being at the mercy of whatever mediocre guff the MM has to offer :Smile_veryhappy: usually players that are more idiotic and lacking in any forethought of how to go around problem solving instead opting to just go full retard. 

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
3 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

To this day 98% of my games are solo, and it'll eventually peak at 99.999999999999~%

Isn't that sad

Reveal hidden contents

QHgRS.gif.91dacac8edab028b113ffa13e09d0eed.gif

Very sad! :Smile_veryhappy:

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
356 posts
5,206 battles

It increases your chances, as long you div up with good players - otherwise it works the other way around. Not a guarantee to win tho.

• Cool 2

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
10 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

It increases your chances, as long you div up with good players - otherwise it works the other way around. Not a guarantee to win tho.

Thats why i made sure to emphasise capable teammates, i should have said players really but to me it was just implied since i wouldn't div a incapables ones :Smile_veryhappy: 

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,429 posts
10,977 battles
10 minutes ago, Skyee_8492 said:

Thats why i made sure to emphasise capable teammates, i should have said players really but to me it was just implied since i wouldn't div a incapables ones :Smile_veryhappy: 

TBH I am always worse in Divisions than standalone.

In my personal life I also prefer to be alone and deal with my things the way I want and this is the wae I play. So even though I am not a potat and I can div up wzth another better than average player the statistics show that I lose on performance.

It might be the fact that I am not used to it however I feel better doing this on my way sooooo I guess the answer is:

Depends on the people.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,126 posts
9,500 battles
9 minutes ago, Europizza said:

image.png.0eaa25f51f9f1e7e0b29e0e822661c94.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really only played solo like the first year of my wows career :cap_yes:

• Cool 2

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
24 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

TBH I am always worse in Divisions than standalone.

In my personal life I also prefer to be alone and deal with my things the way I want and this is the wae I play. So even though I am not a potat and I can div up wzth another better than average player the statistics show that I lose on performance.

It might be the fact that I am not used to it however I feel better doing this on my way sooooo I guess the answer is:

Depends on the people.

True, for me i guess its just nice to have people to rely on. Trying to get support more often that not comes to late or doesn't come at all.... At least if you lose you can say well at least you tried.

• Cool 1

Players
2,306 posts
31,558 battles
23 minutes ago, Europizza said:

image.thumb.png.a069ff380f12d687b8e4df83b2290faf.pngimage.thumb.png.2106cca02929449a49e03c186ce4c2fc.png

giphy.gif

I usually win in divisions, doesn't matter with whom or what tier I division in.

But still most of my games are solo.

image.jpeg

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,193 battles
31 minutes ago, Europizza said:

image.thumb.png.a069ff380f12d687b8e4df83b2290faf.pngimage.thumb.png.2106cca02929449a49e03c186ce4c2fc.png

giphy.gif

You are comparing samples too different sizes, 17000 against 107) Maybe more than 500 in division for fair comparable, or resampling the solo results in several of lower sizes .... This could explain the differences

• Cool 1

Players
3,534 posts
14,238 battles

I'm grinding a new account and nearly all solo and am loving it. But I'm also grinding through my fav class and lines first. Ask me again when I eventually get round to BB's...

• Cool 1

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
2 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

I'm grinding a new account and nearly all solo and am loving it. But I'm also grinding through my fav class and lines first. Ask me again when I eventually get round to BB's...

What made you start a new account?? 

Players
3,292 posts
19,999 battles
11 minutes ago, neorvo said:

You are comparing samples too different sizes, 17000 against 107) Maybe more than 500 in division for fair comparable, or resampling the solo results in several of lower sizes .... This could explain the differences

The stats are only confirming what I know to be true by personal experience: I do stupid crap when I'm in a division. Somehow my decision making is worse. It's not my division mates, it's me.

• Funny 1

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,193 battles
3 minutes ago, Europizza said:

The stats are only confirming what I know to be true by personal experience: I do stupid crap when I'm in a division. Somehow my decision making is worse. It's not my division mates, it's me.

You don't need to play division. How is going playing Hayate?

[2DQT]
Players
375 posts
1 hour ago, Nov_A said:

Shows you never have been a teacher. One teammate who isnt stellar but cooperates/listens when he is in a div will be less of a detriment to your team.

Ofc  not in all cases but it is not so black and white as the circlejerk that you describe. Good luck with all the players that you don't want to get better.

Players
3,292 posts
19,999 battles
Just now, neorvo said:

You don't need to play division.

I don't. I have compassion for my fellow gamers :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,889 posts
14,450 battles
3 minutes ago, Europizza said:

When people watch, you tend to :etc_swear: up.

The story of my life.

And XTREM KOTS results.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Playing divs can be interesting if I want to be social. Most of the time though, no, I'd rather not. Div mates typically just mean I get less damage, which sucks. Also, I can be social in other games.

Players
3,534 posts
14,238 battles
2 hours ago, Skyee_8492 said:

What made you start a new account?? 

I made an account ages ago for the NA server. Before you could move accounts as I have 2 on EU. I then forgot about it because I was able to put my 2nd account on NA which had way more ships and prems (I was invited to join an NA clan which is why I swapped the account to the NA server). So, I forgot alllll about that starter account, until I got an email from WG gifting me a prem Sims and 30 days prem times. I thought It would be fun to see how far I could grind in 30 days. Then I stuck at it, liking the challenge of doing whole silver lines starting with 3 point captains and minimal flags and camos etc. And as an added bonus, it really shows my current playing levels after years of learning and having legacy stats in effect lowering what I am really now capable off. 

• Cool 1

[91-BS]
Players
170 posts
5 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

I made an account ages ago for the NA server. Before you could move accounts as I have 2 on EU. I then forgot about it because I was able to put my 2nd account on NA which had way more ships and prems (I was invited to join an NA clan which is why I swapped the account to the NA server). So, I forgot alllll about that starter account, until I got an email from WG gifting me a prem Sims and 30 days prem times. I thought It would be fun to see how far I could grind in 30 days. Then I stuck at it, liking the challenge of doing whole silver lines starting with 3 point captains and minimal flags and camos etc. And as an added bonus, it really shows my current playing levels after years of learning and having legacy stats in effect lowering what I am really now capable off. 

Ahhh i see. I was thinking like this guy doesn't look like he needs a new account haha I'd usually recommend that for people who have completely bombed their first accounts. I've thought about doing to NA, is it any different?