Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curesto

Should i start playing Randoms?

40 comments in this topic

Players
48 posts
595 battles

Hi, new player. I've been playing World Of Warships for about 25 days. I've really enjoying the game and played 500+ matches. Never played on Randoms. Should i start playing Randoms?

Also, recent Co-op match results of mine with Gneisenau:

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_17_17_44_27_543.thumb.png.74c7b1e738eb0106885cb09d792d4025.png

[SM0KE]
Players
6,177 posts
14,684 battles
8 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Should i start playing Randoms?

Yes, if only because the rewards are better, and the opposition more varied (by dint of being humans, once you're out of the mostly-bot protected MM).

However, start at lower tiers, rather than in whatever your highest tier ship from Coop is...

Players
118 posts
15,661 battles

Could be worth joining a clan.

If you keep on getting good results like that, congrats BTW :cap_like:, it shouldn't be too long before you get noticed and invited to join one.

Then you can division up with clan mates who can then offer tactical advice during a random battle as @HaachamaShippingstates real players are harder to play against than co-op bots.

From the few random battles I've played, they tend to take longer to unfold than co-op - there's usually more strategy going on so patience can be a virtue.

Players
489 posts
6,329 battles
21 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, new player. I've been playing World Of Warships for about 25 days. I've really enjoying the game and played 500+ matches. Never played on Randoms. Should i start playing Randoms?

WorldOfWarships64_2020_11_17_17_44_27_543.thumb.png.74c7b1e738eb0106885cb09d792d4025.png

If you've endured 500 co-op games, you can certainly try randoms. Do not, for the love of naked admiral Nelson, start at anything below tier 5 or 6. Play a ship you like and feel you do well in. Prepare to be thrashed, don't take it personally. Don't listen to toxic asses, ask in chat for tips. If you have high blood pressure,  don't forget your pills. If you don't have high blood pressure, you'll probably get it. Don't play beyond the point you're having fun.

Let us know how it went and if you have questions ask. Most of us will gladly offer unsolicited opinions, let alone asked-for advice.

O7

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
3,289 posts
19,956 battles

Ask for tips, play it safe the first few battles, just to get a feel on how different PVP is. Do not Yolo in, bots are not humans. Use a ship you feel comfortable in. PVP are meanies. Wear your mental dragon skin.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,660 posts
44,050 battles

ofc you should try randoms, however expect more tactics involved , humans do not came straight after you, the objectives (caps) matter a lot - it is not just aim, it is also when not to fire etc - use of terrain- the bots comes after you even mostly even if they do not see you, but humans may not - the y can flee if their team is ahead and so on - you must be more aware of the minimpa etc everything - I would say play a lot  of midtiers 5-7, Higher tiers have different META, whilst the midtiers are on average more fun and it is more forgiving for new players. It is of less importance your captan level in midtiers - but higher up you need a good captain as well to not be at a serious disadvantage. Try to watch guides on youtube.

Take your time, the game is mature so if you run into veterans /good players they might punish you hard, try differnt ships, expect staelthtorping from DDs so try to learn their position or likely position. Lots of this just came from experience - lots of. You will memorize maps and your opponents, It will payoff greatly if you look at teamcomposition at the start, try to see what types of DDs they have to learn how dangerous they are for you, torp range /detection range at last roughly. Whilst a RU DD normally goes 4 km at T5-7 apart from the premiums shortehr than their detection range , IJN can reach up to 10 km and you are often caught by them as its their style. But you will learn this.

[OCTO]
Players
72 posts
4,953 battles

Yes!  The rewards are much better and when it's good it's more fun, just be prepared for the bad which is also worse.  You will have teammates that are considerably less effective than those NPC bots, if your team has a much higher ratio of them than the enemy team, you will get stomped.   

Players
48 posts
595 battles
37 dakika önce, Gnirf dedi:

ofc you should try randoms, however expect more tactics involved , humans do not came straight after you, the objectives (caps) matter a lot - it is not just aim, it is also when not to fire etc - use of terrain- the bots comes after you even mostly even if they do not see you, but humans may not - the y can flee if their team is ahead and so on - you must be more aware of the minimpa etc everything - I would say play a lot  of midtiers 5-7, Higher tiers have different META, whilst the midtiers are on average more fun and it is more forgiving for new players. It is of less importance your captan level in midtiers - but higher up you need a good captain as well to not be at a serious disadvantage. Try to watch guides on youtube.

Take your time, the game is mature so if you run into veterans /good players they might punish you hard, try differnt ships, expect staelthtorping from DDs so try to learn their position or likely position. Lots of this just came from experience - lots of. You will memorize maps and your opponents, It will payoff greatly if you look at teamcomposition at the start, try to see what types of DDs they have to learn how dangerous they are for you, torp range /detection range at last roughly. Whilst a RU DD normally goes 4 km at T5-7 apart from the premiums shortehr than their detection range , IJN can reach up to 10 km and you are often caught by them as its their style. But you will learn this.

I just hate toxic players or players that punishes someone. 

I've only played once on Randoms with Warspite. I can say it's was totally different from Co-op battle. I've sunk 1 battleships as well.

I have Anshan, really love playing with it, but i don't know how to aim torpedoes or where to fire. 

[SWAMP]
Players
580 posts
3,424 battles

Randoms are much more fun in general imo, but you might not want to go for randoms in your Gneisenau right away.
As others have said, humans behave very differently from bots, and the higher up you get in the tiers the better people play (in general), so in a Gneisenau facing t9 human players you might be in for a very rude awakening.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
1 hour ago, Curesto said:

Yes, but I'd start at low tiers again, say T4 and work you way back upto T7+ just to learn how enemy humans will play rather than just jumping straight from T7+ Co-Op into T7+ PvP without learning how Humans play first.

I started out in PvP (1300+ games) then swapped to Co-Op only (5400+ games) so I know that Humans don't play anywhere near as  "aggressively" as the bots do so any "charge in and brawl" type ideas you have learned from Co-Op will just get you focused and killed very quickly. By T7 most Humans play slower, more cautiously and try to stay bow on most of the time, the complete opposite of what Bots do, making it far harder to play against them which can lead to a little frustration and thinking "CHARRRRRRGE!!!!" which is a huge mistake that most players learn about in PvP by T4.

Either way, don't be disheartened if you start losing badly once you swap over, going from a 95%+ WR to a 50% WR can take a bit of getting used to :Smile_trollface:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,245 posts
17,729 battles

Yes, but don't go anywhere near Tier IV unless you fancy being sunk by Hoshos. Tier V will give you some AA capability to ward CVs off (although nothing stops a determined CV), and some decent ships to play with. Be cautious, but not timid, and have fun. 

[TACHA]
Players
1,479 posts
16,544 battles
2 hours ago, Curesto said:

Agree with most of above - start with a ship you like at a lower tier - I would be tempted to start at tier 2 as no CV  and you will see the random nature of random players. Also consider joining a clan - plenty will welcome newcomers and you will get more XP, reduced costs and some people who will division with you. You are welcome to try mine but suggest you have a look around in the clan section as well - not sure where you are from and finding a clan who use your language in Discord or alternative is a good plan. You will find Co-Op and Random quite different - bots have a better aim than many random players but are predictable - also play operations which encourage team play - again best done in a clan but possible solo. I wish you many happy and successful battles!

Players
2,075 posts
16,239 battles

Why not, try it for a while and see if you like it. Just go in it with the understanding that it's literally nothing like coop, and nothing you did in coop prepared you for it. Think of it as getting into a whole new game, because essentially, in terms of developing a new skill set, you are. Don't go too high too fast, don't use premiums to skip straight into high tiers, use that mini map to determine where the enemy is, where your team is, and where you should be that both ensures you don't get killed off instantly while still enabling you to be useful to your team. It's all easier said than done, and the only real way to learn is through experience. Good luck!

• Cool 2

[GW_KR]
Players
281 posts
13,565 battles
2 hours ago, Curesto said:

Random is more challanging, more rewarding and - in my opinion - more fun than coop. They work in a very different way, though. In coop - and correct me people if I am wrong - the bots go for the target with lowest hp. That means they will attack the dds first, then cruisers and lastly bbs with the lowest hp exception always in force. The bots also go towards a neutral or enemy cap like on a rail.  In coop the enemy dds will rush straight in making it easy to kill them off and after that the cruisers. This is why in Gneis you can get lots of damage and kills before you are targeted because the enemy will target the friendly dds and cruisers before you. In random, Gneisenau are one of the first ships detected and targeted. There it is a hard ship to play.
In random the dds are much harder to detect and the torps are used longrange and in stealth. In coop the cvs are more or less harmless but in random they are hard to defend against. 
so, random offers much different playstyle simply because its humans and not predicible bots on the other side.  
But this is what makes it fun! So yes, go for randoms but expect a harsh world with much higher rewards. Ignore the abusers and have fun. Good luck and Happy huntings!

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
33 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Yes, but don't go anywhere near Tier IV unless you fancy being sunk by Hoshos. Tier V will give you some AA capability to ward CVs off (although nothing stops a determined CV), and some decent ships to play with. Be cautious, but not timid, and have fun. 

T5 gets no protected MM so you can end up facing T7's where as T4 gets protected MM so you end up facing a max of T5. All T4-5 ships get pooped ion by CV's so there's no really benefit to using T5 as a starter vs using T4 instead for the protected MM.

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
7 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

I'd start at tier 7 if I was you, it keeps you out of the worst CV infested battles at low tiers.

I wouldn't. Tier VII gets uptiered a lot since mm changes. 

Tier V or VI are better imo.

• Cool 5

[NMA]
Players
87 posts
4,307 battles

You can try playing Orion at tier IV, it's one of few tier IV ships with somewhat decent AA and given people playing CV's at tier IV arent usually that great avoiding flak, it helps. Also there is a good chance CV will leave you for most of match alone just due to fact there will be a lot of more helpless targets around.
Also it's a BB,  so the easiest class to start with, with both good HE and decent AP shells, so whatever you will end up hurling at enemies will benefit your team.

Try to find the balance between pushing and staying back, watch the minimap, try to pay attention where enemy DD's are, find a good position close to caps while having one of your flanks covered by landmass/friendlies. It's a lot of fun to play vs humans, good luck and hope you gonna have fun.

CV's can give very bad impression about game at tier IV, but there are less of them at mid tiers.

Or try tier II, no CV's there :)

• Cool 1

[PAPAT]
Players
9 posts
4 hours ago, Europizza said:

Ask for tips, play it safe the first few battles, just to get a feel on how different PVP is. Do not Yolo in, bots are not humans. Use a ship you feel comfortable in. PVP are meanies. Wear your mental dragon skin.

Many + for you sir for not being an elitist arse despite your unicum status. This is what makes a great gaming community. Best thread today. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this