Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Angus514

"Raptor Rescue" needs fixing

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
1,154 battles

There are too many glitches with this one particular mission to ignore

 

The most apparent is the frequent inability of the AI convoy to stay together - so many times Raptor will speed away from the other ships, leaving essentially 2 groups to defend and the carrier now outside of the repair circle. 

Or even on occasion AI ships have managed to crash into islands and get stuck.

 

Another is the spawning of enemy AI, I'm all for the unpredictability of them spawning in different places each time, but not right next to a player ffs!

Yesterday I'd gone solo to the south to take out the enemy carrier and it's escorts - then when heading off to catch back up with the rest of the team, I had 4 enemy cruisers spawn into almost on top of me ... needless to say I didn't last long

AI need to either spawn off the map or at least outside of players view range.

 

With these sorts of glitches being a far too common occurrence the mission is often impossible to complete, made more frustrating because you can't just give it another go in the same ship straight away again without spending. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,077 posts
6,602 battles

1) According WG, there will be no fix  of those well kown bugs.

2) Don't go wandering everywhere (BB and cruisers can shoot at enemy CV at long range), protect the Raptor at any cost, stay near her, take even torpedoes for her, or  loose the game .

 

Guys who go solo in the south (or elsewhere) make loosing games

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
5,021 battles

The AI navigation issues are a pain, autopilot is as well. It should be a high priority for Wargaming to at least ensure bots can consider backing up in a timely manner, even if they're programmed to dodge torpedoes at the cost of running into an island.

 

 

That said, though the spawning shouldn't be a major issue, though it makes more sense to have them spawn on the edge of the map as happens with most other missions. I've noticed some people exploiting known locations too though, sitting at the edge of the map, torps at the ready for any soon to spawn AI.

 

So now that you know where they spawn and what direction they face with turrets and all, you could start exploiting this. Theoretically even launching torpedoes at them before they appear if you know the exact timing, or line up the perfect broadside from safety.

 

Spawning outside of player view is not realistic however, because then you could exploit this excessively for combat and logistical edges in the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
1,154 battles
1 hour ago, Figment said:

The AI navigation issues are a pain, autopilot is as well. It should be a high priority for Wargaming to at least ensure bots can consider backing up in a timely manner, even if they're programmed to dodge torpedoes at the cost of running into an island.

 

 

That said, though the spawning shouldn't be a major issue, though it makes more sense to have them spawn on the edge of the map as happens with most other missions. I've noticed some people exploiting known locations too though, sitting at the edge of the map, torps at the ready for any soon to spawn AI.

 

So now that you know where they spawn and what direction they face with turrets and all, you could start exploiting this. Theoretically even launching torpedoes at them before they appear if you know the exact timing, or line up the perfect broadside from safety.

 

Spawning outside of player view is not realistic however, because then you could exploit this excessively for combat and logistical edges in the mission.

The solution I would think for the spawns (unless they already do it) would be to have spawns all around the map and it chooses spawns that are away from players current positions - perhaps not all spawns are outside the map but I think its ridiculous that they have ships literally spawning within 2km of your position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,061 posts
5,021 battles
5 hours ago, Angus514 said:

The solution I would think for the spawns (unless they already do it) would be to have spawns all around the map and it chooses spawns that are away from players current positions - perhaps not all spawns are outside the map but I think its ridiculous that they have ships literally spawning within 2km of your position 

Spawns are placed in relation to a progressing mission, so by your logic you could exploit this by forcing the spawns on the other end of the map from where your escorting duty is by stationing players on all the nearby spawns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
1,154 battles
14 hours ago, Figment said:

Spawns are placed in relation to a progressing mission, so by your logic you could exploit this by forcing the spawns on the other end of the map from where your escorting duty is by stationing players on all the nearby spawns.

No necessarily, given the amount of islands on the map it would be very easy to have enemy ships spawn behind them, realistically there areas to place more spawns than can be covered by the few ships in the mission

 

Literally anywhere but right next to a player, the more ridiculous thing about that encounter was that I was trailing the stern of the convoy by at least 15km when the cruisers spawned next to me, you could have drawn a 15km radius around the convoy and picked literally any other spot along that line, but instead it opted for right on top of a player.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×