Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LemonadeWarriorITA

Should aircraft AP armament have an explosive radius?

Aircraft AP armament has an explosive radius, unlike surface ships  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should aircraft AP armament have an explosive radius, unlike AP shells?

• Yes
    • No

6 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,424 posts
7,051 battles

Hee guys,

After my successful poll last time I decided to start another poll about a weird aspect in the game. It is a bit more technical and I didn't understand it at first as well. So if you have questions about the mechanic just hit me with a PM or ask it in here.

So what is the poll about; it turns out that the AP armament of aircraft carriers, thus AP rockets and AP bombs, have an explosive radius. This is counter-intuïtieve because AP armament of ships has always had an explosive radius of 0.

In short: HE armament has an explosive radius, e.g.: torpedoes, shells, bombs and rockets. All of those have an explosion area in the shape of a cube. This is the reason you can damage modules or reset a cap without hitting when using HE armament.

AP shells don't have an explosive radius. It only inflicts damage to the part it hits. Thus for resetting a cap you need to hit the target. However, aircraft AP armament does get an explosive radius. This explosive radius doesn't do any damage, but it can reset caps. 
So yea, in the current version of this game you can lose cap points without receiving any sort of damage. Weird he.

Spoiler

For those that still want to vote in my previous poll, see spoiler below:

Spoiler

PS: Radar YY best DD

Players
375 posts

If you want consistence, stay the hell away from this game. I don't know military engineering fully, but maybe it is possible to have AP-type fragmentation shells as well. 

Sign in to follow this