Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Purnylla

9.11 - 9.12 campaign ship rewards; will they give port slots if you already own the ships?

29 comments in this topic

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
337 posts
11,219 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/bulletin-0911-0912/

The temporary campaign rewards 6 Tier V tech tree ships. For those of us who already have these ships in port, will they receive an extra port slot when they unlock the reward?

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,786 posts
21,266 battles

Yes, plus the silver value of the ship and a captain.

Players
2,307 posts
31,577 battles
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yes, plus the silver value of the ship and a captain.

Is it mentioned anywhere or is it your assumption from previous events? I couldn't find a source confirming this information.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,786 posts
21,266 battles
17 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Is it mentioned anywhere or is it your assumption from previous events? I couldn't find a source confirming this information.

Previous events.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
80 posts
28,254 battles

Have always got the port and any commanders in previous  events with any duplicate ships and received credits or dub's for the duplicate ships, can't see why this event should be any different.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,431 posts
10,977 battles

Are we sure that the Santa stuff will come to the EU server this year, too? :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,786 posts
21,266 battles
28 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Are we sure that the Santa stuff will come to the EU server this year, too? :cap_haloween:

Don't remind me.

Spoiler

"We want EU players to spend more time with their families this year."

• Cool 2

Players
1,804 posts
21,032 battles
58 minut temu, Humorpalanta napisał:

Santa stuff will come to the EU server this year??

If only Lukashenko's "militia" doesn't arrest him together with the whole staff :-]]]

• Funny 3

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,431 posts
10,977 battles
15 hours ago, umbra_arboris said:

If only Lukashenko's "militia" doesn't arrest him together with the whole staff :-]]]

But if he manages to arrive to every kid around the world....

4mzlz5.jpg

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

Off Topic - just looked at the dockyard, 5200 steel for about 50k gold (thats what 170 or so €) hmm tempting... :cap_horn:

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

I spent some cash in this game in my time but this is just ridiculous, when we first had that PEF steel campaign everybody was in an uproar about 4k or so steel you could get from that for like 20€ or so IIRC, now that it costs 8 times as much its all fine...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,134 posts
11,146 battles

In total, you can complete 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases by progressing through combat mission groups.

These phases can be completed by progressing through groups of combat missions of the event, or exchanging 1,950doubloons for each phase.

WG casually went from 0 doubloons required to complete shipbuilding, all the way to 4 phases needed to be bought outright within the span of a single year.
Basically, grind a LOT, pay 25€ and you get a ship!!1!!

I might just reinstall the game just for the T10 gifts exclusively for the faint hope of getting an Enterprise from them, just to add fuel to the fire. 

• Funny 1

[SV]
Players
1,103 posts
14,085 battles
19 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

WG casually went from 0 doubloons required to complete shipbuilding, all the way to 4 phases needed to be bought outright within the span of a single year.
Basically, grind a LOT, pay 25€ and you get a ship!!1!!

I might just reinstall the game just for the T10 gifts exclusively for the faint hope of getting an Enterprise from them, just to add fuel to the fire. 

i mean seriously they still need to make money somehow and this way you get a big discount to buy the hizen, im fine with that! 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,134 posts
11,146 battles
3 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i mean seriously they still need to make money somehow and this way you get a big discount to buy the hizen, im fine with that! 

You are talking about people who managed to talk about lootboxes and monetized shipbuilding in the same article about a patch, following a previous patch that monetized random drops in early access releases to planned content and HEAVILY monetized copy paste job..

"They still need to make money somehow" went out the window years ago.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts
22 minutes ago, albin322 said:

8k gold is still not cheap

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles
13 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

It will probably be cheaper, as they tend to offer a few phases in booster packs or whatever they call them, and there's usually a discount applied, and if you already have the Yahagi you do get 4k back.. but you're right, it's still not cheap if you don't already own the Yahagi.

[SV]
Players
1,103 posts
14,085 battles
29 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

8k dubs for a tier 9 is cheap ! compare  it to alaska georgia mm

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles
3 minutes ago, albin322 said:

Alaska and Georgia don't come with a lengthy grind attached after you've already paid for them so it's not a good comparison. If you want to compare full prices (as in, what would it cost to get the Hizen with no grind at all) you'll find her to be significantly more expensive than the ships you mentioned.

• Cool 1

[SV]
Players
1,103 posts
14,085 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

Alaska and Georgia don't come with a lengthy grind attached after you've already paid for them so it's not a good comparison. If you want to compare full prices (as in, what would it cost to get the Hizen with no grind at all) you'll find her to be significantly more expensive than those ships you mentioned.

yea but you get so much more in the grind so i dont really count that. 2 premium ships and all the col and flags who is probably also gonna be along the way!

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts
8 minutes ago, albin322 said:

You donr have to pay anything for either of those 2 ships if you dont want to rush it and you can still have them, unlike Hizen...

[SV]
Players
1,103 posts
14,085 battles
8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You donr have to pay anything for either of those 2 ships if you dont want to rush it and you can still have them, unlike Hizen...

i know but the ship is 8k dubs, but you should not just count the grind on the hizen since you get llot on the grind. the grind pay for itself. so 8k dubs is not that much for a tier 9 premium. 

[KAKE]
Players
2,737 posts
6,707 battles

Regarding the OP, while they haven't specifically announced it I think it's fairly safe to say that you'll get port slots. All other reward ships at least for as long as I can remember came with port slots even if you had the ships beforehand, and there's nothing to suggest that they'll change that practice.

• Cool 1

Players
1,391 posts
16,576 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, albin322 sagte:

Leaving the argument of how much effort you have to spend on a time gated grind aside.

8k dubs is roughly the price you pay in the armory for a t8 premium if you use the coupon. What gives you more bang for your buck depends on how much milage you get out of a ship. 

- Hizen offers no real value as a captain trainer if you either already own another IJN premium BB or have access to ECXP through 19pt captains 

- it's worse than izumo right now, so beyond the value of not needing a dedicated captain a izumo with a permanent camouflage is the superior IJN BB

- if you own Musashi why care about Hizen? 

To me the milage I get form her would be the rewards from snowflake event. Because I would never play her in randoms... 

And unless I'm wrong this year we had/have two snowflake events. The birthday event gave you 5 signals more for a t9 ship over a t8 one and the Christmas event will give you the same amount of steel for t8 and t9. 

In which case spending 7-8k dubs on a good t8 prem I end up playing more than for just the snowflakes is a better deal... 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this