Sign in to follow this  
TigerKPT

Torpedo Aiming & Firing Mechanics Bug.

1 comment in this topic

[HOO]
Players
25 posts
12,838 battles

You have always been able to lock the gun turrets using CTRL + X and the torpedo launchers have worked totally independently of the gun turrets without being affected by the gun turrets being locked on a specific bearing. This is no longer (very recently) the case... and I am hoping that this is a bug rather than an intended change. I am a DD main and am currently finding this bug to be game breaking and frustrating!

This bug is not linked to a specific ship (I checked), there has definitely been a change to the in game mechanic that is throwing this off.

I have attached images showing  examples... one less extreme in a normal game and one extreme simulated example to show this better.

There are three fault scenarios: -

a) guns locked onto a specific bearing, select torpedoes, torpedo launcher model assets move freely and align with the torpedo aiming reticle, fire the torpedoes, you get the animation of the torpedoes firing... yet the torpedoes do not follow the aimed path, they follow the path/bearing of the locked guns.

b) guns locked onto a specific bearing (say port side), select torpedoes and rotate the launchers to another bearing (say starboard), unlock guns... go to fire torpedoes and torpedo launchers will not respond or fire. They will only fire once the unlocked gun turrets have caught up to the bearing you want to launch...

c) guns have been locked onto a specific bearing that does not fall into the torpedo firing arcs (locked forward or aft for example)... go to fire torpedoes and torpedo launchers will not respond or fire at all... you can only fire them once the guns have been unlocked and the turrets face a bearing in the launch arc...

In all scenarios above, the model assets (torpedo launchers) move freely and independently from the gun turrets, but their firing mechanic and aiming path is now completely linked to the guns and is no longer independent... this has never been like this before in years of playing!

shot-20.11.17_16.46.47-0440.jpg

shot-20.11.17_16.46.49-0473.jpg

shot-20.11.17_19.06.31-0788.jpg

shot-20.11.17_19.06.33-0827.jpg