You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarDax

AI Mutiny vs Player Mutiny

14 comments in this topic

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

I am not saying I am competent enough to evaluate the job done by the AI engine. I guess it is OK, others can probably point out flaws, I am grateful it is not better than it is in Co-op Batlles anyhow. When I play Training I would expect AI vessels on my team to acknowledge orders - requests. I realize this can be disputed among real players in other battle types, but this is Training with AI ships vs AI ships. I am the only human, they should obey me? Right?

Why can I not expect an AI to respond to a "I need help" [F5] and come a bit closer to offer assistance and support? Why won't they capture Areas when told so?

Maybe I am missing something, sure if they are under fire it would be unreasonable to expect even AI vessels to just blindly ignore that and respond.

God knows all to many real players ignore what seems like sensible actions, but having mutineers even among AI?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,567 posts
13,734 battles

Apreciateable idea, but i think to make that work just for single player trainings is a lot of effort that might be spend elsewhere. Don't you think?

I mean what greater benefit for the game as a whole would be achived?

• Cool 2

Players
3,288 posts
19,941 battles

WG priority list

------------------------

1. sell lootboxes

2. 'sale' events haha

3. planes duh :(

60247. Make AI do stuff

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7

Players
312 posts
5,186 battles

from observing the bots in the key battles run into island after island 

im starting to suspect they dont even know what map they are on and just follow pre described paths with some minor deviations for ships in the way

what your asking for is them following a pretty complex algorithm to the point some salesperson would call it ai as its a fancy word 

that seems far beyond what they are capable of

• Funny 1

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
3 minutes ago, DasTongle said:

I mean what greater benefit for the game as a whole would be achived?

Well you can preted that the AI bots are humans actually responding and coming to your aid or doing what they can to accomplish the mission at hand......

... wait...a ... sec... AHA HA HA HA......:cap_horn:

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,567 posts
13,734 battles
Just now, WarDax said:

Well you can preted that the AI bots are humans actually responding and coming to your aid or doing what they can to accomplish the mission at hand......

... wait...a ... sec... AHA HA HA HA......:cap_horn:

You see the predicament :P

Well i do understand that it might be a bit more imersive. But i don't know what one would need it by now. I mean just look how realistic the AI is resembling the Players :D

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,170 posts
14,910 battles
21 minutes ago, WarDax said:

God knows all to many real players ignore what seems like sensible actions, but having mutineers even among AI?

You are not their Boss.

The feature is not intendended for Operations and Co-Op, therefore WG did not implement it.

Doing the extra work for Training Battle is a bit pointless and I assume that WG would fear that too many players would spend too much time in Training Battles if such a feature existed.

WG intended the Training Battle for testing and later for group training, not really for entertainment.

[CAIN]
Players
4,674 posts
19,810 battles

If the AI were able to respond to player requests, it would widen the gap between the average WoWS player and bots and make said average WoWS player actually feel dumb. You can't show your cashcows how dumb they are, they'd stop throwing money at the screen. 

Besides, there would be an uproar by a minority that would demand more bots in randoms and limit the amount of human players. And WG won't do that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,383 posts

Counter strike source had bots that responded to commands aleady back in 2010. Follow me, cover me, hold this position... worked like a charm.

Would be fun.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,415 posts
10,977 battles
4 hours ago, Europizza said:

WG priority list

------------------------

1. sell lootboxes

2. 'sale' events haha

3. planes duh :(

60247. Make AI do stuff

I an quite certain by now that even their events are created by an AI based on RNG so they gotta have a good AI just keeping it to themselves. Server cannot handle the truth same AI to do both things at the same time. :Smile_trollface:

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
4 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Counter strike source had bots that responded to commands aleady back in 2010. Follow me, cover me, hold this position... worked like a charm.

Star Wars Republic Commando was awesome.... played it a lot and was really good at it too

Lets face it, some of us do better with AI players... instead of:

image.thumb.png.2e7c8c096baa607d30a5041e66ae4559.png

• Cool 1