You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Nothing Changes what is wrong with people?

67 comments in this topic

Players
2,403 posts

So after doing other things than random I thought I'd give random a go...

As the title says nothing changes...

On my team, the heavies, were a 3 man Division with CV, Conqueror and Thunderer... another Thunderer, Yamato and a Montana...

For the whole of the game the BB's never ventured three squares south of the northernmost border.... the rest of the team begging for help were picked off one by one because the enemy team pushed and had two radar cruisers that the BB's seemed loathed to shoot at... I am in my Shimakaze and by 8 minutes I am last standing DD against Gearing, Halland and Smalland....

Amazingly after all 3 DD's are dead, the Venezia and Salem are sunk, Montana and Thunderer push.... and die...

I am thoroughly pissed off with game after game going this way in randoms because BB's no longer want to anything but sit... if you want to camp join the Girl Guides or something... I score 20,000 dmg and finish third....

Screenshot (1194).png

Screenshot (1193).png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
7,081 posts

This game is dying by the player base dumbening, last 3 days I had like 5 wins and 20 losses, this people literally do NOTHING at all...

• Cool 18

Players
52 posts
70 battles

It's time to take a break if you don't have fun anymore.

The point of playing is to have fun. Stop playing for today because no one will care about you being upset. They will continue playing the way they do as they always have.

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts

On the contrary, they have learned that pushing towards enemy will reward the enemy HE spammers behind islands, behind more islands, in smoke, in another smoke, close to map border, in smoke or behind islands or possibly both.

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
31,606 battles

1. Apparently enemy CV did a better job.

2. This is how random T10 games are for a long while.

3. Play some other ship and forget this match.

4. The more you play random the more you'll see this pattern but won't get used to it. Instead you'll keep cussing to the level of the player base. 

5. Just pop a beer.

• Cool 6

Players
2,403 posts
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

On the contrary, they have learned that pushing towards enemy will reward the enemy HE spammers behind islands, behind more islands, in smoke, in another smoke, close to map border, in smoke or behind islands or possibly both.

But, how many HE spammers on my team?

@Yedwy I think that you are dead right... 

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

But, how many HE spammers on my team?

@Yedwy I think that you are dead right... 

Perhaps they are being cautious... :Smile_unsure:

Players
2,403 posts
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Perhaps they are being cautious... :Smile_unsure:

Well I would use another term to describe them...

'Phallus Strokers'

(Yeah that's me keeping it clean :Smile_trollface:)

• Funny 4

Players
52 posts
70 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Migantium_Mashum sagte:

Well I would use another term to describe them...

'Phallus Strokers'

(Yeah that's me keeping it clean :Smile_trollface:)

The urge after causing the sinking of an enemy ship.... with its parts wheezing through the air due to the explosion... those big.. thick, black citadel ribbons.. the urge is there.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,291 posts
14,932 battles
11 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Then I wonder why the pushing teams win so often and the camping teams lose...

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
4,418 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

tumblr_mi9tz6gw0H1qc8b1uo1_500.gif

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Well.. apart from securing or at least denying enemy the caps, pushing itself brings no benefit over camping. The only thing that matters is which team is able to concentrate their fire power where it counts the most at each given time.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,291 posts
14,932 battles
5 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. apart from securing or at least denying enemy the caps, pushing itself brings no benefit over camping. The only thing that matters is which team is able to concentrate their fire power where it counts the most at each given time.

+ map control

+ chosing your engagements and the optimal engagement ranges

+ firepower advantage vs the few enemy ships that move forward, basicly allowing you to take apart the enemy team piece by piece

• Cool 1

Players
52 posts
70 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

+ map control 

It's the same as developing your pieces in chess while the opposite player just moves the king back and forth after castle.

• Cool 4

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,432 posts
10,977 battles
27 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

This game is dying by the player base dumbening, last 3 days I had like 5 wins and 20 losses, this people literally do NOTHING at all...

On the contrary. I see that my teams usually do the most to make the worst decision humanly possible.

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
669 posts

I lost karma after a victorious game, having killed 3 BB in my Minsk with 7.5km concealment. Good to know that not only do sore losers downvote, but ungrateful teammates don't upvote. O tempora, o mores.

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

+ map control

+ chosing your engagements and the optimal engagement ranges

+ firepower advantage vs the few enemy ships that move forward, basicly allowing you to take apart the enemy team piece by piece

Yes.. that's what I had in mind. Pushing leaves you open to enemy picking off your ships unless your team knows what they are doing. Conversely, camping leaves your ships vulnerable to the advancing enemy if they know how to push. Map control really matters for the caps, and for flanking and not being caught in crossfire.

One problem with the teams is they don't know how to evaluate their chances. They push against superior numbers when there is no chance. That's a fairly basic mistake to make, and usually easily avoided if you care to. It is much harder to gauge when you need to push with your weaker flank against the enemy's stronger flank.

[JRM]
Players
7,081 posts
25 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

On the contrary. I see that my teams usually do the most to make the worst decision humanly possible.

Good point I stand corrected, today I died at a certain point at which we had all 3 caps and 500 pt advantage 9 vs 9 ships, it was a loss... :Smile_amazed: Like how?

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,509 posts
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Good point I stand corrected, today I died at a certain point at which we had all 3 caps and 500 pt advantage 9 vs 9 ships, it was a loss... :Smile_amazed: Like how?

Beats me, unless I was somehow on your team. :Smile_hiding:

[SHAFT]
Players
11,158 posts
9,512 battles

Just stay away from TX. Its just braindead zombies running around. Occasionally you get them on T8-9 too, but overall its still more frequent on TX.

image.png.5d6e4af3460509faefe30be3e0fafd21.png

Had these 2 gems last week, with brainmelting stupidity.

Thunderer game, our Shima ran into a Salem, but that was not enough. He had to smoke the Salem up (which was a Unicum ofc), so he got raped by the Salem, then Salem started raping our team from Shimas smoke. Meanwhile, a Thunderer and Bourgogne sat behind islands, farming us with HE. And 3 DDs circling smokes with each other, while one of them kept spotting all of us. Pushing in would have been immediately game over, because HE spam from 5 ships + torps from 3 ships. Enemies took all caps, won the other flank, game was over in 7. Nothing could be done on our flank, we would have wanted to go center, but with our team evaporating and enemies getting the caps, there was no chance stopping them from getting 1k points.

Riga not much different. Almost entire enemy team went C, except 4 ships, 3 were at A. We went to A aswell, most BBs followed also. Radared the enemy Z 3 times, noone else ever shot it but me. While i was trying to get away from being crossfired from the ships from C, all of our BBs happily camped at islands, not shooting the DD at <12km, nor the Alaska at <14km. Also not the Alsace who was sitting flat broadside to them at <6km, but what can you do if you have an island next to you i guess :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
357 posts
5,243 battles

Yeah, stay away from T10, or at least full T10 divisions. You get comparably more same tier games and as little to no ship tier differences persist, the influence of every single player is actually greater, because there is less to be decided by the ships themselves. Go for T8 or T9 with a ship that can punch upwards. Obviously you can still get the potatoes as your top tier or a team full of yolo-lowtiers, but you wont be snowballing that hard.

In the end you can do little, despite trying your best. Team no gucci = no winnerino.

• Cool 2

Players
2,082 posts
16,283 battles
47 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I bolded the part where you failed. You seemed to operate under the erroneous assumption that your team mates can be trusted not to throw a surefire win. You lost the moment you left it in their hands. Remember, it's not 12v12, it's 1v23.

• Cool 2

Players
2,403 posts

@DFens_666 @dommo77

Can you imagine this game in one year if it's like this now?

20 minutes of sheer boredom because nobody will ever move to do anything.... People who like challenges will simply leave this game...

• Cool 3