Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

PT 0.9.11, balance changes. (DB 97)

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,793 posts
4,053 battles

Hi,

We'd like to present you some of the changes that are going to be tested on the 9.11 public test for certain ships.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 1

[FAF]
[FAF]
Players
484 posts
17,825 battles
34 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

We'd like to present you some of the changes that are going to be tested on the 9.11 public test for certain ships.

Read more.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

So that means that Khabarovsk and Harugumo will take full damage when hit with SAP from the new Italian BBs when they comes out and Kitakaze gets a even worse detectability than it has now Has WG and the devs lost their minds @Tanatoy ?? :etc_swear:

• Bad 1

Players
11 posts
19,670 battles
9 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

SO that means that Khabarovsk and Harugumo will take full damage when hit with SAP from the new Italian BBs when they comes out and Kitakaze gets a even worse detectability than it has now Has WG and the devs lost their minds @Tanatoy ?? :etc_swear:

image.thumb.png.ac203fbd669d07063281e734ed39f38a.png

Reading is hard :Pepega:

• Funny 9

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
184 posts
8,487 battles
11 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

SO that means that Khabarovsk and Harugumo will take full damage when hit with SAP from the new Italian BBs when they comes out and Kitakaze gets a even worse detectability than it has now Has WG and the devs lost their minds @Tanatoy ?? :etc_swear:

Erm,
Damage to a ship's HP caused by an AP or SAP shell with a caliber of 280 mm and larger, will no longer exceed 10% of the maximum damage of the shell

So unless these new Italian BBs have guns smaller than 280mm (fairly certain they are using at least 381mm guns) then Khaba and Haru are going to only be taking 10% damage of SAP and AP.
Its a significant buff to both destroyers from being shot at by BB AP.
Doesnt change most Cruisers (beyond the Large Cruisers (Azuma, Yoshino, Krohnstadt ect)

As to the Kita concealment change, it makes all of 0.2km difference, still with full conceal build you are going to be 6.1km Detect, hardly much of a nerf (especially for a ship that you typically just follow the tracers to find)

[CATS]
Players
28,298 posts
14,932 battles

X Khabarovsk; X Harugumo:

• Damage to a ship's HP caused by an AP or SAP shell with a caliber of 280 mm and larger, will no longer exceed 10% of the maximum damage of the shell

First of all, that is a good step.

This also implies that BB SAP will generally not do more than 10% damage vs DD. Balancewise that is ok, but you should ask yourself why you bring a shell to the game that is so powerful that you have to limit its damage to 10% vs DD.

SAP was made for fighting lightly armored targets. Maybe you should rework the SAP shells or even reconsider bringing them for BB.

With this rule, RM BB will be weak vs DD as all other BB have the option to change to HE to fight DD.

• Cool 5

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,467 posts
20,573 battles

You guys do realize that bomb alpha and fire chance isn't the issue with Implacable, right?

Right?

• Cool 5

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,712 posts
14,220 battles

Finally reversing the exception for Khaba and Haru.

But it is curious that SAP is included in the comment when the current rule for SAP is to ignore this protection, to the best of my knowledge.

• Cool 1

Players
1,393 posts
16,589 battles
Vor 36 Minuten, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu sagte:

But it is curious that SAP is included in the comment when the current rule for SAP is to ignore this protection, to the best of my knowledge.

True, but until RN BB's we had not ships with a caliber greater than 203mm using SAP... 

Players
1,876 posts
3,563 battles
1 ora fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

Hi,

Read more.

Khaba and Haru buff: NOICE, Happy Khaba :Smile_Default:

Implacable buff... whatever

Kansas sigma buff: yeeeeh, took you long enough.

Kitakaze concealment nerf: very negligible the full concealment with a full build god from 5.94km to 6.10km, it's not too bad.

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

You guys do realize that bomb alpha and fire chance isn't the issue with Implacable, right?

Right?

No no comrade, that is how you give impression of changing something without actually changing anything :cap_tea:

• Funny 3

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

SAP originally had its own protection, to avoid Venezias devstriking DDs. Well, that was removed in testing. Now it follows general rules, which means SAP does the same checks as AP when interacting with an armour plate, just with a fixed pen value, better ricochet values and detonation right after impact. Also means mid-tier SAP cruisers can ignore angling of ships like Fiji or Leander.

Higher caliber SAP still only doing 10% damage means that the SAP there was basically handled like high caliber AP shells.

1,712 posts
14,220 battles
1 hour ago, HaachamaShipping said:

Higher caliber SAP still only doing 10% damage means that the SAP there was basically handled like high caliber AP shells.

Yes but currently DDs have no protection from SAP.

So, either the change for Khaba and Haru is a typo, Khaba and Haru will be the only DDs to be protected or they are extending DD large calibre shell protection to include SAP as well as AP.

Since WG have said previously there were not going to include SAP shells in the DD large calibre shell protection this new change now contradicts that.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,742 posts
6,714 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Right?

You dare contradict the Party?

gulag-o-clock.jpg.5cb933bed6570d693302f8d51a2d9555.jpg

• Funny 3

[OCG-R]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
784 posts
17,175 battles
Il y a 2 heures, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu a dit :

Yes but currently DDs have no protection from SAP.

So, either the change for Khaba and Haru is a typo, Khaba and Haru will be the only DDs to be protected or they are extending DD large calibre shell protection to include SAP as well as AP.

Since WG have said previously there were not going to include SAP shells in the DD large calibre shell protection this new change now contradicts that.

SAP from large caliber already do only 10% on DD. It's not a typo
and if you search in the devblog, you can find an article saying that SAP from 283mm and lower will no longuer have limitation against DD (here)

Players
25 posts
3,811 battles

Khabarovsk: Halfway there. Her gimmick is the armor plating - Not her torpedos and concealment, and I am totally fine with that. However (!) you *NEED* to take a look at her rudder speed aswell. 

I quote from a previous update:

Update 0.6.4 

Khabarovsk: Basic rudder shift time increased from 6.1s to 11.1s.

This killed off any chance (Along with full AP penetration damage) to make her a GOOD (Not OP) DD. 

[ZEN]
Players
1,253 posts
13,936 battles
7 hours ago, HaachamaShipping said:

SAP originally had its own protection, to avoid Venezias devstriking DDs. Well, that was removed in testing. Now it follows general rules, which means SAP does the same checks as AP when interacting with an armour plate, just with a fixed pen value, better ricochet values and detonation right after impact. Also means mid-tier SAP cruisers can ignore angling of ships like Fiji or Leander.

The reason WG had to change the SAP interaction with DDs was cause the Umikaze could out shoot the T2 Italian cruiser... Though TBH the core cause of the issue is that the SAP alpha is just too stupidly high if it was lower alpha than the AP so like a high damage HE shell and then the reloads compensated then the 10% rule would have never been needed in the first place.

• Cool 1

1,712 posts
14,220 battles
10 hours ago, Et3rnity_fr said:

SAP from large caliber already do only 10% on DD. It's not a typo
and if you search in the devblog, you can find an article saying that SAP from 283mm and lower will no longuer have limitation against DD (here)

This is not correct.

Firstly, the post you link relates to the Italian cruisers, not the Italian battleships. These ships were never affected by the large calibre shell protection of DDs because they do not fire large calibre shells. There was a 10% damage to DD protection applied to all SAP shells and this was removed from all SAP shells.

Secondly, the post also makes no mention of the large calibre protection rule at all.

This point was covered during the original ITA BB reveal stream.

https://clips.twitch.tv/QuaintFuriousRabbitArsonNoSexy

No change has been made to SAP since then that affected the DD protection exemption.

Unless you are a supertester and can confirm otherwise...

[OCG-R]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
784 posts
17,175 battles
Le 20/11/2020 à 01:18, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu a dit :

Unless you are a supertester and can confirm otherwise...

no, i'm not supertester.

i'm just a privateer but i have acces too test ship too. And yes SAP from 283mm+ don't do more than 10% damage on DD.

1,712 posts
14,220 battles
2 hours ago, Et3rnity_fr said:

no, i'm not supertester.

i'm just a privateer but i have acces too test ship too. And yes SAP from 283mm+ don't do more than 10% damage on DD.

Then why is that change not published anywhere? I can find no mention of this particularity.

Sign in to follow this